1798 21 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Canada

12 days I can't  use my CS 7.85 UB. Tried to reload firmware from site - no success. The CS cant play or record logs of my flights, if I need to land my drone out of field of view I will loose it. The pictrure from camera looks like The Matrix screensaver - a lot of digital artifacts, green screen and etc., even if my drone in 20 meters and it is 100% signal strength. Lost a lot of clear days and work.
  • Anybody can tell me is it possible to downgrade CS firmware?
  • If yes, is it possible to put the link with previos firmware here in the Thread?

2018-4-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Frustrating to say the least.  

Bricked CS - poor door stop or expensive paper weight?  
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Our engineers have been aware of the playing issue of flight records and will fix it soon. The issue will not affect the generation of flight records, please try to sync the flight records and play it on another mobile device. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-4-26
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-26 03:21
Sorry for the troubles. Our engineers have been aware of the playing issue of flight records and will fix it soon. The issue will not affect the generation of flight records, please try to sync the flight records and play it on another mobile device. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, Susan answer my questions.

1. Is it possible to downgrade CS firmware?
2. If possible, can you put previous firmware to downloads folder, or send me direct link?
Previos firmware worked good and I did not have such troubles with my flights
2018-4-26
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

It is not possible to downgrade CS firmware.
2018-4-26
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

TomWolves Posted at 2018-4-26 17:51
It is not possible to downgrade CS firmware.

Thank you! Still waiting while DJI tech guys fix my CS. Flyin with ipad...
2018-4-27
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221099 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had not used my Mavic Pro and CrystalSky 7.85 in a few months.  When I booted everything up, I updated FW with out the usual "will it break anything" that I should of...  I just want to add another voice to someone having this same issue.

I cannot use my CS at all for flying!  Looks great when the MP is sitting there ready to take off...  Once it starts to move, the video feed ids utter crap!

I really hope the fix comes soon, this is inexcusable for such an expensive accessory, that was great for me at one point.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

skywatch111 Posted at 2018-4-26 03:47
Please, Susan answer my questions.

1. Is it possible to downgrade CS firmware?

It is not available to downgrade the CS at this moment. Sorry about this. Our engineers are working on it and I'll keep follow up as well.
2018-5-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-3 22:58
It is not available to downgrade the CS at this moment. Sorry about this. Our engineers are working on it and I'll keep follow up as well.

Yup, I was thinking of upgrading my 5.5" CS to a 7.85" Ultra but so many issues of backlight failures and now this, think I will hold off on this one.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-5 09:00
Yup, I was thinking of upgrading my 5.5" CS to a 7.85" Ultra but so many issues of backlight failures and now this, think I will hold off on this one.

That's what I expected.
2018-5-11
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 01:38
That's what I expected.

I got the same problems with the flight records on the CS.
I uploaded the wrong records from the CS in the cloud, and download the records on a mini iPad and everything looks OK.
So the records are OK, but the CS cannot handle it anymore with version v4.2.8.

Another problem now : the max takeoff altitude is 286.8 meter.

I live in the Nederlands (translated: low lands) is all flat and just above the sea-level, our biggest hill/mountain is about 69 meters where I live (Utrecht).

The highest altitude I did fly was 82 meters, in the Nederlands the max. altitude is 120 meters.

Where is this coming form ? This do not make any sense.

2018-5-11
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Still pretty bad.  Will start to happen mid flight.  Best thing to do is to unplug the CS from the controller and plug it in.  Sometimes it helps, other times it does not.

Thought I may have better luck with Litchi, same issue still!  I love my iPhone X, but have the CS (which replaced an iPad Mini 4) for it's larger screen and brightness.  I find myself having to pop my iPhone in mid flight many times.  

Seems to be a problem with Android in general.  You would think their engineers could make it work on a product they manufacture...  Do they not field test before a firmware release?

Works perfect on iOS every time!  It is really embarrassing too...  Friends and family love to observe the Mavic Flying, but now when they see the issue on the CS, I feel disappointed (even more so) for the investment I put in to have a premium solution!  Talk up how great the CS is, and then this!

Please have a fix out soon DJI!  I am on vacation in six weeks, and have been looking forward to flying the Mavic Pro with the CS!  The CS will be much more visible than my iPhone X in the bright Caribbean sun!  I would love to use the product I paid specifically for the purpose of flying my Mavic Pro.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-11 05:57
I got the same problems with the flight records on the CS.
I uploaded the wrong records from the CS in the cloud, and download the records on a mini iPad and everything looks OK.
So the records are OK, but the CS cannot handle it anymore with version v4.2.8.

Sorry about this. Could you sync the flight records and tell us your DJI Account? We'd like to check as well.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VAJeff Posted at 2018-5-12 19:32
Still pretty bad.  Will start to happen mid flight.  Best thing to do is to unplug the CS from the controller and plug it in.  Sometimes it helps, other times it does not.

Thought I may have better luck with Litchi, same issue still!  I love my iPhone X, but have the CS (which replaced an iPad Mini 4) for it's larger screen and brightness.  I find myself having to pop my iPhone in mid flight many times.  

We sincerely apologize for the troubles. Our engineers are working on the flight records issue, and we'll release it as soon as it is ready. If you encounter other issues about the CrystalSky, please kindly offer more details for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-5-15
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-15 02:23
We sincerely apologize for the troubles. Our engineers are working on the flight records issue, and we'll release it as soon as it is ready. If you encounter other issues about the CrystalSky, please kindly offer more details for better assistance, thanks so much!

Hi! In addition to its new "Feature" not to Save flight logs CS in new firmware shows the worst picture I seen on android devices. Digital artifacts, green screen, loosing connection even in 50 feet from aircraft. When I switch to iPad 4 mini  the videolink become stable and signal is good
2018-5-15
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

skywatch111 Posted at 2018-5-15 16:10
Hi! In addition to its new "Feature" not to Save flight logs CS in new firmware shows the worst picture I seen on android devices. Digital artifacts, green screen, loosing connection even in 50 feet from aircraft. When I switch to iPad 4 mini  the videolink become stable and signal is good

This is my experience on it.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

skywatch111 Posted at 2018-5-15 16:10
Hi! In addition to its new "Feature" not to Save flight logs CS in new firmware shows the worst picture I seen on android devices. Digital artifacts, green screen, loosing connection even in 50 feet from aircraft. When I switch to iPad 4 mini  the videolink become stable and signal is good

Thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? Could you upload some screen recording? I'd like to forward to our engineers for further analysis, thanks!
2018-5-21
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292526 ft

They told me you can not go back, And my crystal sky is in Calf now being fixed like yours.And i know nothing about what is going on with it dji has not even e-mail me about any thing about it.I do not know what to do when or if i do get it back, After what happen to you here i just don't know,They probably put it in the down load so you can only fly now with in view, if they did that I will never buy any thing from dji again.
2018-5-22
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292526 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 01:38
Thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? Could you upload some screen recording? I'd like to forward to our engineers for further analysis, thanks!

Why can't we talk to DJI ? Only over sea's can you tell me that. we are talking over $2000.00 for a Mavic and a crystal sky .And you treat us like this.
2018-5-22
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 619308 ft

got my CS 7.8U 5 days ago bad pilxalation on screen. footage from MP is clean. I think the CS processor is over worked !!!  
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JohnCom Posted at 2018-5-22 17:06
Why can't we talk to DJI ? Only over sea's can you tell me that. we are talking over $2000.00 for a Mavic and a crystal sky .And you treat us like this.

Sorry for the late response. I've read your new post and found the issue has been solved: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149580-1-1.html  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience again. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mavpronu Posted at 2018-5-23 18:48
got my CS 7.8U 5 days ago bad pilxalation on screen. footage from MP is clean. I think the CS processor is over worked !!!

May I have some pictures of the pixelation you referred? We'd like to check the status and help you out.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules