Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost Video then resets
578 7 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic for over a year with NO problems. I decided to fly over one of our local reserviors. I have a perfect spot across the road from it and am about 150 ' above it. Makes for nice view of it and being able to keep my mavic in sight. So I start up and begin my flight. Everything was going great until about 8:40 into my flight. I lost the feed on my ipad. Now the DJI app was still on and working but no feed from my Mavic. Also the speed and all the info was gone and was reading NA. I didn't panic because I still had line of sight. I began flying back towards myself and the feed came back. I wasn't more than a few hundred feet from the mavic. When it all came back on it had rest everything and switched to photo from the video I was recording. My video feed shows what looks like the camera pointing to the sky and then back to normal. Has anyone had this happen before or know what the heck happened? I'm at work right now but can shorten the feed and show what happened if it helps.
2018-4-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

You did not specify Mavic Pro, Platinum or Air. So please specify so people know what model you are talking about.
Anyways this sounds like a gimble reset. Lots of info about this on the forum. Please use the search function and you will find answers.
2018-4-25
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
United States

Sorry it is a Mavic Pro,  I figured by stating that I've had it for over a year would let people know what it was. I will search for the gimbal reset.
2018-4-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

Try another USB cable too.  Cheap fix.  Use the USB port on the bottom of the controller.
2018-4-25
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Had the same problem but only once.
I panicked and The MP did a RTH.
After my post it was decided that it was just a Gimbal reset.
Here is my original post 10 seconds of panic
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Burmman, may I know what's the current aircraft firmware? Does the issue appear only once or more?
2018-4-26
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-26 03:17
Hey Burmman, may I know what's the current aircraft firmware? Does the issue appear only once or more?

Sorry I'm out of town. I will check to see when I get home tomorrow. I know that it was just updated recently. I try to make sure I get the updates as soon as possible when they are available. The issue happened only once so far. Since then I am afraid to fly
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Burmman Posted at 2018-4-27 07:58
Sorry I'm out of town. I will check to see when I get home tomorrow. I know that it was just updated recently. I try to make sure I get the updates as soon as possible when they are available. The issue happened only once so far. Since then I am afraid to fly

Thanks for the clarification. Please keep the drone in the line of sight and start video recording in an open place to test. If the issue appears again, please kindly send the original videos in the SD card for analysis, thanks!
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules