Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why I got jerky video on Osmo Mobile 2 with iPhone 6s+?
3843 19 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.1

Here what I'm using:
1. Osmo Mobile 2 with latest firmware
2. DJI Go app with latest update
3. iPhone 6s Plus

Balance the iphone perfectly, but when shooting for 4K video, use the zoom in/out button or pan sideways, the video is jerky, feels like losing some frame. Does anyone have this issue? Thanks.

2018-4-24
Use props
kbm79
lvl.4
France

Could be down to the digital zoom - smartphones be it iPhone or Android, Video zoom do not give good results. In fact, any digital zoom does not give good results.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, do you have other mobile device to see if they have the same issue? How about the lower resolution? Does the issue persist?
2018-4-25
Use props
lvl.1
Canada

kbm79 Posted at 2018-4-24 23:57
Could be down to the digital zoom - smartphones be it iPhone or Android, Video zoom do not give good results. In fact, any digital zoom does not give good results.

The problem is without zoom, I pan left/right, still see the same thing.
2018-4-25
Use props
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-25 04:03
Hi there, do you have other mobile device to see if they have the same issue? How about the lower resolution? Does the issue persist?

If I don't shoot 4K, the issue is less noticeable.  I think it might related to 4K video.
Don't have another phone to try 4K, but will find one.
2018-4-25
Use props
lvl.1
Canada

Follow up. Looks like it's the issue of DJI GO app.  It's not stable when shoot with 4K. If I switch to 1080p then it's much better.

If I use iPhone app, very smooth even in 4K.

And recently I found if I use DJI Go app, the phone will hang randomly, I have to switch off the phone by pressing power and home button at the same time.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

020 Posted at 2018-6-4 09:23
Follow up. Looks like it's the issue of DJI GO app.  It's not stable when shoot with 4K. If I switch to 1080p then it's much better.

If I use iPhone app, very smooth even in 4K.

Thank you for updating the issue, we will be forwarding your concern to our engineer and as soon as we received a feedback from them we will inform you. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The issue will get fixed in the next APP V3.1.42, please wait patiently for the next update, sorry for all the troubles that have been caused.
2018-6-4
Use props
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-4 23:34
The issue will get fixed in the next APP V3.1.42, please wait patiently for the next update, sorry for all the troubles that have been caused.

Thanks for the update Mindy.  It's nice to hear DJI found the source of the issue.  Before I thought something wrong with my Osmo Mobile 2, but later I found out it just the app.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

020 Posted at 2018-6-5 08:10
Thanks for the update Mindy.  It's nice to hear DJI found the source of the issue.  Before I thought something wrong with my Osmo Mobile 2, but later I found out it just the app.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2018-6-5
Use props
125MJD
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 23:45
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I have same issue, used mobile 2 for firs time to take 4k video, results are horrible, stalling, jumped frames end result unusable.  Ive updated firmware etc etc I have iPhone 6s + with latest software updated.   Need help really annoying.  
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

125MJD Posted at 11-4 08:58
I have same issue, used mobile 2 for firs time to take 4k video, results are horrible, stalling, jumped frames end result unusable.  Ive updated firmware etc etc I have iPhone 6s + with latest software updated.   Need help really annoying.

Hi 125MJD, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 2, does the issue only happen to 4k? How about other resolution? Do you have another mobile device to make a comparison test?
2018-11-5
Use props
125MJD
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 03:01
Hi 125MJD, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 2, does the issue only happen to 4k? How about other resolution? Do you have another mobile device to make a comparison test?

Hi there, it’s marginally better at lower res, but it should work at 4K that’s why I bought it.  
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_ErCl1u4GvGXz
New
United States

I have the same issue, recently brought Osmo mobile 2 and with tried to Zoom IN/OUT the frames are dropped at 4K, I haven't tired other resolution! Also I have issue in active tracking, the Osmo glitching all over the track without any stability! I have Samsung S9+. There is no option for slow-motion capture as well! its huge disappointment.
2018-11-5
Use props
125MJD
New
United Kingdom

Come on support there are buyers with performance issues on what is basic stuff here , solutions please or these become active bad reviewers of the product...,,,this shouldn’t be this hard to get actual help and not arms length bot responses with std replies.   So far the product does not work
2018-11-6
Use props
lvl.1
Canada

125MJD Posted at 11-6 10:27
Come on support there are buyers with performance issues on what is basic stuff here , solutions please or these become active bad reviewers of the product...,,,this shouldn’t be this hard to get actual help and not arms length bot responses with std replies.   So far the product does not work

I found the workaround is to use iPhone camera app for 4K shooting. The Dji app is not very stable, I found it will crash my phone sometimes. Usually I use Dji app shot a footage then lock the phone; unlock to shoot another one.  But it will freeze sometime after unlock. I need to force iPhone reboot to fix it.

I believe this is more like a software issue for DJI app, but the Osmo Mobile 2 is still usable.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

125MJD Posted at 11-5 05:32
Hi there, it’s marginally better at lower res, but it should work at 4K that’s why I bought it.

Please provide us the DJI Go APP and the firmware version, any chance to share us a short video for further support?
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ErCl1u4GvGXz Posted at 11-5 12:10
I have the same issue, recently brought Osmo mobile 2 and with tried to Zoom IN/OUT the frames are dropped at 4K, I haven't tired other resolution! Also I have issue in active tracking, the Osmo glitching all over the track without any stability! I have Samsung S9+. There is no option for slow-motion capture as well! its huge disappointment.

Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 2, please try other resolutions to see if the frames drop in every shooting. Zoom sensitivity can be adjusted in the settings, please try to adjust it to see if it helps.
For the Active Tracking, may I know if you have disabled the Portrait Orientation Lock in your phone?
The Slow-Motion feature is not available for Android mobile device because of the limitation of the Android mobile device, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_CrdmnFz9c2bD
New

India

I have same problem. I am using OnePlus 5T. Really disappointing..
2019-1-16
Use props
Noelma
New
Ireland

djiuser_CrdmnFz9c2bD Posted at 1-16 20:45
I have same problem. I am using OnePlus 5T. Really disappointing..

Hi All!
Similar problem.  I have:
iPhon 6S - running iOS 12.0.1
DJI GO App - 3.1.47 (2951)
Osmo Mobile 2 - not sure what firmware, but not getting any notice that it needs upgrading.  Purchased December 2018.
Returned from trip, and found video to be jerky and skipping frames when panning - no zoom.  Shooting at 1280x720 30fps.
However, now I am at home and cannot replicate the issue.  When I test, all seems well.
I wonder if I had Osmo Mobile instead of Osmo Mobile 2 selected in the app?
Curious!
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules