Broken... what part do I need to replace?
1840 10 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

I haven't disassembled the AC yet.  This tab provides a stop for the left rear motor arm.  Its fractured and doesn't provide a firm stop.  What part am I look for?

20180424_212334 (Small).jpg
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue, it is not recommended to disassemble the drone yourself, please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnoisis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-4-24
Use props
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

I'm adventuresome. and generally capable for this sort of work.  I also accept responsibility for my mistakes.  So what part am I looking for?
2018-4-24
Use props
qenddrimgashi
lvl.1

Kosovo

I'm sorry to hear this problem. I think you should go to dji website and they will help you
2018-4-26
Use props
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks folks.  A new rear arm is on order.  I'll reply after the fix.  I'll also look at how this might be beefed up.
2018-4-26
Use props
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

Replacement arm went in smoothly.  Back up and running.  This "shoulder" plastic piece looks like the weak link.  It a small plastic piece that surrounds the hinge of the arm and breaks easily on a crash.
2018-4-29
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had a very small crack in this piece. I superglued it aswell and had no problems, its very solid again
2018-4-29
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And i read somewhere that you can even fly without , that this shoulder is not the part which stops the arm from getting up. The armspring will not go up further anyway
2018-4-29
Use props
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

On mine the arm could be rotate further up.  No firm, solid stop.  I think this resulted in the AC flying a little cockeyed and my pictures had a couple degree tilt to them.
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

cjnaz Posted at 2018-4-26 09:06
Thanks folks.  A new rear arm is on order.  I'll reply after the fix.  I'll also look at how this might be beefed up.

I'll reply after the fix.  

Please do.  Be interested in how hard it was, special tools, and if any problems flying afterwards.

Updated: I missed this post --- Replacement arm went in smoothly.  Back up and running.

2018-5-2
Use props
cjnaz
lvl.1
United States

Easy enough if you can open a phone and solder.  Biggest problem was trying to get the two case clips in the front to release.  YouTube has all the clues.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules