2850 36 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Gimbal calibration on Osmo RAW is not working with the newest Android-version of DJI Go 3.1.30.

I have tried it with my Crystalsky 7.85 UB and with an android-phone.
With both devices I get the message "Automatic calibration is not supported when the phone is vertical".

The only way to calibrate the gimbal is to link it to a iOS-device.

Please fix this, DJI!
Thanks!

2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Martin, thanks for your feedback, I tried CrystalSky and I got the same error message, this issue has been reported to our engineers for further assistance, I will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-26
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Mindy,

thank you! I will wait patiently and use my iPhone to calibrate the Osmo Raw in the meantime.

2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-4-26 21:30
Hi Mindy,

thank you! I will wait patiently and use my iPhone to calibrate the Osmo Raw in the meantime.

Thanks for your understanding, we will keep you updated.
2018-4-27
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-27 23:34
Thanks for your understanding, we will keep you updated.

Hi Mindy,

have you already got some news about an update for DJI Go on Crystalsky? It is a bit annoying to be forced to connect an iOS device to calibrate the Osmo RAW.

Thanks for your answer!
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-5-3 23:06
Hi Mindy,

have you already got some news about an update for DJI Go on Crystalsky? It is a bit annoying to be forced to connect an iOS device to calibrate the Osmo RAW.

Sorry to have kept you waiting, our development department has been aware of this issue and will get it addressed soon, gimbal doesn't need to be kept calibrating unless the gimbal doesn't work great or the APP suggested. Our engineers are working on it, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-4
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

感谢楼主反馈,您的问题已经分析确认,后续会尽快解决,谢谢!
2018-5-8
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 00:54
Sorry to have kept you waiting, our development department has been aware of this issue and will get it addressed soon, gimbal doesn't need to be kept calibrating unless the gimbal doesn't work great or the APP suggested. Our engineers are working on it, appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy,

after the latest update of DJI Go for Android it is possible to calibrate the gimbal.
BUT it is still not possible to do so with the Crystalsky.
I am swapping the X5R from the Osmo handle to the Inspire quite often and it is necessary to calibrate the gimbal regularly, otherwise it is drifting or losing horizon.
Can you tell me when there will be an update for the Crystalsky's DJI Go which will fix this issue?

Regards, Martin
2018-5-20
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Double post
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-5-20 01:18
Hi Mindy,

after the latest update of DJI Go for Android it is possible to calibrate the gimbal.

Glad to know the new Android APP has figured out the issue, the APP in the CrystalSky will be a little late than the APP in the mobile device, but our engineer will update it as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.
2018-5-21
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 07:26
Glad to know the new Android APP has figured out the issue, the APP in the CrystalSky will be a little late than the APP in the mobile device, but our engineer will update it as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.

Hi Mindy, thank you for your answer. At the moment I am in no hurry, because my Crystalsky's backlight died yesterday and I have no idea, how long the repair/replacement-process is going to last.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-5-21 10:13
Hi Mindy, thank you for your answer. At the moment I am in no hurry, because my Crystalsky's backlight died yesterday and I have no idea, how long the repair/replacement-process is going to last.

It is so regretful to hear that, the CrystalSky will need to be sent in for repair/replacement service, the repair time frame is different in different regions, but the whole frame has been much improvided, please send in at your most convenience, you can always come back to us if you need any assistance, we will do our best to assist.
2018-5-22
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-5-20 01:18
Hi Mindy,

I just purchased an OSMO Pro and am running into the same issue with my CrystalSky.

Any update as to when the CrystalSky will be updated to allow the calibration?

2018-7-17
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-22 00:26
It is so regretful to hear that, the CrystalSky will need to be sent in for repair/replacement service, the repair time frame is different in different regions, but the whole frame has been much improvided, please send in at your most convenience, you can always come back to us if you need any assistance, we will do our best to assist.

Hi Mindy,

my Crystalsky is back, and updated to the latest firmware, but the issue still persists. Gimbal calibration is not possible.
Can you fix this as soon as possible, please?

Regards, Martin
2018-7-20
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I'm hoping this will be available soon as well. . .
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-7-20 04:36
Hi Mindy,

my Crystalsky is back, and updated to the latest firmware, but the issue still persists. Gimbal calibration is not possible.

Martin, may I have your current DJI Go version in your CrystalSky?
2018-7-23
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-23 01:52

Hi Mindy,

I am using DJI Go 3.1.38
2018-7-23
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-23 01:52

Hi Mindy,

are there any news about this issue?

Regards,
Martin
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-7-30 10:08
Hi Mindy,

are there any news about this issue?

Hi Martin, sorry for my late response and your previous post was missed for the unknown reason, the APP in the CrystalSky cannot calibrate the gimbal at the moment, we will forward this issue to the developing team for attention again, please calibrate the gimbal via the iOS mobile device if needed.
2018-8-2
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-2 01:01
Hi Martin, sorry for my late response and your previous post was missed for the unknown reason, the APP in the CrystalSky cannot calibrate the gimbal at the moment, we will forward this issue to the developing team for attention again, please calibrate the gimbal via the iOS mobile device if needed.

Hi Mindy,

are there any news about this issue? I'm waiting for the possibility to calibrate the Osmo RAW's gimbal with the Crystalsky really long....

Regards, Martin
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-9-3 11:06
Hi Mindy,

are there any news about this issue? I'm waiting for the possibility to calibrate the Osmo RAW's gimbal with the Crystalsky really long....

Hi Martin, the app in CrystalSky is estimated to be updated this month if everything goes smoothly, please wait for a few more days. Thank you.
2018-9-4
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-4 01:55
Hi Martin, the app in CrystalSky is estimated to be updated this month if everything goes smoothly, please wait for a few more days. Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

September is almost over, are there any news about an update for the CrystalSky/Go App to fix the missing gimbal calibration?

Regards, Martin
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-9-28 00:29
Hi Mindy,

September is almost over, are there any news about an update for the CrystalSky/Go App to fix the missing gimbal calibration?

Martin, sorry, I haven't received the update from our engineers, it seems delayed, I will push them again.
2018-9-28
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-28 03:01
Martin, sorry, I haven't received the update from our engineers, it seems delayed, I will push them again.

Hi  Mindy,

has your pushing been successful? Any news on the CS-Update, so that we are able to calibrate the Osmo RAW gimbal with the Crystalsky?
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-10-10 11:12
Hi  Mindy,

has your pushing been successful? Any news on the CS-Update, so that we are able to calibrate the Osmo RAW gimbal with the Crystalsky?

Yes, I have pushed our engineers, but still no update yet, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-12
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 04:48
Yes, I have pushed our engineers, but still no update yet, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy, one more month is gone, and I still have to disconnect my Crystalsky and connect the Osmo RAW to my iPhone to calibrate the gimbal.
We are waiting for that feature to be available again on Crystalsky for how long? 5 months? 6 months? It's completely ridiculous, that DJI is not willing to provide "Pro"-users with working equipment.
The hardware would be really great for producing high quality videos, but each firmware update brings some negative surprises and it takes months until they get fixed again (if they get fixed).
It's a pitty...
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-10-28 10:15
Hi Mindy, one more month is gone, and I still have to disconnect my Crystalsky and connect the Osmo RAW to my iPhone to calibrate the gimbal.
We are waiting for that feature to be available again on Crystalsky for how long? 5 months? 6 months? It's completely ridiculous, that DJI is not willing to provide "Pro"-users with working equipment.
The hardware would be really great for producing high quality videos, but each firmware update brings some negative surprises and it takes months until they get fixed again (if they get fixed).

Sorry again for your frustration and the trouble caused, I have pushed our engineers several times but still don't have the estimated release time, but I will keep pushing.
2018-10-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-10-28 10:15
Hi Mindy, one more month is gone, and I still have to disconnect my Crystalsky and connect the Osmo RAW to my iPhone to calibrate the gimbal.
We are waiting for that feature to be available again on Crystalsky for how long? 5 months? 6 months? It's completely ridiculous, that DJI is not willing to provide "Pro"-users with working equipment.

Hey Martin... You've been a real patient customer!  It's obvious that -even with Mindy's efforts- you're not getting satisfaction.  Not to mention this thread has become an advert for NOT buying a CS (after seeing how long it takes to get a built in feature fixed)...
I think it's time to elevate this problem to a Case.   Give a go to the online Chat and have a link to this thread ready to add.  
FWIW, your pain is being followed/watched by 400+ people!
2018-10-30
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-30 04:43
Sorry again for your frustration and the trouble caused, I have pushed our engineers several times but still don't have the estimated release time, but I will keep pushing.

Hi Mindy, thank you for your effort. I hope it will be effective soon...
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 10-31 09:35
Hi Mindy, thank you for your effort. I hope it will be effective soon...

I also hope so, thanks for your patience.
2018-11-2
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-2 23:17
I also hope so, thanks for your patience.

Hi Mindy, I'm really disappointed at the moment: DJI has updated ALL of the apps (Go iOS, Go4 iOS, Go Android, Go4 Android, Go4 Crystalsky) in the last weeks, but the update for Go App for Crystalsky is still missing.
But this version is the only one to use the Crystalsky with your professional camera for ground filming, the OSMO Pro and RAW. And it is completely unprofessional to have to disconnect the Osmo from the Crystalsky, restart it with activated WiFi, connect it tho my iPhone and then calibrate the gimbal.
It's so ridiculous that DJI is not able or willing to fix this bug, that exists since nearly 7 months!
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 11-16 13:08
Hi Mindy, I'm really disappointed at the moment: DJI has updated ALL of the apps (Go iOS, Go4 iOS, Go Android, Go4 Android, Go4 Crystalsky) in the last weeks, but the update for Go App for Crystalsky is still missing.
But this version is the only one to use the Crystalsky with your professional camera for ground filming, the OSMO Pro and RAW. And it is completely unprofessional to have to disconnect the Osmo from the Crystalsky, restart it with activated WiFi, connect it tho my iPhone and then calibrate the gimbal.
It's so ridiculous that DJI is not able or willing to fix this bug, that exists since nearly 7 months!

Sir, I'm totally with you on this issue, but to be honest, the gimbal only needs to be calibrated when there is anything wrong with the gimbal, we can calibrate it via the iOS mobile device when anything happens, I understand this is not appropriate for the manufacturer to optimize an issue for such a long time, but it was delayed for some reasons. I will keep pushing our engineers to optimize it.
2018-11-19
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 04:59
Sir, I'm totally with you on this issue, but to be honest, the gimbal only needs to be calibrated when there is anything wrong with the gimbal, we can calibrate it via the iOS mobile device when anything happens, I understand this is not appropriate for the manufacturer to optimize an issue for such a long time, but it was delayed for some reasons. I will keep pushing our engineers to optimize it.

Hi Mindy,

I do swap the X5R from the Osmo to the Inspire very often, and if I do not calibrate it regelarly (on both devices) it starts drifting and loses horizon. So I do have to calibrate it quite often.

But: I already have told you that 5 or 6 months ago, and you keep ignoring it.
I guess that I am not the only one who uses the X5R on both the Osmo and the Inspire, and you do force us to use the X5R with an Android device when mounted to the Osmo.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 11-19 10:46
Hi Mindy,

I do swap the X5R from the Osmo to the Inspire very often, and if I do not calibrate it regelarly (on both devices) it starts drifting and loses horizon. So I do have to calibrate it quite often.

Yes, you mentioned this, I will forward your frustration again to our engineers.
2018-11-20
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-20 04:26
Yes, you mentioned this, I will forward your frustration again to our engineers.

Hi Mindy,

new year, new try: are there any news on this topic?
DJI is launching one new product after the other, but seems not to be interested very much in solving problems with their existing products...
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

martinfueloep Posted at 1-9 12:49
Hi Mindy,

new year, new try: are there any news on this topic?

Not yet, I haven't got the update from our engineers, I'm so sorry.
2019-1-11
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Mindy,

good news: there is an update available for the Crystalsky's Go App (v. 3.1.50) aaaaand: gimbal calibration is now possible!

It was a long way, but: thank you for forwarding my request!
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules