Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Boxes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Do you keep your boxes your drones come in or do you get rid of all the packaging? Are drones worth more second hand with the boxes?
2018-4-25
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Keep the boxes if you've got space - they come in useful for using to return the aircraft to DJI for repairs...   No need to worry about finding suitable packaging.
2018-4-25
Use props
Amateur Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I was looking for a used P3S, and I would only look at the ones that had the original package/box, so I would say yes keep the box and everything you can.
It also saves you looking for a method/box to send back for repairs (if under warranty), like HazzyD stated.
2018-4-25
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I am keeping my boxes for all kind of stuff, guess all in all i could fill a room with all the package stuff put away here and there ...

2018-4-25
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Agree boxing indicates someone cared enough to take care of the bird and it may come in handy for shipping back if need be.
2018-4-25
Use props
Kevin Halle
Captain
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep the boxes for everything!
2018-4-25
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I also have a shed full of boxes.  I still have the boxes for my Phantoms, my metal detectors, my cameras, and even my garbage disposal.  It is starting to be a problem!  I'm going to need another shed before long!
2018-4-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Yep i agree keep the box you never know when you will have to send it in for repairs lol
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Agree with the opinions above. And I myself keep my boxes, too.
2018-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Boxes can be flattened out, so they take up far less storage space.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-25
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Thanks for those views everyone. Like many I have almost a loft full of boxes for phantoms and even power macs. My kids will have a great bonfire when I peg out!
2018-4-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-25 19:44
Boxes can be flattened out, so they take up far less storage space.

Funny you mentioned that, was just wondering what is really the worst. The packages you can't collapse and fold due to strange polystyrene foam protections or the packages you actually was able to collapse and fold in order to save it in another that again is saved in another just to never be found again when needed ....
2018-4-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-26 02:16
Funny you mentioned that, was just wondering what is really the worst. The packages you can't collapse and fold due to strange polystyrene foam protections or the packages you actually was able to collapse and fold in order to save it in another that again is saved in another just to never be found again when needed ....

That foam could be discarded. Alterior padding could always be found later.
Even crumpled paper works great as a buffer, to rough handling.

I never do the Russian stacking dolls with my boxes, but simply stack them on a pile, in a neat corner.
Some boxes do get thrown out, but for some reason I saved my Phantom 3 container, intact. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-4-26
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd keep it for all the reasons above but I think it would help the re-sale value if you ever sell it.
2018-4-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-27 15:28
I'd keep it for all the reasons above but I think it would help the re-sale value if you ever sell it.

The red plastic handle of mine finally broke free...

So I bought the DJI branded hardshell backpack. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-27
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-27 16:28
The red plastic handle of mine finally broke free...

So I bought the DJI branded hardshell backpack. ;-)

I bought my P4P used and the original owner never used the box and bought a Lowpro backpack which is really nice. So my box is brand new.
2018-4-27
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>

Someone on the forum reinforced the original foam box and used it to transport their P, whatever model it was,  around. So an alternative for you.
2018-4-28
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

I always look for boxes when I buy secondhand. As has been mentioned above, it tends to indicate that the previous owner has been thoughtful about the aircraft at least.
2018-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

djordan2 Posted at 2018-4-25 18:32
I also have a shed full of boxes.  I still have the boxes for my Phantoms, my metal detectors, my cameras, and even my garbage disposal.  It is starting to be a problem!  I'm going to need another shed before long!

I've got two sheds, but it doesn't work, the second just fills up as well

High risk or high value items like the drones I keep packaging, all else I chuck out after a couple of years.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-27 17:01
I bought my P4P used and the original owner never used the box and bought a Lowpro backpack which is really nice. So my box is brand new.

That's a nice touch, for you. Good buy for sure.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I keep all the boxes as it makes the drone look more presentable for when I decide to sell it.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-28 05:45
I keep all the boxes as it makes the drone look more presentable for when I decide to sell it.

Best protection for shipping as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 05:48
Best protection for shipping as well. ;-)

Definitely - whether it's back to DJI for replacement or to the new owner.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-28 05:49
Definitely - whether it's back to DJI for replacement or to the new owner.

Yes, some posties are a little tough n rough on the parcels. ;-)

The more security the better.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

yes i do keep some of the boxes,lik the phantom. cant keep them all too many.some are kept till i know i wont be sending it back. keep on safe flying.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Keeping all boxes would be difficult. Unless you have a garage. ;-)

Attics are great for boxes and other junk...

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 05:52
Yes, some posties are a little tough n rough on the parcels. ;-)

Yeah, UK mail delivered my MPP via Jessops here in London and the outer box it was posted in was ripped down one side - thankfully the drone was perfect and the Mavic box was still sealed and no damage. I've kept that one!
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-28 05:55
Yeah, UK mail delivered my MPP via Jessops here in London and the outer box it was posted in was ripped down one side - thankfully the drone was perfect and the Mavic box was still sealed. I've kept that one!

If I ever get a box that has been mishandled, a complaint will be filed.

Both to the sender and the delivery handlers. That's not acceptable business.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 05:55
Keeping all boxes would be difficult. Unless you have a garage. ;-)

Attics are great for boxes and other junk...

Attics are useful, but mine is full. Christmas and boxes eerywhere.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

embayweather Posted at 2018-4-28 05:57
Attics are useful, but mine is full. Christmas and boxes eerywhere.

Are one of them happy Christmas neighbors, that cover your house and yard with delightfully festive decorations, and frills.

What you need now is a dimmer switch. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 05:57
If I ever get a box that has been mishandled, a complaint will be filed.

Both to the sender and the delivery handlers. That's not acceptable business.

I complained and took photos - got a free SanDisk 32gb Micro SD card with an adaptor LOL! I would have returned the drone for a full refund if the Mavic box was damaged, unsealed or tampered with for sure bit it was just the brown outer box everything was packaged in.
Jessops are a great official supplier of DJI products here in the UK but after that I will never buy on line from them again (or any company that uses UK Mail) - they also took 3 days to deliver on next day delivery and there is nobody to call... Terrible service. Glad DJI themselves use DPD here who are very efficient!
2018-4-28
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

No, our neighbours are, well, erm, not nice. WE cover our front garden with light, and the front of the house and the garage and well, you get the idea. Seven kids and nine grandkids, its got to be done hasn't it.
2018-4-28
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 05:38
That's a nice touch, for you. Good buy for sure.

Yes it was. It was the first time I felt like I got a good deal. Sometimes you leave a sale wondering how much you actually saved.
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-28 06:02
I complained and took photos - got a free SanDisk 32gb Micro SD card with an adaptor LOL! I would have returned the drone for a full refund if the Mavic box was damaged, unsealed or tampered with for sure bit it was just the brown outer box everything was packaged in.
Jessops are a great official supplier of DJI products here in the UK but after that I will never buy on line from them again (or any company that uses UK Mail) - they also took 3 days to deliver on next day delivery and there is nobody to call... Terrible service. Glad DJI themselves use DPD here who are very efficient!

Nice gift of the sd card. Hope they do better in the future. ;-)

The shippers and delivery drivers should be held accountable.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

embayweather Posted at 2018-4-28 06:02
No, our neighbours are, well, erm, not nice. WE cover our front garden with light, and the front of the house and the garage and well, you get the idea. Seven kids and nine grandkids, its got to be done hasn't it.

Well congrats on all those off spring. It must be nice for your holidays and birthdays...

We have a place in the city called Candy Cane Lane where all the houses are decorated spectacularly.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-28 07:24
Yes it was. It was the first time I felt like I got a good deal. Sometimes you leave a sale wondering how much you actually saved.

That was a bargain, buddy. Really did your shopping that time. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-28 07:51
Nice gift of the sd card. Hope they do better in the future. ;-)

For sure! I watched them drive past my house the two previous nights and I only got my drone on the third night as I waited outside and cornered the driver who was making another delivery close by. You can't write it mate - unbelievable!
2018-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-28 08:39
For sure! I watched them drive past my house the two previous nights and I only got my drone on the third night as I waited outside and cornered the driver who was making another delivery close by. You can't write it mate - unbelievable!

I have the same girl deliver my medicinal herb, and she's a doll, but I always razz her about the bad reputation that some courier delivery drivers have caused.

It reminds me of a few incedents that drone pilots pulled, that caused major interruption in our regular rc fun. For a while, every day in the news there was another negative drone story, telling about some dumb assed piloting move.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-29
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Are you going to mention the fiasco with the FBI RHP? Apparently a number of criminals flew drones to stop them tracking and apprehending one of their friends.  I wonder if they all had their 107?
2018-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Original package definitely increases resale value.
I keep mine.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules