Inspire 1 V2.0 dual remote issues
557 3 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GAHeath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1067717 ft
United States

I have a DJI refurbished Inspire 1 V2.0 that came with the 'C' model remote.  I purchased a new 'C' model remote to go with it and attempted to links it as the slave after updating it's firmware.  With both remotes and the AC on the latest firmware neither remote would see the other.  After linking the new remote to the AC the old remote could be set as slave and see the new remote, but the old remote does not appear in the list of slave remotes.  Upon requesting gimbal control on the old remote the request will time out.  I have swapped iPads between the remotes as well as tried different cables on both devices with no change.  If I link the AC to the old remote then neither remote will see the other, So my question is what can I be doing wrong?

2018-4-25
Use props
GAHeath
lvl.1
United States

More info:
Aircraft Firmware: 1.11.01.50+
RC 1 firmware: 1.7.80
RC 2 firmware: 1.7.80
Camera firmware: 1.11.01.50+
IOS App version(s): 3.1.31

RC1 came with the aircraft and RC2 is a brand new unit.  Both RCs are model #GL658C
2018-4-25
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

GAHeath Posted at 2018-4-25 19:47
More info:
Aircraft Firmware: 1.11.01.50+
RC 1 firmware: 1.7.80

GA,
The two RCs communicate with each other for Master/Slave operations via 5.8GHz using the right  white blade antenna on the RC (inner part of the blade facing you) as you are holding the RC when flying. Here's a previous post about the antenna -> Click this link to view the previous post about Inspire 1 Master Slave communication....
So, just to rule out simple things, double check that your antenna are vertical and that there is clear line of sight between the two unit's right antenna (right as you are holding the RC while flying).
2018-5-2
Use props
GAHeath
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-5-2 10:38
GA,
The two RCs communicate with each other for Master/Slave operations via 5.8GHz using the right  white blade antenna on the RC (inner part of the blade facing you) as you are holding the RC when flying. Here's a previous post about the antenna -> Click this link to view the previous post about Inspire 1 Master Slave communication....
So, just to rule out simple things, double check that your antenna are vertical and that there is clear line of sight between the two unit's right antenna (right as you are holding the RC while flying).

I have been away from the remote that came with the bird for a little time (work and other issues).  The remote that came with the inspire will have to go back to DJI.  In the IOS app where you can call up the remote's serial number it displays N/A rather than the serial number so there is an issue inside the remote.  When I get back to the remote I plan to look into the issue a little further but currently I can do little as I do not have access to it.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules