Big Heads and getting Goggles to fit
1541 6 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a set of goggles but I have a freakishly large head and am concerned they wont fit (very few hats do)  Can anyone tell me the size of the headband at it's widest fitting, basically my head is 62cm 24 1/2 " around so if it's any smaller than that I'll have to think again.
2018-4-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Just measured my goggles band, and I make it just over 25 inches fully open (internal measure of band). So you might be in luck.

I would wait for somebody else to confirm in case I've erred
2018-4-25
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i get 18ch side to side and 23cm front to back (foam edge to foam edge) you may be able to squeeze another 5mm from the rubber. remember that the goggles do not sit ontop of your head like a halo but rather the back side is positioned lower than half way down your head - this might increase your head size requirement
2018-4-25
Use props
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>

Much obliged to you both for the help
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Culp, in the folded status, the headband dimension is about 255x205x92mm. See if this helps.
2018-4-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Culp Posted at 2018-4-25 23:33
Much obliged to you both for the help

Aloha Culp,

Great question!  I forgot all about that when I ordered my Goggles.  I lucked out since I am able to still tighten the band slightly around my head.

I can fully confirm Aardvark's 25 inches (internal measure of the band).  The Goggles were a little heavier that I thought they would be and at first I had a bit of a problem getting them to stay on my head.  Now, they are no problem for me to walk around with on my head (with the lens assembly in the up position of course).

The inside of the band is fairly well padded and over time it may compress but the band dial will allow you to tighten them.  Be very careful with getting the band padding greasy from hair.  The band holds the batteries so you cannot get them wet or at least too wet.  I wear a stocking cap and put the Goggles on over it for protection.  I do not want to have a great pair of Goggles that stink from rancid hair oils and sweat.  Be sure to read the cleaning instructions!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-27
Use props
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Everyone!
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced