Using DJI for short distance delivery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amirf12001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24098 ft
Australia

I developed a concept app for using Phantom 3 or 4 (or others if working) to make short distance lightweight deliveries. The app flies from your location to the coordinates you provide from Google Map and hovers around the delvery point for 10 seconds and then comes back to home point (or you could choose to land at delivery point).Please use it wit caustion and make sure you know where your delivery point is and you have enough battery to get there. I suggest trial for 10m distance first to get the hang of it.
The next stage is to connect an automatic release lock so the delivery can drop there (possibly GPS comtrolled lock).

Android only app:

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .jorc.amirdeliveroo

Let me know any suggestion or anyone like to collaborate on the project.

2018-4-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

CASA does not allow autonomous flight of that nature. Anyone using the app will be in contravention of CASA rules, the same in almost every other country. Why do you think Amazon have not been able to get their delivery system up and going?

2018-4-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-25 15:41
CASA does not allow autonomous flight of that nature. Anyone using the app will be in contravention of CASA rules, the same in almost every other country. Why do you think Amazon have not been able to get their delivery system up and going?

There are already other apps that allow this. There are licences you can get to be able to do this.
2018-4-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-4-25 15:58
There are already other apps that allow this. There are licences you can get to be able to do this.

No there are not, why do you think monster companies like Amazon have not been able to get their drone delivery projects off the ground? All aviation regulatory authorities hate the idea of autonomous flight, because they expect a human to be in control at all times. The Phantom range of aircraft do not have the safety features and sensing systems to be able to fly over populated areas safely.
2018-4-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-25 16:15
No there are not, why do you think monster companies like Amazon have not been able to get their drone delivery projects off the ground? All aviation regulatory authorities hate the idea of autonomous flight, because they expect a human to be in control at all times. The Phantom range of aircraft do not have the safety features and sensing systems to be able to fly over populated areas safely.

i know one company that are getting licence for autonomous flight. This might be outside populated areas. They will be working for government as well. Meanwhile you can test the app outside the city until legislation come through.
2018-4-25
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Why test an app that cannot be used here?
The law in many countries is quite clear on this subject.
Personally by the time the drone was setup and programmed then deliver the object it probably could have been done in half the time on a push bike
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-4-25 16:28
i know one company that are getting licence for autonomous flight. This might be outside populated areas. They will be working for government as well. Meanwhile you can test the app outside the city until legislation come through.

Breaking the law is breaking the law.
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-4-25 16:28
i know one company that are getting licence for autonomous flight. This might be outside populated areas. They will be working for government as well. Meanwhile you can test the app outside the city until legislation come through.

Breaking the law is breaking the law.
2018-4-25
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

US FAA requires VLOS, technically, because of that restriction it does not sound like you can use that app in the states either.  Also, the P4P does not have more than about a 2 pound payload capability (not much) and depending on how it is carried it can cause a lot of stability issues that can result in a crash.

FYI - the state of NY has established a "drone" corridor that is about 75 miles long for R & D, and it is being used for testing things like this.  However, you still need FAA waivers for this and even the autonomous drones must be monitored by some means in order to establish override control in case there are problems.  I believe other states are looking to establish similar areas for testing research purposes too.
2018-4-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

There is no reason that the testing can be carried out in the line of sight until all the approvals and laws come through. Autonomous cars are not allowed anywhere but it doesn't mean it is not tested or researched!
Not interested in comments from 100 yo like minded. Please stop lecturing about laws if you are not a lawyer!!!
2018-4-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Now what all these stupid people tell about this drone that can pick up 7kg and flies 2500km! By your logic these guys are atupid to waste their time makiking this.
http://www.skyeton.com

2018-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-25 14:44
Now what all these stupid people tell about this drone that can pick up 7kg and flies 2500km! By your logic these guys are atupid to waste their time makiking this.
http://www.skyeton.com

Wow, where do I start. First of all, nothing in that promo says they have approval from ANY aviation regulatory body to fly that aircraft. It is not a copter. It is not flying in urban airspace. It has no ability to detect or get out of the way of manned aircraft. I could go on, but what is the point?
2018-5-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Ok where do I start, i didnt say i have approval from ANY aviation authority. I didnt say fly it in dangerous areas. I didnt say it ia not a coptor. Lastly, thid app is developed for people wirj minimun iq. So stop trolling my post if you just make assumption that this app can be used illegally!
2018-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-25 19:01
Ok where do I start, i didnt say i have approval from ANY aviation authority. I didnt say fly it in dangerous areas. I didnt say it ia not a coptor. Lastly, thid app is developed for people wirj minimun iq. So stop trolling my post if you just make assumption that this app can be used illegally!

I'm not trolling, I have been here for far longer than you. And I know the regulations pretty well. I am trying to tell you and anyone else who cares that you cannot legally do what you wrote the app for.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules