Gimbal overload due to wind velocity warning?
2335 14 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Iceland

Hello,

Can anyone help me out? I’m in Iceland and on 2 occasions my gimbal started wobbling during the flight.

Is it possible that a wind gust can hurt the camera gimbal?

The first time it worked with a reset. But this time it won’t work. The gimbal won’t calibrate when the Mavic Pro is launched...

I’ve checked my UAV forecast and the wind is okay to fly, but time to time you get a gust out of no where.

How can I do a hard reset for the gimbal? Auto calibration won’t even run...thanks for getting back at me with any kind of help to debug.

Same problem occurred twice. First time it fixed by itself but now the second time.
2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

2018-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Is there any filter on it? Have you used reset camera in settings?
2018-4-25
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Check the gimbal rubber mounts are attached and the plate is located under the tab .  
Gimbal mount
2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

I will try reset now. I removed the filter but it didn’t work earlier.

What’s the plate you’re talking about? I have to make sure it’s attached?
2018-4-25
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Gimbal Plate - explaining video.

2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

Nope the reset camera settings didn’t work :/ it gets stuck like this when it’s off and points upwards or downwards when it’s on. It does the bogus calibration up down but not left right when it’s turned on. I try to do gimbal auto calibration and it’s stuck at 5%.
image.jpg
2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

I’m already under the L shape bracket, also it wasn’t a crash, the problem occurred mid air. The first thing it fixed it self after 2 turn ons. But now it’s just permenant
2018-4-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Iceland

In my overall status at the end it says 3 things and it repeats:
1. Restarting
2. Normal
*restarts, does 2 movements and blocks.
3. Gimbal obstructed message

Ahhhh I got this drone for my iceland trip! Bought it 2 weeks ago! What could possibly be wrong?
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Slimharry, have you tried to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? If still no helps, I'm sorry that you may have to start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-26
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

My drone is being repaired for free (under warranty). I guess damaged assessment indicated it was manufactor defect. Can't wait to get it back!!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks DJI for the repair under warranty. Everything went really well and took 4 weeks overall process. I found the shipment really long, 10+ business days. IF not the repair was really quick and shipped out rapidly.

I am wondering if i should get the DJI care refresh for the mavic pro...It really sucked having the drone away for 1 entire month. Is it worth investing?
2018-5-30
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

happy for you, get it back promptly so you can get back to flying.
2018-6-4
Use props
D-Rock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350167 ft
United States

It guys can anybody help me out I took my drone out when it was windy one time and all of a sudden the Gimble was going crazy going up-and-down by itself without me  Controlling it I lost all connection to the Gimble it was so hard to even fly at home because the gamble kept going up-and-down on its Own. Moving forward I brought it back down checked the Gimble put it backup and it worked good,but then a couple days later when it wasn't windy at all I was having that issue again can anybody help me so I can fix this issue?where you lose all control to the gimble where you can't move it at all its Very frustrating because I did nothing to cause this issue Like I said I took it out on a pretty windy day once I was having the issue I brought it back home and to this day cant ever put it up and it fly without any issue.
2022-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules