1191 10 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
France

Hi everyone-

I've not posted in over a year. In fact, my last drone flight was July 4th 2017. So I've not updated anything for a long time. I'm wondering if there is a new update available and if I should even update mine. Like I said, the bird have not left the nest since Summer 2017. But I plan to use it a lot this year. It's been a long winter here in MN.

Thanks-
2018-4-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Give it a test run and see if everything works ok first.
2018-4-25
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft

Once you've tested the model, and have found it basically flies as well as it had the last time flown, ask yourself what had you hoped to accomplish after updating to a newer f/w version, and then make your decision accordingly.   : )

Fly safe,
2018-4-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

If you want to read through all threads here and in other forums regarding updates, you can spend days.
It's a tough decision.
You want to check how the Go app has been developed since last summer and if your tablet or phone can still handle it's requirements.

I agree with the others:
Try first flying with what you have. You can always update later.
Downgrading is often a major effort if it works at all...
2018-4-25
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

What is the status of the battery(s)?
Have you charged them and are they showing normal?
If so then the above advice is all good...
2018-4-25
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
France

This summer, I plan to taking a vacation with my family to: Mt Rushmore, Spearhead, Devils Tower. I want to take Drone footage along the way. If the updates includes any restrictions, I'd like to know that before hand. I think a few of these are considered 'National Parks', so I'm sure I won't fly there.

Otherwise, I don't need updates if they are not important.
2018-4-25
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is my motto.   I don't do updates unless absolutely necessary.
2018-4-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If its flying ok then why update just gonna cause you headaches
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The latest firmware of the drone is v1.11.20 and v1.9.2 for the RC. You can check if you need to update, if you need to know the update note, please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Release+Notes_.pdf
2018-4-25
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

I recently began flying a P3A for an agency.   Their P3A had been ‘boxed’ since new, about two years ago.   I unboxed, charged everything and powered up.   Immediately advised to upgrade.   Did some studying here and decided to get it up to date, mainly because of the latest GO app I had to load on a Ipad with the latest IOS.   In my opinion, leaving the drone on older FW when running the latest IOS/GO may lead to compatibility issues.   Just something to think about.   So I updated RC/AC to the latest.   No problems and all is flying fine.   
2018-5-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Blackbeagle Posted at 2018-4-25 13:37
This summer, I plan to taking a vacation with my family to: Mt Rushmore, Spearhead, Devils Tower. I want to take Drone footage along the way. If the updates includes any restrictions, I'd like to know that before hand. I think a few of these are considered 'National Parks', so I'm sure I won't fly there.

Otherwise, I don't need updates if they are not important.

Just a thought .... given the increasing restrictions made by DJI in GO and FW for fly zones .... maybe looking at your list - Don't update anything !!

Nigel
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules