986387 986387 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Where have I gone wrong?
I have converted the log file in text to csv using the converter.
You analysis program is filtering file names as txt and not csv so I am unable to load the file into your software.
Even if I change the .csv to .txt, the warning message says that the file is not csv.
Not sure how to proceed?
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-5-29 06:19
Where have I gone wrong?
I have converted the log file in text to csv using the converter.
You analysis program is filtering file names as txt and not csv so I am unable to load the file into your software.

Hi,

My program will convert a flightrecord txt file into a csv file, so no need to do it yourself!

If you have the converting tool in the same directory as my program than double-click on the txt file in the box , and if not converted yes it will convert, otherwise it will load the corressponding csv file automatically.

Make sense? Hope you understand my not-native-language-logic....

cheers
JJB
2018-5-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-29 06:27
Hi,

My program will convert a flightrecord txt file into a csv file, so no need to do it yourself!

I must have installed incorrectly.
I installed your software into a folder on an external hard drive. Flight log analysis
I put the converter in that same folder.
I created 2 more folders in that main folder Flight log   & CSV

Flight log folder  contains the DJI flight log
After conversion, a CSV file is in the CSV folder
If I double click on the DJI flight log, from your software, I get the message about it not being a CSV
Double clicking the DJI flight log, even a copy in the main folder where your software and converter is just opens notepad.

I copied all the folders mentioned above to the desktop and tried again. same results.

Any advice?
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-5-29 06:50
I must have installed incorrectly.
I installed your software into a folder on an external hard drive. Flight log analysis
I put the converter in that same folder.

If i understand it well, its like this (x = your external drive)

x:\FlightLogAnalyses
x:\FlightLogAnalyses\FlightLog (contains your flightrecord.txt)
x:\FlightLogAnalyses\CSV (if you open txt files via file/open than the converted file is located in the CSV dir)

If you set in my program the path correct for the x:\FlightLogAnalyses\FlightLog than you will see in my program your txt files (no CSV files are shown). Double click will convert it into csv wich is placed in the same directory! and will automatically load that CSV file.

BTA wich FRAP version are you using?
cheers
JJB

2018-5-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

2.8 beta
I did set the 3 paths.
Even renaming to FlightLog.txt makes no difference
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ok, try to shorten your flightrecord directory, the converting tool does not handle long paths...
so bring it closer to the root, i.e. x:\flightrecords. (and no spaces in the path, just to be sure)

cheers JJB
2018-5-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

I have made all changes and now it works.
Thank you for your help and for all your hard work.
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-5-29 07:32
I have made all changes and now it works.
Thank you for your help and for all your hard work.

No problem, enjoy the program!
2018-5-29
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-29 07:33
No problem, enjoy the program!

I installed your program.
Very, very nice.
Thanks for sharing.
2018-5-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hello.

Your program looks quite exciting. Unfortunately, I have a problem that the first "form" goes beyond the width and height of the screen, and there is no scrollbar horizontally and vertically. Unfortunately, the program is a little hard to use then ..........

The following "form" that come all have scroll bars and work normally.

The machine I use is running W10 and has a screen resolution of 1366 * 768.

Can I make you look at the problem once you get time left ?

Regards Leif.
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-29 08:25
Hello.

Your program looks quite exciting. Unfortunately, I have a problem that the first "form" goes beyond the width and height of the screen, and there is no scrollbar horizontally and vertically. Unfortunately, the program is a little hard to use then ..........

Hi Leif,

Its 2018 and a Full HD screen is minimal resolution these days....
So its hard to re-design to a 1366*786 resolution for the main screen.
If you can afford it, do buy a new screen.

But i will have a look what is possible.

cheers
JJB

2018-5-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-29 10:16
Hi Leif,

Thanks for reply.

The outer edge of the "shape" does not exceed more than 10 pixels or less horizontally and vertically. So somehow I suppose there will be an adaptation to the screen resolution. Since you can not see the entire sheet, the scroolbars are missing too.

I suppose I'm far from being the only one using a > 2 year old laptop.

It will be hard to make the resolution higere when the video card in a laptop does not support higher resolution. Then I have to buy a brand new laptop.  

Think about it, greetings Leif.
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-29 10:48
Thanks for reply.

The outer edge of the "shape" does not exceed more than 10 pixels or less horizontally and vertically. So somehow I suppose there will be an adaptation to the screen resolution. Since you can not see the entire sheet, the scroolbars are missing too.

strange only 10 pixels, main screen is 1624 x 984 with indeed scroll bars enabled as i see now.
Never noticed that because my pc got a high resolution.
I will keep it in mind, see what i can do
2018-5-29
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-29 10:48
Thanks for reply.

I use an old Philips 190VW screen as a second screen just for FRAP on my old Lenovo G50.
2018-5-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-29 11:19
strange only 10 pixels, main screen is 1624 x 984 with indeed scroll bars enabled as i see now.
Never noticed that because my pc got a high resolution.
I will keep it in mind, see what i can do

t's a guess as it's not easy to count on a screen. But it is far less than 258 pixels in width and198 in height there is the difference.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

G_Sig Posted at 2018-5-29 11:31
I use an old Philips 190VW screen as a second screen just for FRAP on my old Lenovo G50.

It also does not help when the image is just scaled up if it is a full HD screen. It does not provide more space on the screen than the resolution that the video card can deliver.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-29
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-29 12:35
It also does not help when the image is just scaled up if it is a full HD screen. It does not provide more space on the screen than the resolution that the video card can deliver.

Regards Leif.

This is working on my G 50 Lenovo.

Philips 190 VW
2018-5-29
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-29 10:16
Hi Leif,

I half agree. My external HD monitor works at 1920 x 1080 but the laptop monitor does not scale or allow scrolling. 1366 x 768.  Yes it's 2018 but it would be very nice if you could add scroll bars with zoom +/-. Even in HD, some of the details are lost on a 22' monitor. I'm not complaining - thank you very much for your time & efforts - very grateful.
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 05:24
I half agree. My external HD monitor works at 1920 x 1080 but the laptop monitor does not scale or allow scrolling. 1366 x 768.  Yes it's 2018 but it would be very nice if you could add scroll bars with zoom +/-. Even in HD, some of the details are lost on a 22' monitor. I'm not complaining - thank you very much for your time & efforts - very grateful.

ok, see if i can incorporate scroll bar in the main screen.
Thanks, great that you think my program is usefull.

Buy now with some fine-tuning, soon an update.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-17
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Getting closer after reading all three pages

I have a "Fault reading CSV file"
Then " " is not a valid floating point value "

I have also noted that my decimal separator does not "automatically save on program exit" as it says.
2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-17 06:15
Getting closer after reading all three pages

I have a "Fault reading CSV file"

Keep reading. the thread.
First versions had a regional language problem. Do you have the latest 'posted' version? Double check as it has been fixed.
The *.txt file may not be converted by TxtlogToCSVtool.exe due to directory depth & show an error.
1. Move the *.txt file to  a top level sub-directory & point FRAPS to that directory?
Or
2. Manually load  TxtlogToCSVtool.exe program then load the *.txt & save as *.csv in the allocated FRAPS TXT directory.

2018-6-17
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 06:49
Keep reading. the thread.
First versions had a regional language problem. Do you have the latest 'posted' version? Double check as it has been fixed.
The *.txt file may not be converted by TxtlogToCSVtool.exe due to directory depth & show an error.

Yes
Shallow directory
And manually loaded

still provides the listed errors
2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-17 07:11
Yes
Shallow directory
And manually loaded

Can you share the *.txt file via dropbox?
- Maybe it will help JJB if there is a problem with software?

Possibly  a bad *.txt file or something not agreeing with your computer.

Do you have the latest TXTlogToCSVtool.exe?
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 08:05
Can you share the *.txt file via dropbox?
- Maybe it will help JJB if there is a problem with software?

Hi, ofcourse i can help. Not reading all the posts here, so if there is a question just ask me ; sent a email or pm me or post a msg here to me.

I just noticed that the converter tool has been updated, have not tested that in combination with my program. Will do this ofcourse.

@pmshop, if you give me link to your flightrecord.txt i will check it out.

cheers
JJB

2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-17 08:10
Hi, ofcourse i can help. Not reading all the posts here, so if there is a question just ask me ; sent a email or pm me or post a msg here to me.

I just noticed that the converter tool has been updated, have not tested that in combination with my program. Will do this ofcourse.

https://phantompilots.com/attachments/txtlogtocsvtool-zip.99978/

I also just noticed the most recent update after reading your post. I was referring to the recent previous version before - glad you noticed the update! Thanks again! VERY much appreciated. Your efforts deserve acknowledgement & I'll shout you a meal at the local pub in my home town if you ever visit Melbourne
2018-6-17
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-17 08:10

Sure thing.
This is with all my txt flight records.
I have zipped several together for multiple samples

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AprfPj_G_uQcmqxQxpssPbMzKrMwaw

If the converter tool has been updated, that may be it.

2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 08:55
https://phantompilots.com/attachments/txtlogtocsvtool-zip.99978/

I also just noticed the most recent update after reading your post. I was referring to the recent previous version before - glad you noticed the update! Thanks again! VERY much appreciated. Your efforts deserve acknowledgement & I'll shout you a meal at the local pub in my home town if you ever visit Melbourne

It's the new version of TXTlogToCSVtool.exe causing FRAP to crash.
If I go back to the old TXTlogToCSVtool.exe everything works.
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:44
It's the new version of TXTlogToCSVtool.exe causing FRAP to crash.
If I go back to the old TXTlogToCSVtool.exe everything works.

Hi Sparkz71,

Yes, i just checked that as well. Fix is on the way.

Cheers JJB
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-17 09:19
Sure thing.
This is with all my txt flight records.
I have zipped several together for multiple samples

Hi pmshop, if you use the latest version of the converter tool ; yes. that`s the caus of your 'problem'.
Use the old version, or wait for my update version 3.2 (this week ready)

cheers
JJB
2018-6-17
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Ah, sweet JJB!  Life got in the way and see now you've released your software, absolutely fabulous!  Downloading
2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umlv1i ... SVtool-old.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zbubr ... SVtool-new.zip?dl=0
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-17 10:28
Ah, sweet JJB!  Life got in the way and see now you've released your software, absolutely fabulous!  Downloading

Hiya, yes and this week version 3.2 comes out. Minor bugs repaired and some new features.

The latest version of the converter tool does not work with my program, you will need the older one.
(or wait few days...)

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-17
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Perfect - the old converter works - thank you.

I'll keep an eye out for the new 3.2 release.
2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

pmshop - a few pics from your flight record thanks to JJB & his programming skills & a previous version of the conversion tool.

2018-6-17
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

For those with resolution issues i.e. Screens less than 1080p, could you hook it up to your TV? Most TVs are now 1080p or 4k, your laptop/desktop would need to have HDMI out.
2018-6-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-17 11:15
pmshop - a few pics from your flight record thanks to JJB & his programming skills & a previous version of the conversion tool.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Looks great!
2018-6-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Hi all.
JJB, please do NOT share your code. DJI are also reading these threads & obviously need security to avoid tampering of records to assist with claims. I've noticed recent updates in DJI GO that maybe cracking down on FCC/CE mode & affecting login - flight is limited to 50 x 30 (or similar). Failed login?  I'll test Airplane mode later & see what happens.

The more we talk about cracks/hacks online, DJI listen in the background & adapt the software to make it harder to decipher.  

Loose lips sink ships
2018-6-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Hey JJB , if you could decipher the Spark/RC *.dat files & present the data with your program it would be awesome. Obviously your graphs are flexible for additional data. Maybe you can collaborate the data from 'other' conversion sites/software from  csv/txt/dat formats to assist with the big picture.   Then, compare all data & display the combined signals from all available data from RC, device & AC.

I can decode each individually file with various software, but I can not combine all the logs with one software & produce a single 'result'. I have to cross reference all info manually to achieve results. It's a slow process.

Thanks for your efforts.. any guidance is appreciated very much -  My programming skills are limited to the early '80s - Basic, Turbo Pascal & C or C++..
All the old stuff....

Happy flying mate!
2018-6-18
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-18 21:32
Hi all.
JJB, please do NOT share your code. DJI are also reading these threads & obviously need security to avoid tampering of records to assist with claims. I've noticed recent updates in DJI GO that maybe cracking down on FCC/CE mode & affecting login - flight is limited to 50 x 30 (or similar). Failed login?  I'll test Airplane mode later & see what happens.

Hi,

i never talk about cracks/hacks on DJI software. Just built a program shell using the flightrecord,txt data.
So the original data is not changed in any way, meaning that DJI can use the black box data etc as valid data on wich they make their decisions. My program is meant to give drone flyers more insight what they are doing during their flight. Users happy and DJI happy, less mishaps as users get more knowlegde about flying drones.
Cheers
JJB
2018-6-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-18 22:24
Hi,

i never talk about cracks/hacks on DJI software. Just built a program shell using the flightrecord,txt data.

i Agree 100%. Can you convert the *.dat logs? Ummm...   rather can the conversion tool convert the *.dat files. Time will tell., I guess you are limited to the CVS conversion tool & any other knowledge at the time?

Thanks again. The more we talk about hacks the more DJI will respond  We need an underground forum
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules