Patch antenna ...
3675 8 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

So, to my understanding as for today (April 25/2018) the patch antenna doesn't work properly with Cendence, correct? Well, at least this is my case. I can merely reach 1.5 km distance with my Matrice 200, while 3 km is an aaverage range with standard stick antennas in the same place and time.
2018-4-25
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

Have you upgrade the Cendence to 90 firmware? According to the release note:
Added patch antenna detection. When connected, the Cendence LCD screen will always display “Patch antenna connected.” When disconnected, the LCD will display “Patch antenna not detected” for a short time (approx. 10 seconds). Cendence will emit a sound at the moment of patch antenna connecting and disconnecting.

2018-4-26
Use props
fans3a27f77e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8621595 ft
  • >>>

I'm having the same issues with my patch antennae,  it doesnt say connected.  
2018-4-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Skyp Posted at 2018-4-26 04:50
Have you upgrade the Cendence to 90 firmware? According to the release note:
Added patch antenna detection. When connected, the Cendence LCD screen will always display “Patch antenna connected.” When disconnected, the LCD will display “Patch antenna not detected” for a short time (approx. 10 seconds). Cendence will emit a sound at the moment of patch antenna connecting and disconnecting.

Do you actually understand the issue described in my post? It is rather obvious that Inspire 2 or Matrice 200 can not be controlled without antenna (s) attached to Cendence RC. It doesn't matter which type of antenna is attached, both will work. The performance, however, matter a lot. DJI Patch Antenna should provide significantly better transmission, and even with recent FW update it does NOT. In my case at least ...
2018-4-26
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-26 10:40
Do you actually understand the issue described in my post? It is rather obvious that Inspire 2 or Matrice 200 can not be controlled without antenna (s) attached to Cendence RC. It doesn't matter which type of antenna is attached, both will work. The performance, however, matter a lot. DJI Patch Antenna should provide significantly better transmission, and even with recent FW update it does NOT. In my case at least ...

I think you miss a very important message about the patch antenna. The patch antenna used to have some problem with the firmware, this problem will may the patch antenna to be defected. So what I mean in the previous reply is that to check if your patch antenna work properly. If the patch antenna is good and you use it in the right way, the bird can fly more further away.
2018-4-26
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you all update with the patch antenna connected to .90 ?  if you you should now get a beep and it show in the bottom status bar when connected, if it does not its likely faulty.

Its important to note though you should update with the patch connected.
2018-4-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2018-4-27 23:50
Did you all update with the patch antenna connected to .90 ?  if you you should now get a beep and it show in the bottom status bar when connected, if it does not its likely faulty.

Its important to note though you should update with the patch connected.

Ah, too late ... Cendence updated to 02.00.0090, but without patch antenna plugged in!  Apparently the antenna itself is not updated, although Cendence is recognizing it with mentioned status info. Now what?
2018-4-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

0030 is not the latest cendence firmware
2018-4-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer