3 CrystalSky Ultra Monitors Dead - 100% failure rate
1484 17 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

I just had my 3rd CrystalSky Ultra die while in flight today. My first two died within 30 minutes of use. This one made it almost two full hours!  Today while testing the new firmware update, the screen just went solid black. I cycled the power, but when the unit rebooted, the screen was flashing on and off very quickly and was impossible to use.  After trying a few things, the screen finally stopped flashing, but the right side is permanently dim. This is the same thing that happened to the last two units I had.

I've had this one for 40 days.  Three units purchased, three units failed. Now what?

2018-4-25
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Wow, that seems like supremely bad luck. Are you buying them from the same place?
2018-4-25
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-25 16:32
Wow, that seems like supremely bad luck. Are you buying them from the same place?

Yes, all from the same dealer. However, I've had this one over 30 days so I'm guessing it will have to go back to DJI this time. Hoping someone from DJI can point me in the right direction.
2018-4-25
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-25 16:32

Nothing to do with bad luck unfortunately. Just uber crap DJI quality control
2018-4-26
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my view its simply a case of complete lack of experience of High Brightness LCD.
Increasing the back light is easy, but its not the answer, sadly, it seems that DJI have been sold a pup!
Kind regards
Allan
2018-4-26
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve purchased approximately 15 quads from dji without any issues, except when I tried purchasing the phantom 4 Pro, 3 duds in a row, all had defective gimbals and or IMU calibration issues. Third one went back for a refund. Just plain bad luck so it does happen...
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-25 18:00
Yes, all from the same dealer. However, I've had this one over 30 days so I'm guessing it will have to go back to DJI this time. Hoping someone from DJI can point me in the right direction.

Mister, I'm sorry for your unexpected experience. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support I would recommend you update your case number here so we can follow your case and provide help. Please feel free to contact us when you have doubt in your case. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-26
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-26 04:42
Mister, I'm sorry for your unexpected experience. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support I would recommend you update your case number here so we can follow your case and provide help. Please feel free to contact us when you have doubt in your case. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

Are you able to confirm that the problem has been identified and that this problem will not continue?

I'll get the service ticket opened and will post it here.

2018-4-26
Use props
fans8a073583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just sent my ultra back yesterday for same exact issue , created support ticket , and shipped,,, had about total of 1 1/2 hr use total according to system settings.
and yes i has just updated the firmware just prior, screen completely dark and heated up very quickly then blank.
hopefully will be resolved for a grand
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-26 11:39
Hi Elektra,

Are you able to confirm that the problem has been identified and that this problem will not continue?

Mr.Mister, we are working on it and our engineers pay close attention to this issue recently, if there is further resolution, we will let you know, but currently, please send in at your most convenience, our repair team will help you out, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-4-27
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same thing happened two days ago to me, while flying (CS Ultra). I took it back to the store and they will ship it to DJI. I had tens of hours of usage on this one. I wonder if it's a problem with software
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think something is up with the 7.85 Crystal Sky. If you go to DJI's store there is no ordering or pricing available. The only unit that you can order is the 5.5" I have the 5.5 and have not had any issues with it at all. From your description and the availability I would venture to say that there is a display issue.
2018-4-29
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-27 00:07
Mr.Mister, we are working on it and our engineers pay close attention to this issue recently, if there is further resolution, we will let you know, but currently, please send in at your most convenience, our repair team will help you out, sorry again for the trouble caused.

DJI Mindy,

My case number is [Removed for privacy].  It has been sent in for repair/replacement. I'm hoping you now have the problem figured out and when I get my new unit, I don't have this problem. As you know, this is the third one I have replaced. I had to purchase a new iPad as a backup while this is in for repair.

Thank you
2018-5-6
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Yesterday, <e have had our first hot day (27°C) and my crystalsky ultra's screen started to blink and stopped.
Today it was 20°C and no problem. I think I will have many problem this summer
2018-5-7
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

Here in Arizona, it's not uncommon to see 46C (115F) during the summer months. I'm really hoping this is not heat related - otherwise we don't stand a chance.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-5-6 11:39
DJI Mindy,

My case number is CAS-1709294-L3Z2N1.  It has been sent in for repair/replacement. I'm hoping you now have the problem figured out and when I get my new unit, I don't have this problem. As you know, this is the third one I have replaced. I had to purchase a new iPad as a backup while this is in for repair.

Thanks for the case number, the monitor has just been received and our repair center will get it sorted out soon, sorry again for all the troubles.
2018-5-10
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-10 02:58
Thanks for the case number, the monitor has just been received and our repair center will get it sorted out soon, sorry again for all the troubles.

Thank you Mindy. I'm looking forward to getting it back.
2018-5-10
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules