664 3 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansddcf7882
New
Flight distance : 847064 ft
United States

Good day everyone, First post here.

Ive been flying a P4 for about 1.5 years maybe and having no issues. I recently have been using the P4 for night flights with an attached FLI vue pro Thermal camera and image transmitter to a secondary display with built in receiver. not for much longer as that system has a limited range of about 1000 yards limited by the secondary video transmitter and receiver.

That leads to our soon purchase of an Inspire 1 V2. i have zero experience with this platform and would like to be using it in the described fashion: I plan to buy a unit with a day camera and separately purchasing the FLIR Zenmuse 640 IR camera. It is my understanding that its fairly quick to swap cameras, i also know there will be a firmware update with the new FLIR camera to control the thermal pallets and other features.

I hope to be able swap back and fourth and use this drone in day time operations as well as swap to the zenmuse for night operations.

Being new to the platform and having not purchased the drone yet is there any special considerations i should take before buying it and extra flight batteries?

Thanks in advance and i hope to be able to one day provide help to users that im seeking now.

Jake

2018-4-25
Use props
JWP6114
New
Flight distance : 847064 ft
United States

this is what we are upgrading from...

image1.jpeg
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jake, the biggest advantage of Inspire series drone is the gimbal and camera can be swapped quickly, Zenmuse XT is the only thermal camera that is compatible with Inspire 1 at the moment, but we have no idea if there will be firmware update recently, you can pay attention to our website. Please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-xt?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-4-27
Use props
Katbusa3274
lvl.2
Flight distance : 411696 ft
United States

I'm a level 2 thermographer with extensive experience with different professional grade FLIR handhelds and helicopter gimbals. Over the last few years we have been migrating from helicopter work to Drone work. Mainly because of how dangerous it is to work on power lines even if all your doing is thermal inspections. We currently have a small fleet of inspire 1's with the XT 640 radiometric. The camera's on the Inspire 1 swap out quickly. You can change the color pallet in the camera settings. With the radiometric versions you also have the option to load the radiometric JPEG "R-JEPG" images into FLIR tools to do all sorts of post processing. Like changing the color pallet, emissivity and post operation temperature readouts on the entire image.

In my personal opinion a thermal camera without the ability to output radiometric data is nothing more than a camera that will only tell you something is warm. If you are doing anything in a professional or industrial setting don't waste your money on a non-radiometric camera. You will be thankful you spent the extra money down the road.

2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules