1501 12 2018-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerd_S.gmx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Romania

Dear DJI team,

I just installed the new version and tried out the new offline map download feature. When trying to enter a name for the selected region instead of using the default name "region 1" the bug showed up. For example, in the screenshot below I just typed "Test" and the entry field made from it on its own what you see there. Characters and even substrings entered before will be randomly copied into the field as soon as I will type a further character at the onscreen keyboard. So it is almost impossible to enter a valid name.

This bug applies both to my Samsung Galaxy s8+ running Android 8.0 as well as my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running Android 7.0.
Screenshot_20180426-083535.png
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing, in order to do the troubelshooting, could you please change the input method to try it again? At the same time, you can try both android and IOS mobile device, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-26
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Romania

Hi Diana,

I tried again with switching the input method to Google Gboard and there the bug does not occur. So it seems to show up only if using the Samsung keyboard with is default on all Samsung devices.
But as the Samsung keyboard works fine for any other apps you should report and fix this bug in any case.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GerdS Posted at 2018-4-26 00:40
Hi Diana,

I tried again with switching the input method to Google Gboard and there the bug does not occur. So it seems to show up only if using the Samsung keyboard with is default on all Samsung devices.

Hi, thank you so much for your update, glad to know that it works great when you change an input method. Regarding the issue of the Samsung keyboard, it has been forwarded to our engineers, hope it will be improved if possible. Thank you again!
2018-4-26
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-26 00:58
Hi, thank you so much for your update, glad to know that it works great when you change an input method. Regarding the issue of the Samsung keyboard, it has been forwarded to our engineers, hope it will be improved if possible. Thank you again!

Hi Diana,

I got version 4.2.14 today and found the described bug still unfixed.
There is another bug, too, which might have been there also in 4.2.12. When running on a tablet while in landscape mode GO4 will startup in this mode, too. But when going to the offline maps screen this screen will be shown in portrait mode. Seems this screen doesn not support landscpe mode yet, so it shzould be fixed as even your CrystalSky monitors are usually running in landscape mode.
2018-5-4
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft

Hi, How do you use the maps that you can now upload in the new update`d DJI go4 app  4.2.12 please, I have uploaded a few and cant get any maps when out in the field .Thanks....
2018-5-4
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft

Mike245 Posted at 2018-5-4 15:08
Hi, How do you use the maps that you can now upload in the new update`d DJI go4 app  4.2.12 please, I have uploaded a few and cant get any maps when out in the field .Thanks....

OK I think I have worked it out you only get the standard map of the region you selected, If so why not Put it as it was on older versions of the app when you could have the sat maps and it was great, the mapbox  version is also so old bring back google maps please
2018-5-4
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

I can confirm the text input bug is still there. App fully up to date. And I also can confirm offline maps do not appear once out in the field, even once they have successfully downloaded.
2018-5-7
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Romania

Dear Diana,

I just updated to version 4.2.16, checked for the reported bug and it is still there, unfixed since version 4.2.12 now.
Can you please re-report this bug to thew developers?
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GerdS Posted at 2018-5-21 11:41
Dear Diana,

I just updated to version 4.2.16, checked for the reported bug and it is still there, unfixed since version 4.2.12 now.

Hi GerdS, sorry to reply you late. This issue has been forwarded to our engineers, they are still working on it at present, I will forward it again, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Appreciate your patience.
2018-5-23
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback , we will fixed this issue in the coming version ,thanks.
2018-5-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

This is also happening with my Crystalsky.  I type B and type a new letter and get BBx.  Try to erase and it adds more letters.
2018-7-4
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-26 00:13
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing, in order to do the troubelshooting, could you please change the input method to try it again? At the same time, you can try both android and IOS mobile device, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

This is also happening on my crystalsky.  Also how do I select the region saved that was downloaded.  Or does it only use the last region downloaded.  Thanks.
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules