Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Change wifi channel between remote & device.
1344 6 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

G'day. There seems to be a few undocumented features about the Spark.

When I first got a Spark I randomly tested a few things. If holding the power button on the Spark for 9 seconds resets the Spark wifi to default, I wondered what would happen if I held the remote controller power button for 9 seconds.
After 9 seconds the RC (remote controller) beeped 5 times. 3 beeps, pause, 2 beeps.  I can't find any documentation to explain.  I had no idea what the beeps indicate & everthing seems to work the same.

(Due to 'limited' support within the DJI Go app, I 'manually' monitored my 2.4Ghz wi-fi via PC or android wifi analzer apps.)

Another  test. I decided to press the RC power button for 9 seconds. 5 Beeps (3+2). As I was monitoring wifi with pc/android wifi analzer apps, I noticed the 2.4 Ghz (RC) channel changes between 1, 6 & 11. Sometimes in sequence but mostly random.

Can somebody at DJI explain the 5 beeps? Obvously it means something.

2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please follow the video and see if you have the right procedure. If the problem remains, I would recommend you record a video of the situation for further check.
2018-4-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Afaik it is the same like the 9 sec power button on the bird: A reset of the Rc.
Test it, change the RC wifi name, push the button for 9 secs, use the ori wifi 12341234 again!
2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

RE: Change wifi channel between remote & DJI Go 4 device.

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-26 01:35
Hi, please follow the video and see if you have the right procedure. If the problem remains, I would recommend you record a video of the situation for further check.

Thanks for replying Elektra.   The video you shared relates to a direct connection between Spark & the android / IOS device. This is not my problem. Maybe I did not explain correctly before. I don't have a problem.  I did a quick search & noticed your reply to a similar question with a similar response. https://forum.dji.com/thread-110790-1-1.htmlI think you are confusing the issue. The beeps are from the remote controller -  pressing the power button on the remote for 9 seconds, not the Spark battery button. To simplify, forget the Spark & the android/IOS device. They are turned off at this stage. This is an undocumented 'feature' that needs official explaining. It may reduce interference.      

For curiosity, I  was observing what happens if I hold the power button on the remote controller for a 'long time'.  The remote controller beeped 5 times (3 beeps - short pause - 2 beeps) after 9 seconds. At that stage I had no idea what the 5 beeps where indicating.  

I've was recenty monitoring local wifi interference via PC wifi analyzer software. I found that holding the power button on the remote controller for 9 seconds changes the wifi channel of the remote - Channel 1, 6 or 11. Mostly channel 1 or 11. At this stage the Spark is off

The remote controller is selecting channel 11 when initially turned on. My router's wifi was set to channel 11. I now know not to use channel 1, 6 or 11 in the router's wifi settings.
I thought the remote controller would see the router's wifi & select another channel, but this is not the case.

2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-26 01:53
Afaik it is the same like the 9 sec power button on the bird: A reset of the Rc.
Test it, change the RC wifi name, push the button for 9 secs, use the ori wifi 12341234 again!

I tested. - no need to change, wifi names. I connect each time. It seems the Spark is smarter than the remote controller in regard to interference.
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-4-27 00:05
I tested. - no need to change, wifi names. I connect each time. It seems the Spark is smarter than the remote controller in regard to interference.

Can DJI provide a flow chart?
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules