DJI GO 4.2.8 for Android constantly querying location in background
962 5 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

I've noticed that in a few seconds after quitting the GO 4 App it begins querying phone's location. I see the google location services' icon and GPS status App's icon, both of which disappear immediately after I force stop the DJI GO 4 App. Why does GO 4 need to know its location when it is not working? Am I being spied on by the App? Or is it just another bug in it?
My phone is Sony Xperia Z5 running the official unrooted firmware (everything is up to date of course).
2018-4-26
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

Makes you wonder.
2018-4-26
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

The only thing that I can think of is to sync your flight records, Uninstall the app, Clear the Cache file out of the phone, reboot and reinstall the app.  Something glitchy for sure.  
2018-4-26
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

On the basis  the app needs the phone location for Home point Me, it would hardly need to interrogate the location again to do something nefarious.  Probably part of the phones method of doing the disconnection of the app from the GPS
2018-4-26
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Looks like when I was typing this topic DJI were preparing version 4.2.12 of the app in which the problem seems to be solved. So, thanks DJI for the quick response!
2018-4-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

asaw Posted at 2018-4-26 05:42
Looks like when I was typing this topic DJI were preparing version 4.2.12 of the app in which the problem seems to be solved. So, thanks DJI for the quick response!

"Looks like when I was typing this topic DJI were preparing version 4.2.12 of the app "

You must have influenced them, all requests for future updates will come through you first
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules