835 9 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seanmul89 7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20344 ft
Ireland

Hi,
If anyone seen my thread about a new Mavic I purchased with the yaw and drift, and slowly turning by itself, well I’m just after opening a new Alpine white mavic, start up, done the firmware and that was it, took out for a fly and it’s doing nearly the exact same as last one that I sent back to the retailer!!
Can anyone help me, is it the latest firmware causing this? I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary just followed the instructions on screen to get it ready for first flight!!
2018-4-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm on the latest FW and don't get this issue with my MPP. Odd that the same thing is happening again. Can you post a video clip of the drift issue?
2018-4-26
Use props
Seanmul89 7
lvl.1
Ireland

Cool, I’ve done nothing that I’m not supposed to do just set up and activate and update firmware and fly! Yeh I’m going to bring it out shortly to an open area and calibrate compass! Should I calibrate IMU? I will screen record the video and post it
2018-4-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seanmul89 7 Posted at 2018-4-26 10:16
Cool, I’ve done nothing that I’m not supposed to do just set up and activate and update firmware and fly! Yeh I’m going to bring it out shortly to an open area and calibrate compass! Should I calibrate IMU? I will screen record the video and post it

Calibrate the IMU at home on a perfectly level surface after the drone has cooled down to below room temperature. Then turn it all on, connect and immediately calibrate. Calibrate the compass at your flight location and never indoors and ensure there is no interference (heavy metal structures etc) in the area where you choose to fly.
Calibrating the IMU alone may be the fix here.
Good luck.
2018-4-26
Use props
Seanmul89 7
lvl.1
Ireland

I’ve done so, calibration on IMU inside, went outside onto the grass, done the compass, went for a fly again, seems ok now, flying at head height roughly its fairly still, forward and back it’s good and straight, but I noticed on the screen when I was at height, the screen picture was starting to rise although I was just in the hover not touching anything?

It returned to home to near perfect position as take off, I didn’t get error or anything on screen! Wind picked up a little, I’m sure the wind will show some crabbing on screen right, while going forward ?
2018-4-26
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

I have very little experience with my MA, but do have a few minutes flying in a pretty good gusty wind.  The drone will move around some with wind gusts, and physically drift some in higher winds, but each time, the view from the camera on the screen has been rock-solid.  
2018-4-26
Use props
Seanmul89 7
lvl.1
Ireland

It was picking up but nothing violent, when I fly forward it’s like it is flying in a crab position if you get me ? So I have to yaw it with slight correction to make it look straight on the screen,it was weird..
Then just hovering without touching controls it was turning slowly by itself!!
I just can’t believe it done the same as what happened to the Mavic Pro combo I purchased last week I had to give it back was crazy! It’s not as bad, but anxiety kicked in when it started drifting
2018-4-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GPS tends to accurate within 1.5M so a little movement in the wind is to be expected but the gimbal is 3 axis and you shouldn't notice it in the image. Calibrate the gimbal too on a level surface. Pleased the main drift issue is resolved. Good news.
2018-4-26
Use props
Seanmul89 7
lvl.1
Ireland

I noticed too, when I tested the RTH it was flying perfect, on the screen perfect, no sign of drift, but while I’m in control before I done RTH, I just noticed a slight crab! I will go again in the morning, if it does it again I’ll screen record and upload it. Seemed ok after the return to home
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Seanmul89 7 Posted at 2018-4-26 13:45
I noticed too, when I tested the RTH it was flying perfect, on the screen perfect, no sign of drift, but while I’m in control before I done RTH, I just noticed a slight crab! I will go again in the morning, if it does it again I’ll screen record and upload it. Seemed ok after the return to home

Hi, hope everything is fine. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know and provide the video if applicable, we'll here for help.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules