DJI Spark - Cannot Take off - Aircraft is Locked
12Next >
13824 77 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ed Rego
lvl.1

Hi everyone,

I received my DJI Spark today after waiting eagerly for 2 weeks for it to arrive and I've just spent the whole day trying to get it to fly and so far no joy. I've stumbled upon what appears to be some sort of bug as I have done everything that is stated on the manuals and on all guides that I've seen for the DJI Spark. After setting everything up and getting everything updated I was ready to take off with all systems and camera operational when I see this red bar up top saying CANNOT TAKE OFF and then I click on it and it takes me to STATUS which says I have the latest firmware and when I click on that I see AIRCRAFT IS LOCKED. I have tried searching on google for a fix for this but all the fixes I see I have tried and nothing works.

After spending a good amount of money on this and as a newcomer I am beyond angry at my 1st contact with DJI drones. Please let me know If you know a fix or If you think I may have done something wrong.

Best Regards,

Ed
2018-4-26
Use props
Jex68
New
Flight distance : 42881 ft
Australia

Is all the firmware on the Spark up to date, and have you checked that you are not in a No Fly Zone?
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ed, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, was the drone activated successfully and were you in the beginner mode? Please try to restart the drone and app, put it in a place with fine GPS signal, also keep the flysafe database updated. If it doesn't help, may I know where did you purchase the drone? Please provide me with the screenshot of the error message, the firmware info (General Settings, About) and the serial number. I'll help to check.
2018-4-26
Use props
Ed Rego
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-26 18:16
Ed, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, was the drone activated successfully and were you in the beginner mode? Please try to restart the drone and app, put it in a place with fine GPS signal, also keep the flysafe database updated. If it doesn't help, may I know where did you purchase the drone? Please provide me with the screenshot of the error message, the firmware info (General Settings, About) and the serial number. I'll help to check.

It's the same error that I see a lot of people having and nothing that you or anyone else states does anything to help. Everything is as it should be and properly updated, the aircraft is just locked for no apparent reason. It is a bug and the only way of solving it is through a third party program which is something that I didn't expect to have to do.

When I saw the videos and reviews on the DJI Spark I got interested because I saw an easy to use drone, something intuitive and newbie-user-friendly. It is a joke that I payed full price for something and was faced with problems straight off the bat and the only way of solving is not with the help of DJI but with help of a dodgy third party app. It is an absolute bad joke and it shatters the image that I had of DJI.
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi dji thor,  I got exactly the sama problem with aircraft is locked because I could not activate my aircraft using the QR code method,, i already download all the latest firmware for both my RC and my Spark unit.. The only problem is my spark activation. I bought this spark online from blibli.com and here is my SN : 0ASDE7W0A100XA
PLEASE HELP,, i can not fly my drone
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Johlianto Posted at 2018-4-27 17:32
Hi dji thor,  I got exactly the sama problem with aircraft is locked because I could not activate my aircraft using the QR code method,, i already download all the latest firmware for both my RC and my Spark unit.. The only problem is my spark activation. I bought this spark online from blibli.com and here is my SN : 0ASDE7W0A100XA
PLEASE HELP,, i can not fly my drone

Hi Johlianto, I checked the serial number and it has been activated, do you still have the 'Aircraft is Locked' error message? If yes, could you please share us the screenshot and the firmware version in About? Thank you very much.
2018-4-27
Use props
Cabot
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there, I have the same problem here. Gone thru all the correct steps by the manual. Cannot get rid of the Aircraft Locked. The thing will not move.
This is a bad joke, as there is no help available anywhere on what seems a common problem. I bought the Drone 2 days ago, after the first one did that I took it back to the shop and got it replaced. Now the same thing with the new one. That's surely no normal.
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi DJI mindy,

Here is the screenshot 1 min ago,,
As you can see,, gps signal was good,, everything connected between my S8Note to RC, and from RC to spark,, but still,, can not take off,, cause it is still locked,, please help
1524889344956.jpg
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

I try to scan QR code in the drone from dji go 4 apps,, but it keep telling me this :
1524880713434.jpg
2018-4-27
Use props
Cabot
lvl.1
Australia

Johlianto Posted at 2018-4-27 20:26
I try to scan QR code in the drone from dji go 4 apps,, but it keep telling me this :

Yep, that could be exactly my screenshots. Absolutely identical!
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

And here is the screenshot of the firmwares version
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Sorry forget to attach the firmware screenshot,, here it is,,
1524890245922.jpg
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

And now am so maddd,, spent more than $ 500 to buy this drone, but can not flew even just for a second,,, please heeellppppp,,,  
2018-4-27
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

As you can see from the apps front page,, every device are connected,,
1524885264567.jpg
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_1x34mdeBnfQ1
lvl.1
Philippines

I have the same exact problem. Way to go DJI!
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_1x34mdeBnfQ1
lvl.1
Philippines

Same message on the screenshot posted. Aircraft locked.
2018-4-27
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Me too! I am having this problem on my new spark which I received just yesterday! I noticed four solid red lights on the propellers.
Screenshot_20180428-144441.png
Screenshot_20180428-144445.png
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

My spark Serial Number is 0ASDE871C100MW. Could someone help to verify if my Spark has been activated??
Screenshot_20180428-161319.png
2018-4-28
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

This is a new problem i have never seen before. Maybe it has something to do with the current
version of dji go 4 which was released just some few days ago? Have you tryed to
downgrade the dji go 4 app and see how it goes?
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

I heard that four solid red lights mean some error... Is that true?
IMG_20180428_161124.jpg
2018-4-28
Use props
Cabot
lvl.1
Australia

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 00:21
I heard that four solid red lights mean some error... Is that true?

Yep, that is what they say. So we have now 4 people that experience the very same. Really not what you want after spending $600+ for a new toy you can't use.
2018-4-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

tomkrist Posted at 2018-4-28 00:17
This is a new problem i have never seen before. Maybe it has something to do with the current
version of dji go 4 which was released just some few days ago? Have you tryed to
downgrade the dji go 4 app and see how it goes?

It could be a 'follow' up of the 1. September 'must do' update.
Aircraft locked was there the message, if not updated.

So if i had this problem now, i would just google with DJI Spark locked and watch the video, that pops up in the results.
And check on that solution
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the difficulties, we care much about your feedback, may I know if you all use Android mobile phone? How about trying iOS device? For Android user, could you please provide us the files under /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL and the serial number for further analysis?
2018-4-28
Use props
djiuser_pW7HFmflurDk
lvl.2

Goddamn... I just bought the drone here in switzerland and I have exactly the same problem (of course, the texts are in german...) I'm trying to start the drone since more than 4 hours...

Fluggerät gesperrt -> Aircraft locked...

DJI: Can you please solve this problem as soon as possible?

Thank you very much!
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_pW7HFmflurDk Posted at 2018-4-28 04:18
Goddamn... I just bought the drone here in switzerland and I have exactly the same problem (of course, the texts are in german...) I'm trying to start the drone since more than 4 hours...

Fluggerät gesperrt -> Aircraft locked...

I understand how you feel and we still need more data to check the exact status. Please kindly offer the below info at your convenience, we'll try our best to help you out.
1. Please kindly offer the aircraft SN;
2.  Which mobile device do you connect? Android or IOS? Does the issue remain if changed to another OS? Please kindly offer the log from here:
Android: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL and /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_DATA_ALL
IOS: log/upgrade0
3. Make sure the internet is connected and update the flysafe data to the latest version.
4. Please kindly refer the tutorial video and export all data(including the flight logs and black box) for analysis.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

My spark Serial Number is 0ASDE871C100MW.

I am using andriod version 7
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Sorry I don't have any apple phone. I am trying to login to Dji assistant 2 but apparently I am stacked at this page below.... I have plugged in my Spark via usb port to computer, turned the power on and connected to internet but it seems like my Spark is still not detected on my computer.
15249259891872012409553.jpg
2018-4-28
Use props
Cabot
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there,
DJI Spark SN: 0ASUE8H00100WR
Android on Samsung S6 (sorry no iOS)
Everythig updated to the latest including Fly safe.
Have the log files but cannot attach it to this thread.
Did not have a problem to attach to the DJI Assistant, but despite alll updates done, still in Aircraft Locked.
Please let me know how to send you the log files

2018-4-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 06:33
Sorry I don't have any apple phone. I am trying to login to Dji assistant 2 but apparently I am stacked at this page below.... I have plugged in my Spark via usb port to computer, turned the power on and connected to internet but it seems like my Spark is still not detected on my computer.

Try starting assistant2, starting the spark and plugin in the cable to the PC after the drone powered up and is ready
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-28 07:02
Try starting assistant2, starting the spark and plugin in the cable to the PC after the drone powered up and is ready

Still doesn't work. Maybe i will try with another computer.
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

I would like to suggest to the dji technical team that maybe this problem could resolve faster if they could randomly activate a few brand new Spark that were manufactured long time ago before the compulsory firmware update last year using an android phone. Let's see if they would also experiencie the same problem of aircraft locked after the activation/firmware update.

I think the current method of collecting data log and etc would take much longer time to solve the problem since it seems to require many steps and many affected people like me has already tried out many solutions and we are already very frustrated.
2018-4-28
Use props
Michael Soucy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15577 ft
United States

And here I thought I was doing something wrong with my day old spark. Hopefully DJI gets this fixed quickly, so we can actually use the items we purchased.
2018-4-28
Use props
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The exact same problem here! Brand new spark, got it two days ago but waited til the weekend to fly it. But now obviously can't, incredibly frustrating!! Not at all what I'd like after paying >£500 for a drone

I'm using an Android phone with DJI Go 4
2018-4-28
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hello Dji,,

I submit my SN, Im using Samsung S8Note Android,,
I don't have any other IOS,,
I don't think all of your customer is high tech guy, who understand how to fix this problem from our own..
DJI's technicians should fix this locking problems as soon as possible before things going bad for DJI drone's products
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, our engineers are working on this issue in high priority, if you have exported the log, please kindly upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.
It would be much appreciated if an IOS mobile device can be used to have a try? Please connect the phone to the network, enter DJI Go 4 APP, if there is pop-up window about the Fly Safe Database upgrade, please update to the latest version and then switch to Android mobile phone to see if the issue persists. Thank you very much.
2018-4-28
Use props
judgemstr
lvl.2
United States

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.
2018-4-28
Use props
djiuser_hSLmG3gogASc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5889 ft

Hi I'm having the same problem , just received my spark yesterday
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_hSLmG3gogASc
lvl.1

judgemstr Posted at 2018-4-28 21:08
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

I tried but didnt work
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_hSLmG3gogASc
lvl.1

Hi JudgmHi Judgmstr, your suggestion works thanks. I use android phone and I deleted the dji app data and cache and then uninstall from my phone. I turn install the previous version of dji app. I opened the app and it asks me to update the no fly zone database which latest dji app didn't prompt. After updating it, it ask me to update the aircraft firmware with the app firmware and after that I can my aircraft is not locked anymore

May have to try this method twice cause the first time I tried didn't work abd then I repeated the whole process and it worked using the previous app version
2018-4-29
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

It’s not good that your having this problem but remember there are lots of happy customers in this forum that have had no issues with there sparks...

Mine has been faultless so far..

You have just been very unlucky and no it shouldn’t happen but once it’s sorted you will be very happy with the drone
2018-4-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules