DJI Spark - Cannot Take off - Aircraft is Locked
13832 77 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiyanm
New
Singapore

judgemstr Posted at 2018-4-28 21:08
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

This works!!! I uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app and downloaded the older version of the app through this link. And my Spark could finally take off.

I  guess the issue is the newly updated app, which renders some of us who bought the newer batches of Sparks to have flightless drones. I really hope DJI puts up a fix for this real soon. It was really frustrating trying to figure out a solution. But meanwhile, this older version apk will do. Hope it helps you guys out the too. Thanks judgemstr!
2018-4-29
Use props
Johlianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Yeah,, thank you @judgemstr you are cool..
I uninstall my dji go 4 apps,, and download older version of the apps,, and after connecting my phone to rc and my rc to my spark,, there is no notification of anything about aircraft is locked..
I finally fly my drone inside my house!
Next question is : the apps is asking me to update the apps to newest version.. should i keep ignoring those warning?
Please master,, answer me ,,
2018-4-29
Use props
Jamaboy007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15659 ft
Sweden

Fixit it dij i have same problem. Is works now that i have older V of the app. So it is something totaly wrong with det new app
2018-4-29
Use props
Muhammad Al Ridha
New
Indonesia

I got same problem today, how to fix this.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Here is my Solution after lots of discussion with other having same Issue -

Many have said it worked for them.

You need to remove DJI GO4 App on Android, predicting you are using the one on Google Play 4.2.12, then reset everything and turn OFF Auto updates for now, restart phone and install FRESH Version of the downgraded app 4.1.15, setup the Drone, and go Fly. After flying, maybe a day or two, you can turn Automatic Update in Google Play again and update as normal to 4.2.12 as the new version is said to have OTG Support and works very well.

Also make sure to upgrade all Firmware Spark / Batteries every single one if you have spare batteries / Remote / Etc... I prefer to download DJI ASSISTANT 2 on PC and update from there for the Firmware.

More info here..... All instructions in my Post as I could stay watching all you Guys having same Problem -

https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

Quick link to v4.1.15

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Enjoy.
2018-4-29
Use props
vdjuric
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Installing old version worked for me too. I think the main problem is that the new version doesn't ask you to update  flysafe database! When I installed the old version - it asked me to update the database and everything worked perfectly!
2018-4-29
Use props
fanse78fef4e
lvl.1

United States

This is not a unique problem I just bought my spark today and it says its locked. After a few hours of trying to remedy this I downloaded judgemstr suggestion now it works. What the hell dji.
2018-4-29
Use props
KOMMAN
New
United States

Same problem here with the brand new spark. Issue was solved by downgrading the app as mentioned in the post above.
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_OWk5BcUlVjn3
New

Australia

Just like everyone else i have the same issues. Not very happy. No drama with my other spark thats a month old. Cant scan the bar code either and when i hook my samsung 8 up to the controller it shuts my phone down and resets the time and date to the 28/4/18 8am. My sn is Onasde8fob1012n. Please help my out or i will be demanding a refund.
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_OWk5BcUlVjn3
New

Australia

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 00:21
I heard that four solid red lights mean some error... Is that true?

Same drama here not happy
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,
Thanks for your patience. Our engineers have been aware of the issue and will optimize in the next APP version. At this moment, please switch to IOS version or previous Android APP to figure this out.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll release as long as the new version is ready. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-4-30
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Dear DJI and Forum Admins

Thank you very much for handling it like you do!

I'm very happy with your solution!

best regards
Marco
2018-4-30
Use props
Julian “Karon” Müller
New

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 00:30
Hi All,
Thanks for your patience. Our engineers have been aware of the issue and will optimize in the next APP version. At this moment, please switch to IOS version or previous Android APP to figure this out.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll release as long as the new version is ready. Appreciate your understanding.

Then please provide either a iOS device or a download link to the older version!
2018-4-30
Use props
fans72772282
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11332 ft
Norway

I have the same problem as everyone else, the android doesn't work. Tried with my wife's ipad and it worked fine
2018-4-30
Use props
fans72772282
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11332 ft
Norway

So after I got it to work on a IOS device (after updating it again) I tried again with my android, I got a message that the updates were inconsistent and it prompted me to download a update. After that it worked on my android. I'm thinking there is an update that android users aren't getting. Anyways, that's how I managed to fix it hope it helps you guys also
2018-4-30
Use props
OmniSpark
New

Same for me. Bought a spark fly more combo today. Installed all firmware updates. Unable to take off.
After reading this thread, downgraded the Android app and now the Spark does take off.
Thanks for the information.
2018-4-30
Use props
fans8d5496a6
New

United States

Just bought my spark last week and got the same issue. "Locked Aircraft" downgraded app. No more lock.

DJI wants me to send it in for repair but I don't think that will fix the issue. I don't think they understand what is going on yet.
2018-4-30
Use props
Lefra
New

Austria

I have the same problem. Bought a new Spark and thought it was a quality product. Disappointing.
2018-4-30
Use props
SergioD
New
Greece

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 10:28
Here is my Solution after lots of discussion with other having same Issue -

Many have said it worked for them.

The version 4.1.15 works perfect
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Lefra Posted at 2018-4-30 22:45
I have the same problem. Bought a new Spark and thought it was a quality product. Disappointing.

Here you go my Friend - I assume you installed DJI GO4 App from Google Play on your Android which is v4.2.12, which is giving this problem.

Dont worry. Its easy to fix -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) -
Direct LINK (For Android Phone)
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer setting AutoUpdates to Manual as this give me chance to Update with my Confirmation, but as the 4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish to Thank all DJI Support for helping us, its ok right now to Turn AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updates / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

SergioD Posted at 2018-5-2 03:23
The version 4.1.15 works perfect

Glad you followed the Instructions.
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Julian “Karon” Müller Posted at 2018-4-30 05:52
Then please provide either a iOS device or a download link to the older version!

Here you go my Friend - I assume you installed DJI GO4 App from Google Play on your Android which is v4.2.12, which is giving this problem.

Dont worry. Its easy to fix -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) -
Direct LINK (For Android Phone)
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer setting AutoUpdates to Manual as this give me chance to Update with my Confirmation, but as the 4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish to Thank all DJI Support for helping us, its ok right now to Turn AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updates / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)
2018-5-2
Use props
Sierran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4787 ft
Poland

But still is BS. I wanna buy yuneec breeze but lot of users have wifi problem.. Now ordered spark combo and pay extra for "no problems". Waiting for update or i will return spark to shop.
2018-5-2
Use props
Alexba
lvl.1
Singapore

Same problem with my brand new Spark. I will be running the old firmware until a working version is published. I am not interested in running the poorly tested 4.2.12. Sorry but I can't take the "it's a great version" story while it can't even start the motors..
2018-5-3
Use props
Alexba
lvl.1
Singapore

NedUK Posted at 2018-4-29 01:45
It’s not good that your having this problem but remember there are lots of happy customers in this forum that have had no issues with there sparks...

Mine has been faultless so far..

I appreciate your positive attitude, however having so many new Spark owners suffering the exactly same issue cannot be explained by "luck". Old software works. Latest software cannot even start the motors. Very obvious software QA issue. It is actually quite worrying. Can we really trust that software that can throw our hard earned $$$$ from 100m height to the rubbish bin?

This is not a toy drone. The vendor should be more careful with QA.
2018-5-3
Use props
dewolfe001
New
Canada

The solution:
2018-5-3
Use props
dewolfe001
New
Canada

The solution for Android users:
- Delete the current version of the app. It's your core problem. Many of the 1-star reviews (mine included) were victims of April 25th software release.
- Go to https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-2-6-release/
- Download the Feb. release (it's the one I used).
- Install it (Android will try to warn you off of using an APK)
- DO NOT do firmware releases or other updates. The post-April code looks to be all bad.

I tried this today and I was flying inside of 15 minutes.
2018-5-3
Use props
Rutrus
New
Spain

Hi all!!

I have a new Spark, and I spent some hours yesterday. Now it seems here you have a solution. My problem is the following:

My problem was with android 4.2.12 version. I downloaded some older versions (4.1.15 and 4.2.8) with the same problem.

Opening DJI GO 4 it tries to get "resource file" and ask me to check my network connection and retry. So I can't open the app.

Maybe the DJI server is failing at this moment?
2018-5-4
Use props
Lefra
New

Austria

many thanks  to Darryl and all the others who helped to solve the problem. It works fine for me. Nice community.
Kr Lefra
2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_BxvdGgWY1wsY
New
Australia

I have wasted my entire weekend trying and failing to update this rubbish software. Every step of getting this thing going has been extremely frustrating. (ie QR codes that don't scan, batteries that go flat in minutes, zero customer support).  I purchased this consumer level drone for a lot of money and as a average consumer I expect it to work. I am putting all back in the box and taking it back for a refund.  Get your sh*t together DJI.
2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_BxvdGgWY1wsY
New
Australia

I have wasted my entire weekend trying and failing to update this rubbish software. Every step of getting this thing going has been extremely frustrating. (ie QR codes that don't scan, batteries that go flat in minutes, zero customer support).  I purchased this consumer level drone for a lot of money and as a average consumer I expect it to work. I am putting all back in the box and taking it back for a refund.  Get your sh*t together DJI.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Lefra Posted at 2018-5-5 04:31
many thanks  to Darryl and all the others who helped to solve the problem. It works fine for me. Nice community.
Kr Lefra

You are Welcome.

Austria & Germany are my favourite Places in Europe. Also Austria is where I bought my Spark from.

Danke Lefra !

Greetings from Malta
2018-5-6
Use props
fans54eed106
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just bought a Spark, and for 4 days I've been trying to install the controller update, I did the drone with Assist 2, but the controller update will not download complete, kicking me at 99% saying lost connection , but I've got excellent coverage and WiFi.. a very expensive table lamp at the moment...any suggestions would be much appreciated
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. This issue has been figured out in 4.2.14, please update to the latest version and check again.
2018-5-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your battery in all the way?
2018-5-7
Use props
im2c0ol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69337 ft
United States

Did the latest update release on May 21st resolve this issue?
2018-5-22
Use props
loophole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

I just bought my spark 2 days ago.  The QR code never worked for me..  I just did everything manually and everything worked fine... but yes the QR code never worked.  Started to panic at first.. took a few tries but it finally took.
2018-5-22
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

fanse78fef4e Posted at 2018-4-29 16:14
This is not a unique problem I just bought my spark today and it says its locked. After a few hours of trying to remedy this I downloaded judgemstr suggestion now it works. What the hell dji.

Not what the hell dji, if you look @ dji.com/spark by downloads you see that 4.1.22 is latest DJI go 4 app.
Don't update to newer versions, it's all about Mavic Air stuff.
Also use 4.1.15 if you want OTG.
Spark Release Notes  http://www.dji.com/spark Copyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1 Date: 2017.12.21 Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0900 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0400 DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.1.22 DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.22 What’s New?  Optimized battery management to improve stability.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules