3D mapping software
4143 8 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

Just wondering if anyone has any info on if there’s a supported 3D mapping app out or if support is in the works for the Mavic Air now that the SDK is out. Looked at dronedeploy and pix4d, but no info I could see.
2018-4-26
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Autopilot and Litchi have waypoint modes for the Air.  Autopilot has the proper tools for developing a mapping mission.  3D model images are sometimes best flown by hand or by using POI modes that are built into the DJI Go4 App.
2018-4-26
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

I have litchi and have built missions, but say I wanted to image a piece of property, would I just take the video and upload it to a site or what’s the process for making that happen using the Mavic Air?
2018-4-26
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

Looks like they're tracking. Have no idea when support is coming, but they seem to support a lot of platforms and I think it's fair to say the Mavic Air will be a popular drone. Pix4D official response below.

2018-4-27
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i use dronedeploy but with MP ...and is ok..donno about MA..i dont think you will have enought battery
2018-4-27
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

Tealk Posted at 2018-4-27 06:05
i use dronedeploy but with MP ...and is ok..donno about MA..i dont think you will have enought battery

I was wondering about that myself. Probably depends on the size of the area you're looking to do, but does dronedeploy allow you to pause and resume for a battery change? Curious, how long does it take to map a football field sized area would you say? I get around 20 min on a MA battery.
2018-4-27
Use props
fansef9818e8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

MightyRouse Posted at 2018-4-27 06:13
I was wondering about that myself. Probably depends on the size of the area you're looking to do, but does dronedeploy allow you to pause and resume for a battery change? Curious, how long does it take to map a football field sized area would you say? I get around 20 min on a MA battery.

My experience with dronedeploy, using a P3P, is that you can pause and resume for a battery change. But... after the trial period the program is too expensive to use for a hobbiest.

You should have no problem mapping a football size area with a Mavic Air battery when and if supported by the program.

Butch
2018-4-27
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

fansef9818e8 Posted at 2018-4-27 06:33
My experience with dronedeploy, using a P3P, is that you can pause and resume for a battery change. But... after the trial period the program is too expensive to use for a hobbiest.

You should have no problem mapping a football size area with a Mavic Air battery when and if supported by the program.

Thanks Butch, yeah I'm seeing the pricing and you're right. I'd be using this for work, but still too expensive since I'd maybe only need to survey a site maybe once or twice a month. I did find a program called PrecisionMapper made by precision hawk that is free and works with any drone. Only catch is you can only do 5 per month and have a 300GB limit, but that might be perfect for me. Figured I'd learn on that and see if it suits my needs.
2018-4-27
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

you can install drone deploy and use-it, stich photos but cannot download the photos stichit by dronedeploy , only if you pay...you can stich photos ini photoshop, cose photos are in your microsd card, i use drone deploy to map but i use photoshop to stich photos, you can download dronedoploy app than go to drone deploy website and set a areea from there...
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules