Auto-Launch disabled?
835 10 2018-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Greetings to all:  I'm new here and new to drones.  I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro and undated the firmware, after watching lots of tutorials.  On my first flight I was able to get a good GPS lock (15 sats) and all was fine until I tried to use the Auto-Launch button, as soon as I used it and then swiped to the right the motors shut down.  I have searched the forum for this problem and have not found anybody else discussing this...

Please, if you can help me solve this issue I will appreciate it.

TIA
2018-4-26
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

BTW - I am nowhere near any restricted areas and have registered my P4P
2018-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

kmss1 Posted at 2018-4-26 18:18

What happens if you try to take off manually?
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

kmss1 Posted at 2018-4-26 18:18

Did you get any message at that time from app? Can you take off with the RC? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

When you first open the DJI GO 4 app, a status page will appear. Did you look at this and were there any warning messages?
You can also have a look at the warning messages in the DJI GO 4 app. Go to General Settings and scroll to the bottom to Warnings.
It just sounds like something is not working correctly.
2018-4-26
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Thank you to those who replied.  I was able to take off manually with no problem, several times.  I didn't see any warnings but will check the log a bit later after I take care of some work.
2018-4-27
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Checked the warnings as suggested and the only warnings I had were related to obstacle avoidance and GPS lock for RTH.  I'll try it some more later today in GPS mode and see what happens.  Thank you again to all.
2018-4-27
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Okay, if anybody is following this I have to "eat crow":  I guess you can't use "auto-takeoff" once you have started the motors?  I found that if I use the "auto-takeoff" prior to starting the motors it works fine, but if I try to use it after the motors are already idling it doesn't work (it just shut them off).
2018-4-27
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Okay, if anybody is following this I have to "eat crow":  I guess you can't use "auto-takeoff" once you have started the motors?  I found that if I use the "auto-takeoff" prior to starting the motors it works fine, but if I try to use it after the motors are already idling it doesn't work (it just shut them off).  What can I say, "lesson learned"??
2018-4-27
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

kmss1 Posted at 2018-4-27 15:05
Okay, if anybody is following this I have to "eat crow":  I guess you can't use "auto-takeoff" once you have started the motors?  I found that if I use the "auto-takeoff" prior to starting the motors it works fine, but if I try to use it after the motors are already idling it doesn't work (it just shut them off).  What can I say, "lesson learned"??

No need to "eat crow" we all learn everyday. Just glad to hear you figured it out and now you can pass on your knowledge to other hobbyist who might run into this someday.
2018-4-27
Use props
kmss1
lvl.4
United States

Thank you again to all who replied, I like the constructive nature of this forum!
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules