2635 14 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UgoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6843596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I just bought the CristalSky Ultra but I can not figure out how to download the maps to be used offline.
Any indication on how to do?
Thank you

2018-4-27
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4283012 ft
Canada

You can't. Though DJI still advertise it as being able to use offline maps. The brightness is nice, but, given the price that you have to pay the CrystalSky is heavily flawed in many ways and should be avoided.
2018-4-28
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Maybe offline maps will come to Chrystalsky on the next update as the latest DJIGO4 for Android just got the feature back again.  

Regards Leif.
2018-4-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-28 08:50
Maybe offline maps will come to Chrystalsky on the next update as the latest DJIGO4 for Android just got the feature back again.  

Regards Leif.

May i please ask, what map provider is used?
It is only a few weeks ago we got a update on the +RC that removed the download of offline maps with a change to MapBox maps. The +RC and CS version App seem to follow each other at some degree.
Even the MapBox map's seem to be able to cache and i like they have more details, the missing download feature is a downside.
2018-4-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-29 01:10
It is only a few weeks ago we got a update on the +RC that removed the download of offline maps with a change to MapBox maps. The +RC and CS version App seem to follow each other at some degree.
Even the MapBox map's seem to be able to cache and i like they have more details, the missing download feature is a downside.

Aloha Ked,

Interesting comment.  I was wondering the other day what happened to the "Here!" maps.  The last couple months have been really bad weatherwise and flying opportunities really limited flying to testing and useful stuff, no fun!

If you get an update, let us know!  Suddenly the clouds were no longer over my flying area!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention and feedback. We will forward users' advice for improvement.
2018-4-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-29 01:10
It is only a few weeks ago we got a update on the +RC that removed the download of offline maps with a change to MapBox maps. The +RC and CS version App seem to follow each other at some degree.

You can almost guess who the provider is, MAPBOX of course. You select one or more areas on the satellit map you want to download. I think the areas are 20x25 km. The resolution on MAPBOX is not excellent, acktely bad.

Wonder me if there are other providers of  satellite maps that DJI can try out or is it worth downloading those images we need ???   

Regards Leif.
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-29 02:54
You can almost guess who the provider is, MAPBOX of course. You select one or more areas on the satellit map you want to download. I think the areas are 20x25 km. The resolution on MAPBOX is not excellent, acktely bad.

Wonder me if there are other providers of  satellite maps that DJI can try out or is it worth downloading those images we need ???   

This is getting interesting, one thing i actually like with the MapBox version is that even the smallest ponds is showing in the current version, i have been missing those details a lot in the Here maps as they are almost the only landmarks when flying far from any roads.

I am still getting an annoying green overlay created by the App when it locate my as being in the DJI invented Warning Zones but still i am able to navigate better over my targets from the ground now the details got present.

Here some examples, top is from Here Map with overlay, second is from the new MapBox version (before GPS located me), you can clearly see more details in the second pic.

mapbox picture with all the nice details

mapbox picture with all the nice details

Hopefully soon a download version will be on the way to both the CS and +RC users without those detailes get lost again.

@DJI could you please also make it possible to turn off the zone overlay!

Edit: Wee, great just found that they actually has made it possible to turn the overlay off now by tapping the "Sun/navigator" icon not shown in the top picture.

Edit2: Grrrr - Either it does not work at all or it is not possible to turn off for Extended Warning Zones, but guess of cause it would be more important to be able not to display misc Flight zone and Helipads than other zones that don't even exist.  

2018-4-29
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4283012 ft
Canada

I use Hybrid/Satellite maps mostly. If you zoom in and the zoom out they do work. But as soon as you switch between FPV view and the map it goes back to being black. This is with the latest CS firmware. Standard map seems to work fine.

Screenshot_2018-04-29-08-42-12.png
Screenshot_2018-04-29-08-43-04.png
Screenshot_2018-04-29-08-43-16.png
Screenshot_2018-04-29-08-42-52 copy.jpg
Screenshot_2018-04-29-08-43-40 copy.jpg
2018-4-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-29 03:33
This is getting interesting, one thing i actually like with the MapBox version is that even the smallest ponds is showing in the current version, i have been missing those details a lot in the Here maps as they are almost the only landmarks when flying far from any roads.

I am still getting an annoying green overlay created by the App when it locate my as being in the DJI invented Warning Zones but still i am able to navigate better over my targets from the ground now the details got present.

Yes, okay. The small lake (marsh) I have here in my neighborhood was also shown on the Here map.

As far as I can see  the satellite map is "only" in 16 colors and therefore look a bit tame fore me.

I'm glad you've found a way to get the green overlay removed. I'm also glad it's not on the map over my neighborhood.

The new card may not be as bad as I see it first ???   

So I only need DJI to fix their programming error in the latest version of DJIGO4 so it does not report "Aircraft disconnected" regardless of the fact that I have an ok image link and can control the drone without problems from both APP and RC. Lucky I have allways stable Litchi to use when DJI fails me.  

Regards Leif.
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-29 01:19
Aloha Ked,

Interesting comment.  I was wondering the other day what happened to the "Here!" maps.  The last couple months have been really bad weatherwise and flying opportunities really limited flying to testing and useful stuff, no fun!

also @OP
Has you figured out to get your maps cached?
On my +RC it was done by, while online connected to the internet, zooming in (not sure needed) and then scroll around until i was sure i had been around the area where i fly the most, i'll think it is the same way on the CS. the +RC has App v.4.2.6 at the moment btw.

In regards to not being able to cache the Sat version, hey never was available as a download so i can't call that part of it a poorer solution than before but not being able to download sure is as it is impossible to scroll around large areas and be sure not to miss a part here and there.

I have just tried it out and it look to me like also the satmaps will get cached and does survive that app get closed/re-started but i don't know how big an area it would manage, just tried a few sq.km. and also parts of the sat map i didn't scroll to was visible but very rough/low detailed.

What ever online or not it is not possible to scroll in very much before the sat part turn to gray scale and has reached the max level of detail.

@Landbo/Leif - I didn't find a way to disable the zone overlay, i just thought so but trying out during flight to change from the standard "Show Warning Zones & Prompts" over "Show Warning Prompts" and even to "Ignore" on all listed zone types didn't change anything. If it works at other Zones than the Extended Warning Zones i can't answer as those are all i have here according to DJI.
2018-4-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Stratcat Posted at 2018-4-29 05:52
I use Hybrid/Satellite maps mostly. If you zoom in and the zoom out they do work. But as soon as you switch between FPV view and the map it goes back to being black. This is with the latest CS firmware. Standard map seems to work fine.

Aloha Stratcat ,

Yes!  That happens with my display.  I back out a little bit and it loads then I zoom in as far as I need.  I was going to post that but you beat me!  Mahalo for the confirmation!  Everything works fine with mine so far.  Fingers are still crossed though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-29 07:38
also @OP
Has you figured out to get your maps cached?
On my +RC it was done by, while online connected to the internet, zooming in (not sure needed) and then scroll around until i was sure i had been around the area where i fly the most, i'll think it is the same way on the CS. the +RC has App v.4.2.6 at the moment btw.

Aloha Ked,

Mahalo for looking into this.  Stratcat confirmed my zoom out a little bit and it loads, then zoom in as far as you need.  The satellite image is good as you have noted.  Mahalo again!  My fingers are still crossed but I do not seem to be having problems with overlays and I am 5 miles from a military airfield.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-29 13:36
Aloha Ked,

Mahalo for looking into this.  Stratcat confirmed my zoom out a little bit and it loads, then zoom in as far as you need.  The satellite image is good as you have noted.  Mahalo again!  My fingers are still crossed but I do not seem to be having problems with overlays and I am 5 miles from a military airfield.

Just after posting the last reply here something happened when i poked around in the maps and all maps+sat pictures seem to vanish, Tried to tap the home position without luck but when zooming in just a little it all came back again.

As Landbo reported it look like the download feature is on the way back, just hope it is not in a bad resolution as also mentioned.

I can't in any way get rid of the zone overlay for the incorrect Extended Warning Zones covering my whole area, would like to hear if it works for other types of zones for anybody, that system really make the flying unsafe in several ways.
2018-5-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-1 00:24
Just after posting the last reply here something happened when i poked around in the maps and all maps+sat pictures seem to vanish, Tried to tap the home position without luck but when zooming in just a little it all came back again.

As Landbo reported it look like the download feature is on the way back, just hope it is not in a bad resolution as also mentioned.

Aloha Ked,

Sounds like it is a work in progress.  We will have to pay attention and figure it out.  Mahalo for the input!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules