Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Forwarding large files on email
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Would appreciate any help or advice on best way to forward/email large files.
I have recently recorded video which I have downsized (per Shotcut) to 80mb.
Would dearly love to be able to forward same to friends,  but,  not being an IT guru,  am finding things difficult.

What do you do ?  How do you do it ?  

It is easy enough to fly the drone,  take the pics or record the video --- but then ?  It would be nice to find a quick & easy method of sharing same.

As you may gather,  I am somewhat IT inept,  please be gentle !!??

2018-4-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upload it to YouTube.com or a file sharing site like Dropbox.com and then share the link with your friends.
2018-4-27
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-27 04:55
Upload it to YouTube.com or a file sharing site like Dropbox.com and then share the link with your friends.

Excellent advice here.  Because even if your mail service can / will handle it, your recipient's may not.
2018-4-27
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a Gmail account it already comes with a Google Drive. That drive can handle up to 5GB (I think) of free storage. Then you just send a link to the file to anyone via email. Then the recipient can download your large file.
2018-4-27
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correction 15GB or free space.
2018-4-27
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

I always use Wetransfer.
Without account/subscription you can send up to 2GB per file:
https://wetransfer.com/
2018-4-27
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Thankyou fall for the advice,  that's great.
I have a Gmail account but generally use Outlook which I find easier to manage.  Having said that,  I have just successfully used Gmail to 'send / attatch / link'  -  however you look at it -- an 80mb file !

Really appreciate your comments.  I had a video of a friends'  new caravan (trailer to some of you ??) that he wanted to show off to his son in USA.  Now he is happy,  his son can see where the inheritance is being spent & I am pleased with being able to do the video for him.

Cheers & Good Luck
2018-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 2018-4-27 15:50
Thankyou fall for the advice,  that's great.
I have a Gmail account but generally use Outlook which I find easier to manage.  Having said that,  I have just successfully used Gmail to 'send / attatch / link'  -  however you look at it -- an 80mb file !

Dropbox is probably the best file transfer system to use. 80MB is not big at all, most clips end up in the Gigabyte range, but if you convert them down to something like 80MB, then the quality will suffer. It also depends upon what sort of Internet connection you have, are you on NBN?

The advantage of Dropbox is that you can upload large files to it, and the recipient can download at ther leisure.
2018-4-27
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-27 16:36
Dropbox is probably the best file transfer system to use. 80MB is not big at all, most clips end up in the Gigabyte range, but if you convert them down to something like 80MB, then the quality will suffer. It also depends upon what sort of Internet connection you have, are you on NBN?

The advantage of Dropbox is that you can upload large files to it, and the recipient can download at ther leisure.

Thanks Geebax,  Yes I am on NBN,  speed it not that bright,  only about 3Mbs on upload I think.  I'll have a look at Dropbox too.
Cheers
What with Dropbox,  Google Drive,  One Drive,  etc I sometimes (read always !) get confused.
Thanks again
2018-4-27
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-27 16:36
Dropbox is probably the best file transfer system to use. 80MB is not big at all, most clips end up in the Gigabyte range, but if you convert them down to something like 80MB, then the quality will suffer. It also depends upon what sort of Internet connection you have, are you on NBN?

PS:  It would be good if I didn't have to sacrifice the picture quality.  After all the P4P has quite an impressive camera eh ?
I'll work on larger file loads in future.
2018-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 2018-4-27 16:51
PS:  It would be good if I didn't have to sacrifice the picture quality.  After all the P4P has quite an impressive camera eh ?
I'll work on larger file loads in future.

Good idea. 3Mb/s is a bit slow, I am on NBN Wireless and have about 20Mb/s, but I don't skimp on rendering. always render to relatively high quality. Then it is only me suffering the pain of upload, any viewer can choose the quality that best suits them.
2018-4-27
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-27 18:17
Good idea. 3Mb/s is a bit slow, I am on NBN Wireless and have about 20Mb/s, but I don't skimp on rendering. always render to relatively high quality. Then it is only me suffering the pain of upload, any viewer can choose the quality that best suits them.

I'll keep working on it.  After all,  it is good grey matter exercise - even if it is frustrating at times
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Both Dropbox and Google Drive are proper tools for large files forwarding.
Do not forget to share your works with us.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules