Feature Request: Adjustable Yaw Rates
2138 10 2014-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
away-point
lvl.3

United States

DJI,

Please consider adding the ability for users to adjust the tx controller yaw rate, or, at minimum, reduce the responsiveness of the rudder/yaw control stick.

The yaw/rudder/turn behavior is unique to all the other control stick inputs in two ways. One, it is very sensitive to even the slightest movement. Secondly, unlike the other 6 controllable inputs, full deflection of the control stick is never needed nor wanted.  

I am confident I speak for many... A new refinement in yaw control rates would be much appreciated!

Thank you!  
2014-10-31
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Yep, a much needed addition indeed.
2014-10-31
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

adjustable response curve would be nice,  for all directional channels
2014-10-31
Use props
Kevinx4
New

United States

Well just remember that radios that have exponential rates are much much more expensive... which in our case would lead to a vast increase of price.
2014-10-31
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Kevinx4 Posted at 2014-11-1 01:56
Well just remember that radios that have exponential rates are much much more expensive... which in  ...

It isn't that much more expensive but it can be an optional TX if economics is an issue.
The 5.8 GHz  control kind of limits our choices to the OEM TX unless you change to the 2.4 GHz receiver.
2014-10-31
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

For those who are not yet aware, you can extend the sticks, which increases the movement arc, which decreases sensitivity. I've been doing this for a while and, together with generally practicing a light touch, it reduced the yaw herky-jerky by at least 50%.
2014-10-31
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Kevinx4 Posted at 2014-11-1 01:56
Well just remember that radios that have exponential rates are much much more expensive... which in  ...

That's true, but I don't believe we need anything that complicated.  I'd estimate than most of the time I'm using about 5% of the stick's throw.  If that same aircraft response resulted from 20 or 30% of the stick's range, it would make for much more precise camera movements -- without limiting any useful range in maneuverability.  
2014-10-31
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-11-1 07:18
For those who are not yet aware, you can extend the sticks, which increases the movement arc, which  ...

That's a very interesting idea.  Hadn't thought of that.  Thanks!
2014-10-31
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

There is already a way to make a yaw adjustment (see attached screen capture) I set mine to 30% and it made a significant difference.
Yaw adjustment.jpg
2014-10-31
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Actually, that adjustment is about how aggressively the NAZA attempts to maintain yaw, isn't it?
2014-11-1
Use props
ruudholswilder
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm also strongly supporting the request for better yaw control.
Adjusting the gain does not help very much.
Setting the gain to a lower value hardly effects the yaw rate and decreases the yaw stability.
I have experimented with this myself.

I recommend an update of Phantom RC Assistant Software with an exponential feature on all stick channels.

2014-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules