inspire2 sudden yaw movement since new firmware
1630 14 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans398ab8ad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448323 ft
  • >>>

Since the new firmware update i get a very strange uncontrolled yaw movement each time i land, it also apears in the air when the drone switches from gps to atti,

many of my shots are now ruined when this happens in mid air, i wish i had never updated ....
2018-4-27
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

My gimbal does the same but only on landing.I'm running a very old FW..
2018-4-27
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Same when mine lands on latest firmware. It also yaws 90º upon activation of RTH. I have not tested switching from GPS to Atti.
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your feedback, the issue has been reported to our engineers for further analysis and test, we will keep you updated if there is any progress, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-4-28
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here... randomly decide to ''I want to see what's behind me''.
2018-4-28
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another to add to the list.  Switching from gps to atti camera flips backwards.  Also upon landing.  Also to add some more for DJI.  Getting alot of GPS dropouts and reverting to Atti mode since this update.  Never had this before.  Reminds me of the original Inspire when it came out.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Cvanhoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 934869 ft

I am also having this issue. 90degree turn when switching from gps to atti. Also when landing.
Another issue with not being able to disable “landing check”. Only way to disable is to turn off downward visioning sensors.
2018-4-29
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issues with camera movement when switching from Position to ATTI or back.
Too bad we can't go back on the firmware now. Seems this just rendered the drone very problematic for us filmmakers.
2018-4-30
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sinds the latest update inspire 2,

i have:

1 - gimbal after landing turns to the left 170 degree
2 - today i did start, did fly to 6 meters up, suddendly did say : limeted hight in this eara!!!, what?, i did fly here always and there is no airfield or what so ever, compleet emty aerea for 40km.
3 - today suddenly the remote start to bieb fast after 3 sec on power on and red led blinking fast, aircraft not on jet ( i am not that fast), then shut down the remote and put it back on and the beebing is gone.
4 - gimbal in flight sudenly does the same like the landing, but now in mid air 170 dergee or so to the left horizontal
5 - i have never had it, bud now and then the go4 app hangs up and freez-up and does not come back, i have to restart the app
6- never had it, bud the gimbal drifts slowely to the right, when hanging still in the air and i do noting, it keeps going to drift in the horizontal line

So a lot of strange things go on after the update.

The only good thing i did get for free after 5 months is the 4 sets of battery's that have had the cell error are ok now! i had to buy 4 sets new becuase of that!!!, now i have 8 sets
( thanks DJI, but you can keep driving your expensif cars )
As a free gift i did get back a lot off strange things, like i did tell before ( point 1-6 )
So a lot of work still to do for DJI guys!!!
Sorry for my englisch

Vincent
2018-5-1
Use props
epeniata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5935650 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same gimbal issue on RTH and Landing.
2018-5-3
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Do you notice jumping around when you take pictures in interval mode and the drone is not even flying? Browse through them with say Windows Photos software and see it they are jumping around all over the place?
2018-5-4
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>

Any news with the update to fix this issue?
2018-5-30
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I also have this problem.....
2018-5-30
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m getting this as well, land and gimbal moves almost backwards.

Having a lot of GPS drop outs and switching to Atti, when this happens in flight the gimbal does the same, points sideways instead of straight ahead.

Are there other people here getting the GPS drop outs? I would like to know because when I got mine I was already on the new firmware, so I can’t compare to the old firmware.

Any input would be appreciated.
2018-6-1
Use props
Arthur Dent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38911 ft
United Kingdom

Any news on a fix for this problem?
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now