Another case of DJI not honoring warranty
1852 21 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377018 ft
Canada

I sent in my drone that is still covered under warranty about two weeks ago now and I received an email with an invoice stating I owed a fee. I called DJI and spoke to the representative and he said that they wrote under the file that it was crashed and therefore they aren't covering it. I have NEVER crashed or even come close to crashing my drone. The gimbal issue that I was experiencing ONLY started occurring after I received it back from the last repair a few months ago (in which they replaced the gimbal I was told). I can't believe DJI would falsely accuse me of crashing my drone just so they won't have to honor their warranty.
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for the inconvenience first. Could you tell us your case number here? I have tried to search via the forum info, but failed to get the right one. Thanks in advance!
2018-4-27
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Canada

CAS-1676751-C3K0B7
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for the case number, per the damage assessment, it seems there are marks on the lower cover where the gimbal roll arm hit, which indicates that the drone has been crashed, I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for more details and further support, we will have someone to contact you after investigation in working hours, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-28
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-28 20:23
Thank you for the case number, per the damage assessment, it seems there are marks on the lower cover where the gimbal roll arm hit, which indicates that the drone has been crashed, I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for more details and further support, we will have someone to contact you after investigation in working hours, thanks for your patience.

Like I said, the drone has never been crashed or in any accident since owning it. The gimbal was replaced the last time I sent it in a few months ago and you can check the case records for proof of that. I am severely surprised I am being falsely accused of something I didn't do. This drone has NOT been crashed.  Did they even check the flight records? I'm pretty sure a crash would show up on there if it was in one. And did they ever stop and once think that this issue could have been caused from their own mistake when replacing it in January?? This is beyond frustrating to be accused of something like this when it is not my fault.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-4-28 22:18
Like I said, the drone has never been crashed or in any accident since owning it. The gimbal was replaced the last time I sent it in a few months ago and you can check the case records for proof of that. I am severely surprised I am being falsely accused of something I didn't do. This drone has NOT been crashed.  Did they even check the flight records? I'm pretty sure a crash would show up on there if it was in one. And did they ever stop and once think that this issue could have been caused from their own mistake when replacing it in January?? This is beyond frustrating to be accused of something like this when it is not my fault.

No, the data analysis wasn't conducted, we have escalated your case to the higher department to follow up, they will contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-4-29
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2

Unbelievable. So now DJI is saying my drone is out of warranty, when THEY are the ones that CAUSED the gimbal issue in the first place during the last attempted repair. I only started getting this issue after receiving it back from the last repair and now I'm being told it's not being covered. How should I be liable for something that wasn't repaired properly when it was under warranty? First, I'm falsely accused of crashing it (which I never did), and now they aren't owning up to their mistake. Unbelievable.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-4-30 12:25
Unbelievable. So now DJI is saying my drone is out of warranty, when THEY are the ones that CAUSED the gimbal issue in the first place during the last attempted repair. I only started getting this issue after receiving it back from the last repair and now I'm being told it's not being covered. How should I be liable for something that wasn't repaired properly when it was under warranty? First, I'm falsely accused of crashing it (which I never did), and now they aren't owning up to their mistake. Unbelievable.

Hello Sir, our supervisor has contacted you and explained clearly, CAS-1390617-S7F4Q4 was delivered 01/31which you reported the gimbal cannot be centered issue and the gimbal has been replaced. On 2018/2/8, we were contacted about a broken SD card and it was replaced. Per the case calibration, there was no mention of any other issue, please check the screenshot below. There is a 30-day warranty on all repairs. You are outside of that 30-day window when you contact us again on 2018/4/13, we are sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided and our supervisor has provided another resolution, hope you can consider it, thank you. GTScreenshot_20180502_143653.png
2018-5-1
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-1 22:40
Hello Sir, our supervisor has contacted you and explained clearly, CAS-1390617-S7F4Q4 was delivered 01/31which you reported the gimbal cannot be centered issue and the gimbal has been replaced. On 2018/2/8, we were contacted about a broken SD card and it was replaced. Per the case calibration, there was no mention of any other issue, please check the screenshot below. There is a 30-day warranty on all repairs. You are outside of that 30-day window when you contact us again on 2018/4/13, we are sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided and our supervisor has provided another resolution, hope you can consider it, thank you.[view_image]

I have sent a reply to the person that emailed me with details and additional correspondence. As I live in Manitoba, which is one of the coldest places on Earth in January/February with temperatures of -30 to -40, I was told by DJI and others not to fly in temperatures that cold, so I never even had the chance to be able to test it out properly within the 30 day warranty following the repair. I am still highly confused why a customer should be held responsible for something that DJI made the mistake on.

That would be like if I was a mechanic, and you sent your car to me for engine repair, and then you received the car back with a smashed windshield, and then me telling you that you're responsible for the costs. Does that seem fair?

Please review the additional correspondence or pass on my message to the supervisor.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-5-2 12:54
I have sent a reply to the person that emailed me with details and additional correspondence. As I live in Manitoba, which is one of the coldest places on Earth in January/February with temperatures of -30 to -40, I was told by DJI and others not to fly in temperatures that cold, so I never even had the chance to be able to test it out properly within the 30 day warranty following the repair. I am still highly confused why a customer should be held responsible for something that DJI made the mistake on.

That would be like if I was a mechanic, and you sent your car to me for engine repair, and then you received the car back with a smashed windshield, and then me telling you that you're responsible for the costs. Does that seem fair?

We understand your concern, but customer should make flight test once the drone is shipped back from the facility, we only provide 30-day warranty if there is still any issue with the drone after repair. It has been passed almost two months and a half since you received the gimbal, our supervisor has made the final decision and provided the discount regarding your situation, we are terribly sorry that warranty service cannot be provided, thanks for your understanding very much.
2018-5-2
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Canada

I guess I will try to claim extended warranty through a provider since DJI has the worst customer service and warranty policy I have ever seen.  What kind of company breaks someone's belongings and then charges them for it? Telling me to fly a drone in the middle of winter in -35 temperatures while getting frost bite doesn't even make sense just to make sure it works? It would cause more damage that DJI warranty policy wouldn't cover flying in those conditions. What a way to treat a customer that just paid $2000 for a product. Unreal.
2018-5-3
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249088 ft
France

It's a shame that such great products are undermined by awful customer support. I've read so many things I'm now scared about my Mavic ever needing support!
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Entropia666 Posted at 2018-5-9 03:31
It's a shame that such great products are undermined by awful customer support. I've read so many things I'm now scared about my Mavic ever needing support!

Entropia, I'm sorry that you are feeling disappointed about our service. We are willing to help you if you have any problem with your drone. Please feel free to contact us when you have any doubt. And we will keep improving our service.
2018-5-9
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249088 ft
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-9 04:16
Entropia, I'm sorry that you are feeling disappointed about our service. We are willing to help you if you have any problem with your drone. Please feel free to contact us when you have any doubt. And we will keep improving our service.

I'm not disappointed of my drone, but I read so many things I'm scared about having to deal with the support in the future. I hope it doesn't correspond to reality...
2018-5-9
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2

0.9 out of 10 customer service ratings and dozens of dozens of people having the same issue about DJI not owning up to their warranty.  

I received my drone back in worse condition than went I sent it in for the last replacement of the gimbal. I ONLY started receiving the gimbal motor overload issue once I received it back, which means whoever replaced the gimbal WHILE it was under warranty, did an unsatisfactory job and caused the issue I am now experiencing since receiving it back, and now they are saying the customer is liable for their mistake.

I firmly believe I should not be charged anything for an issue that occurred while the drone was in the possession of DJI. Their own after-sales service policy states, and I quote directly from your website,
"WHEN RECEIVING SERVICE, DJI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PRODUCT ONLY WHILE IT IS IN DJI'S POSSESSION OR IN TRANSIT, IF DJI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION."
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Entropia666 Posted at 2018-5-9 06:30
I'm not disappointed of my drone, but I read so many things I'm scared about having to deal with the support in the future. I hope it doesn't correspond to reality...

I can understand your feeling. Please do not feel worry, I would recommend you inform us when you need help. I believe that our support will help you solve your problem. And feedback and suggestions are welcomed.
2018-5-10
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Canada

I received my drone back after repair and they incorrectly installed the wrong camera in my phantom 4 pro. The image quality is all blurry compared to before I sent it for repair.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-6-5 18:03
I received my drone back after repair and they incorrectly installed the wrong camera in my phantom 4 pro. The image quality is all blurry compared to before I sent it for repair.

We have replied your own thread, please keep us updated in your own thread, we will keep following up, thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-5
Use props
fans22bc76b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190600 ft
United States

Is it common practice for DJI to claim false crashes in order to not do warranty work? I sent  my Mavic pro in a few weeks ago and I the say your drone has physical damage and the picture they sent me shows a lil imprints from putting it on my carry bag, there was something hard that fell in to it and I don’t realize it to later. They re-inspected it had  me sent in flight data and just now I get and email saying oh we determined your drone was not crashed but you still need pay more then half what a new one will cost me in order to do the repairs I sent in because of a defective or not connected number 2 compass and they came up with all kind of other work that needs to be done. I was looking to upgrade to the Mavic 2 pro but with this experience I have a hard time giving out that kind of money to get a product without a warranty or a warranty with so many loop holes. Has any one encounter this same scenario?
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans22bc76b6 Posted at 8-2 17:43
Is it common practice for DJI to claim false crashes in order to not do warranty work? I sent  my Mavic pro in a few weeks ago and I the say your drone has physical damage and the picture they sent me shows a lil imprints from putting it on my carry bag, there was something hard that fell in to it and I don’t realize it to later. They re-inspected it had  me sent in flight data and just now I get and email saying oh we determined your drone was not crashed but you still need pay more then half what a new one will cost me in order to do the repairs I sent in because of a defective or not connected number 2 compass and they came up with all kind of other work that needs to be done. I was looking to upgrade to the Mavic 2 pro but with this experience I have a hard time giving out that kind of money to get a product without a warranty or a warranty with so many loop holes. Has any one encounter this same scenario?

Hi there, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, according to the damage assessment, the warranty was not provided because the physical impact damages were found, but we will escalate your concern to the appropriate team to double check, the team will contact you after verification, please wait patiently, thanks.
2019-8-2
Use props
fans22bc76b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190600 ft
United States

They re-check and determined that there was no impact damage but still said I need to pay for repairs
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans22bc76b6 Posted at 8-3 11:42
They re-check and determined that there was no impact damage but still said I need to pay for repairs

Sorry for the late response, upon checking the case, the final resolution hasn't be provided, the higher-level team is still working on it, they will contact you after verification, thank you for your patience.
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules