Battery Station Questions
774 6 2018-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Just got around to opening the box that my battery station charger came in.   Can anyone comment on the Ability to do these two things.  

1) I could not find a way to update firmware of the batteries with it.  After  trying it with no success found the link that describes the process and at the very end it says will be support in future version!   Not nice If this is the case, but i was sure people on this forum said they were able to update battery firmware with their charging station.

2) you cant seem to charge to storage values of either 25 of 50 percent.  You can only discharge to that,  so after a day of flying you need to come back and charge to close to the storage value you want by watching it and then stopping the charge. If you go over  you then have to discharge to the value you want.   Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance for any tips.  
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the firmware upgrade function of the batteries is still not available at the moment, please note the future release.
For the discharge function, it doesn't mean the battery station can charge the battery to 25 or 50 percent and then stop, it can only discharge the battery to the storage mode, for example, if the current level of your battery is 50%, if you toggle the switch to the 50% option, it will not discharge either charge, please check more details in user manual. Thank you. GTScreenshot_20180428_190952.png
2018-4-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-28 03:12
Hi there, the firmware upgrade function of the batteries is still not available at the moment, please note the future release.
For the discharge function, it doesn't mean the battery station can charge the battery to 25 or 50 percent and then stop, it can only discharge the battery to the storage mode, for example, if the current level of your battery is 50%, if you toggle the switch to the 50% option, it will not discharge either charge, please check more details in user manual. Thank you.[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.
I understood the discharge to storage level system then.  Its just that in other systems like this the charge will take a battery from any state 5% to 100% and charge/discharge to the desired state for storage.  The user just says to put it into storage mode.

You system means at the end of the day, you have to charge your battery, and if you exceed the target, you then have to switch it over to discharge it.  

I think the engineers should consider the approach the other chargers are using.

and when is the battery firmware capability update coming?   
2018-4-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-28 08:02
Thanks for the reply.
I understood the discharge to storage level system then.  Its just that in other systems like this the charge will take a battery from any state 5% to 100% and charge/discharge to the desired state for storage.  The user just says to put it into storage mode.

Hi FOF

I realize that this battery station does not have everything other high quality chargers offer, but this is a very big first step from DJI. I posted the battery FW updates was not available yet (a little disappointed) but Mindy said it will be coming in the next FW for the station. I am very happy with my Battery Station..... so nice.

Another nice thing to have added to the station ; is user settings menu allowing the temperature to be changed from *C to *F and some other charging options including discharge to 5% as recommended by DJI after 10 - 20 cycles

Lets see what will be done on the next FW update.

Rich
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-28 19:38
Hi FOF

I realize that this battery station does not have everything other high quality chargers offer, but this is a very big first step from DJI. I posted the battery FW updates was not available yet (a little disappointed) but Mindy said it will be coming in the next FW for the station. I am very happy with my Battery Station..... so nice.

Even though I'm in the US, I think it's time we embrace ºC and m/km.
2018-4-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-28 20:06
Even though I'm in the US, I think it's time we embrace ºC and m/km.

Yes,   I am very familiar with *C from my Power Transformer Engineering. Its just nice to be able to adjust these readings if needed.

Rich
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-28 08:02
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the late response, we understand that there are things we need to improve and we will keep moving, hope your experience with our product will be better in the future.
I do not have the estimated date when the battery can be updated via battery station, please note our website.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules