Return To Home Issue
2940 10 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

Since last firmware update I cannot set a return to home point. Keeps telling me the height is set to zero when I have 30m set in the app. also the RC week GPS signal. Everything was OK till the update. Hope someone out there has a clue. Not game enough to fly till is is resolved
2015-5-9
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Do a search on the RTH problem. There is a lot information on the board about it.
2015-5-10
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-5-11 03:14
Do a search on the RTH problem. There is a lot information on the board about it.

Thanks for that. Have discovered in the sim that as you fly the alt is changing to where you are at. When rth activated it sets the highest alt as return to home. It you fly below the failsafe set in the app it will climb to that and return at that alt. Don't know if this is a new feature ??? I'm using iOS air pad.
2015-5-10
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-5-11 07:04
Thanks for that. Have discovered in the sim that as you fly the alt is changing to where you are a ...

The RTH feature is nothing new .....
The return to home feature started with the first dji phantom quad copters and yes it's working the way it's supposed to which is a good thing . On your inspire one you have three choices for RTH .....
1. Go to the recorded takeoff home point.
2. Go to the inspires Hovering or current location and land , by selecting the birds present location as the Dynamic home point.
3. Go to the RC controller location , by selecting the RC as the new Dynamic home point.
I tested the features several times recently and everything worked as it should with the latest firmware .
2015-5-10
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

daver/m Posted at 2015-5-11 10:35
The RTH feature is nothing new .....
The return to home feature started with the first dji phanto ...

Didn't know it would return home at the max alt it had flown to. Agree that is a good thing. Just went out to fly the bird and now I it won't set a RTH point. Had no problems before the update. Have noticed on other posts others had this problem before the update and the update sorted it out. For me it looks like its gone the other way.
2015-5-10
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

I'm not sure if I understand the problem your having , setting Rth Altitude in the pilot app ?  Or the max flight altitude and or distance limits ?..Or Getting a home point lock on takeoff, or resetting a new homepoint to the RC in flight ?
2015-5-16
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

daver/m Posted at 2015-5-17 06:03
I'm not sure if I understand the problem your having , setting Rth Altitude in the pilot app ?  Or t ...

Looks like the problem has gone away. I could not set a RTH point. All of a sudden its working.
I have notice that the Pilot app has updated 3 days ago.
2015-5-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-5-17 09:28
Looks like the problem has gone away. I could not set a RTH point. All of a sudden its working.
I  ...

Glad to hear you got it figured out.
2015-5-16
Use props
jbadallas
New

United States

I have the same problem where the RTH isn't working on my P3 Advanced.  I'm using the iOS app.  The P3 will land at the location you activate the RTH.  I've tested it numerous times and it does the same each time.  It also doesn't hold the set RTH altitude which I program in also.  I've recalibrated the IMU, compass, etc.  No go.  I don't take off until the home point is set and I have 16 satellite GPS lock.  I'm pretty gun shy to fly out of sight because I'm afraid the drone won't return if I lose the signal.  I have all the firmware updates and latest app too.  Can anybody help?
2015-5-24
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 is less than 20 meters from the Home Point when RTH is activated, the aircraft will NOT climb to programmed RTH height and it will NOT return to Home Point location; instead, it will immediately descend and land where it is.  If the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 is more than 20 meters from Home Point when RTH is activated, it will climb to programmed RTH altitude and then it will return to Home Point and descend and land.  This modified RTH behavior when less than 20 meters from Home Point is a documented "feature" in the Inspire 1 firmware update notes (effective with JAN 2015 firmware update) and is NOT documented in the most recent Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 Owner's Manual.  I do not like the RTH behavior when the aircraft is less than 20 meters from home.  I think this should be a user selectable choice and, in fact, I thought it was as there is a setting for RTH behavior in the IOS DJI Pilot app for RC signal lost (return-to-home OR Landing).  Why DJI chose to override this setting when the I1 or P3 is less than 20 meters from home point is a mystery to me.
2015-5-25
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-5-26 12:55
If the Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 is less than 20 meters from the Home Point when RTH is activated, the  ...

Thanks David. The problem I still have is I can't set a RTH manually on the app. but as soon as I start up to take off the RTH sets and works OK.  This only happened since the last firmware update. Guess its OK because it is still setting. I just have to make sure it has before I take off.

2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules