Brand new Spark won't fly, please help!
5372 30 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a first-time DJI user, I have just got a Spark, it arrived new from DJI this week. I started it up with the DJI Go 4 app and updated all of the firmware for both the controller and the drone itself.

However the drone refuses to accept that the firmware is all up-to-date. When the Go 4 app starts up it says "firmware all up-to-date", but on the actual flight screen the aircraft is "locked", and the overall status has a note for "latest firmware" (see photos). The drone lights are all red and take-off fails everytime I try.

I have attempted to connect the drone to my pc using DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.3 but the assistant seems useless and I can't get anything from it except a diagram of "how to connect to Inspire 2". I have tried to enable the tools by editing the "dev tools" code but Assistant 2 v1.2.3 doesn't seem to have the raw "main" code for editing.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help? I'd really appreciate it, this is my first drone so I'd love to take it to the sky but doesn't seem at all promising at the mo...

Thanks
Screenshot_20180428-142130.png
Screenshot_20180428-142136.png
Screenshot_20180428-142146.png
2018-4-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Restart your drone by first removing the battery. Then reset your drone by pressing the power button until you here three beeps.
Reset the rc by pressing the RC power button.
Restart the mobile device.
Must be connected to the  internet.
2018-4-28
Use props
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks S.J.
I have tried all of the above, and the same in various combinations.
2018-4-28
Use props
Atheist1985
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hey Lava... I have exactly the same problem... Spent a whole saturday for nothing... Very very disappointing...

Same problems are described here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-145781-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-145934-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-145845-1-1.html
2018-4-28
Use props
mikiwatooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429642 ft

I just wonder how the dji is going to fix it. Will the new software fix it or everyone will have to send drone for repair. I have already gave mine back to store for replacement but it won't help unless they hotfix the issue
2018-4-28
Use props
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the message Atheist..., that pretty much proves that it's the software and not a faulty batch of Sparks being sent out this week.
DJI seems to be trying to gather as much info from everyone on the forums as possible, hopefully they'll come up with a solution soon
2018-4-28
Use props
Shady_Sirhan
New
Israel

Details that may help you.
Android, new spark (just bought today), everything is updated i guess(see screenshots)
Screenshot_20180429-023212.png
Screenshot_20180429-023144.png
2018-4-28
Use props
Shady_Sirhan
New
Israel

I also noticed an issue with scanning barcode, i got error like: "barcode is not clear..."
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Another affected guy over here. Exactly same problem
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Shady_Sirhan Posted at 2018-4-28 15:36
Details that may help you.
Android, new spark (just bought today), everything is updated i guess(see screenshots)

Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. The situation was forwarded and our engineers are working on it. Please provide our the update log of database: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL And I would recommend you use IPhone to update the database. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-28
Use props
judgemstr
lvl.2
United States

Same issue here, I didn't want to spend $600 on a drone that won't take off right out of the box. This is very disappointing. If it is not fixed by Monday, I am returning it getting my money back. Before you ask what troubleshooting I did, I updated all the firmware for everything. I even reverted the firmware back. The issue is in the app that is required. Seems that DJI employs sub par programmers for their app. S/N 0ASDE7W0B100G1.
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-28 19:43
Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. The situation was forwarded and our engineers are working on it. Please provide our the update log of database: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL And I would recommend you use IPhone to update the database. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Are u sure an iphone will make the spark unlock ed and worked? Currently my locked Spark is already updated with the latest firmware using andriod, if I buy an iphone now, what are the steps to unlock the spark? Do i just simply connect my Spark to iphone via wifi and the things will work from there?
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 20:35
Are u sure an iphone will make the spark unlock ed and worked? Currently my locked Spark is already updated with the latest firmware using andriod, if I buy an iphone now, what are the steps to unlock the spark? Do i just simply connect my Spark to iphone via wifi and the things will work from there?

I would just want to confirm whether iphone will works because I do not want to be caught in the situation of wasting money to buy an iphone and later realised that the spark is still locked.
2018-4-28
Use props
Mozadrone
New
Flight distance : 33543 ft
Mozambique

I am having the exact same problem with my new Spark.  I've tried updating firmware, rolling back firmware...updating again.  Always locked.  I have yet to see the rotors spin on my new "toy".
2018-4-28
Use props
judgemstr
lvl.2
United States

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.
2018-4-28
Use props
xrismak
New
Flight distance : 794 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here also... Aircraft locked. All the APK and firmware is the latest and newest.  All functions work
but the quadcopter just Refuses to Start for take off due to ( locked ) Status..... I have been trying for the last 2 days.....
I wish DJI can do something About this PROBLEM pretty Quick with an Updated funtional Software...
2018-4-28
Use props
xrismak
New
United Kingdom

judgemstr Posted at 2018-4-28 21:10
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

Do we Delete the the V 4.12 App and install this one ?
2018-4-28
Use props
judgemstr
lvl.2
United States

xrismak Posted at 2018-4-28 21:18
Do we Delete the the V 4.12 App and install this one ?

Yes delete it as you will be using the older version of the app.
2018-4-28
Use props
Mozadrone
New
Flight distance : 33543 ft
Mozambique

judgemstr Posted at 2018-4-28 21:19
Yes delete it as you will be using the older version of the app.

Thank you judgemstr.  All green on my Spark now.  
2018-4-28
Use props
xrismak
New
United Kingdom

Yesssssssssss, Yesssssss, it Worked I Flew it in Doors.... Hooooraayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !
2018-4-28
Use props
xrismak
New
United Kingdom

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

This Version Worked, Thanks A Billion.... Yahooooooooooo
2018-4-28
Use props
xrismak
New
United Kingdom

I Had to Take it Out of Beginner Mode to get it to Fly indoors.... hahahahahahahaha
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-28 19:43
Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. The situation was forwarded and our engineers are working on it. Please provide our the update log of database: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL And I would recommend you use IPhone to update the database. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Hi my google drive link to my spark log data is below.

I am usung android version 7 on Huawei mate 8.

My serial number is 0ASDE871C100MW.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... UGsoRtn1Fr9RQ9HkYsf
2018-4-28
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

Hey judgemstr, My spark is able to fly too after deleting the latest firmware and download the previous version from your link! Thanks so much! I am off sparkling!
2018-4-28
Use props
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

judgemstr: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ use this as the current apk is broken. I had the same error and reverted to this version and was able to fly.

Hi judgemstr, my android phone won't download the older version from your link, any tips?
2018-4-28
Use props
Lava_Drone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

judgemstr !! Thank you SO much for your solution!! Got it to work and my drone just took off for the first time ever!! Thank you!!
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 22:22
Hi my google drive link to my spark log data is below.

I am usung android version 7 on Huawei mate 8.

Thanks for your update, I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-4-29
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

If all you guys search for Dumbl_edore (without underscore) you can unlock the drone this way.
2018-4-29
Use props
Ooiks
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-29 03:35
Thanks for your update, I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

Although my spark has been unlock and able to fly now thanks to the sloution by Judgemstr, still, i would like to thank you so much for forwarding my log data to the engineering team, Elektra.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-29 04:26
Although my spark has been unlock and able to fly now thanks to the sloution by Judgemstr, still, i would like to thank you so much for forwarding my log data to the engineering team, Elektra.

You are welcomed. Glad the problem was solved. Please keep us updated, if there is anything wrong.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ooiks Posted at 2018-4-28 20:39
I would just want to confirm whether iphone will works because I do not want to be caught in the situation of wasting money to buy an iphone and later realised that the spark is still locked.

Sorry for your situation. Did you have friends with IPhone? You can use it to update the database first and  then continue to use Android device.
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules