Go 4 says AC disconnected but RC and AC say they are
1405 6 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akAir
lvl.1
United States

Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I have a new Air that was working fine. I've only flown two days but was very impressed and flew with this phone out to 2500ft and back no problems. Now I am sitting in my house on a rainy day and just wanted to go through some of the gimbal and camera settings for future flights. I was connected and had adjusted gimbal speed and had been making adjustments to the camera settings in manual and was goign to make adjustments to the sensitivity etc., and then lost connection to the AC which was perhaps .5 meters away from me.

Since then I've gone through various methods of connecting. In one case the app shows looking for update and then I get the Go Fly but just as fast it starts to check for updates again and the app shows disconneted from the AC.

I have tried to enter device via wired connection and when I click through the screens on the app I keep getting a popup that says "Sorry, this video cannot be played." What? I had never seen that before and I'm not selecting any video!

Keep in mind, the RC light is green and the AC light is flashing green, but app says not connected.

So now I can try via camera only mode. I tell it to search for freqs and the RC beeps and flashes red, the AC function led starts flashing fast yellow. I push the function button until it beeps, and then the RC and AC link, green lights. Good. Except the app still says the AC is disconnected.

Why would it connect for only a few seconds sitting right next to me and then disconnect? Why does the RC show green and AC function led flash green yet app in camera mode says disconnected?

2018-4-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried changing the cable, has a test use your phone cable to the bottom usb port and see if it fixes your issue
2018-4-28
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Suren Posted at 2018-4-28 12:50
Have you tried changing the cable, has a test use your phone cable to the bottom usb port and see if it fixes your issue

ya beat me to it.. LOL   DJI makes a FANTASTIC Aircraft.  However, their USB cable vendor is terrible.  Try another known good cable on it and see what happens.  

IF the controller sees the Aircraft and the Aircraft sees the Controller, but the controller can't see the phone, then replace the cable connecting the two.  Start simple..
2018-4-28
Use props
akAir
lvl.1
United States

No, I haven't tried another cable. The Phone is still connected to the RC, that's not the issue. It seems to be a software issue between the RC and the application IMO. I have backed out of the app and it still shows RC Connected,

I will try another cable to the bottom USB port and see what happens just for grins.
2018-4-28
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I flew with the new version of DJIGO4 on my Mavic Pro two days ago. There DJIGO4 also reported that AC was disconected, even though I could both view the camera on my monitor and control both the camera on the monitor and the controller. I suppose there is a programming error in DJIGO4 for Android.

I switched to Litchi and flew on without any problems.

Bad that DJI continues to deliver malfunctioning software and want us to update to the latest edition all the time.   

Regards Leif.
2018-4-28
Use props
akAir
lvl.1
United States

Well for now it's one of those mystery problems. When it was malfunctioning I had tried more than once to disconnect and reconnect the phone. Power off the phone etc.. But I had not changed my location in the house. For now, I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

So as suggested I tried another cable into the bottom port and things seemed to be working. But to be thorough I then went back to the OEM cable, and things seemed to work there too. Great. At this point I was done playing and took it out for some short flights to test control. Seems fine. After things recharge I'll play again back in my original location and see if it was some interference issue. Perhaps because my laptop was nearby with wi-fi going? Puzzled for now but happy it is working AND if that little OEM cable fails I have a fallback.
2018-4-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-28 14:01
ya beat me to it.. LOL   DJI makes a FANTASTIC Aircraft.  However, their USB cable vendor is terrible.  Try another known good cable on it and see what happens.  

IF the controller sees the Aircraft and the Aircraft sees the Controller, but the controller can't see the phone, then replace the cable connecting the two.  Start simple..

Quick on the Draw
2018-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules