Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera Shake drone wobble
11604 27 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wallie78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5402064 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

Noticed the drone wobbles like crazy when I have been landing recently and my footage has been shaky also.

After reading back on threads I dropped back to an old Firmware version and the wobble is gone when I land but the shaky fooatge is still present?

Anyone else had this issue and has a fix, driving me crazy and have heaps of jobs this week?

Thanks, Nick
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Post a short piece of camera original footage exhibiting the problem to Dropbox, then we can look at it for you.
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 18:48
Post a short piece of camera original footage exhibiting the problem to Dropbox, then we can look at it for you.

OK thanks, here's a file on vimeo, you can see the shake quite noticeably.

Password - shake

It had new props on and Shutter was double frame rate.

Thanks in advance
2018-4-28
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 19:07
OK thanks, here's a file on vimeo, you can see the shake quite noticeably.

No link visible
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 19:07
OK thanks, here's a file on vimeo, you can see the shake quite noticeably.

To make any sort of diagnosis, it is best to upload a piece of original material to Dropbox. Once you send it to Vimeo or Youtube, it changes everything.
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Sorry here is link, was wrong file

Password - shaky
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 19:11
To make any sort of diagnosis, it is best to upload a piece of original material to Dropbox. Once you send it to Vimeo or Youtube, it changes everything.

Its exactly the same via vimeo, you can see the shake very easily in this vimeo link the same as me previewing it in QT...
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Any thoughts after seeing the video??
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 19:11
To make any sort of diagnosis, it is best to upload a piece of original material to Dropbox. Once you send it to Vimeo or Youtube, it changes everything.

2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 19:24

Yes, the gimbal is vibrating. You may be able to see this by just running up the motors without taking off. If the gimbal vibrates, you may need to send it back to DJI for repair. If it only shakes when in the air, then you may have one or more out of ballance props. Examin the props to see if there are any nicks out of them, if so replace them. If you still have the problem, then look at replacing all the props.
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 19:40
Yes, the gimbal is vibrating. You may be able to see this by just running up the motors without taking off. If the gimbal vibrates, you may need to send it back to DJI for repair. If it only shakes when in the air, then you may have one or more out of ballance props. Examin the props to see if there are any nicks out of them, if so replace them. If you still have the problem, then look at replacing all the props.

Thanks so much, I had replaced the props but could be a dodgy one in the new set also...I'll try some new ones ;-)
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 19:48
Thanks so much, I had replaced the props but could be a dodgy one in the new set also...I'll try some new ones ;-)

If you install a new set, it is not very expensive. But if this does not fix the problem, there is another possibility, there was a version of firmware that showed this problem, updating to the latest may fix it.
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 20:20
If you install a new set, it is not very expensive. But if this does not fix the problem, there is another possibility, there was a version of firmware that showed this problem, updating to the latest may fix it.

Thanks, I actually updated to new firmware and the problem was still there so I went back a few updates and it got rid of the frame shake when I land. Issue with the footage still unfortunately remains!
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-28 20:20

Just tried new props...still have this shake in the footage..have so many jobs coming up I need this drone for so I cannot afford to send this away for 3 weeks...such bad timing
2018-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 21:16
Just tried new props...still have this shake in the footage..have so many jobs coming up I need this drone for so I cannot afford to send this away for 3 weeks...such bad timing

Having changed the props, that would tend to eliminate unbalanced props as the cause, unfortunately the next step would be to send the aircraft to DJI for repair. Sorry.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Nick, sorry for the late response. It seems that I come too late as I do not find any link of issue video...
Regarding the gimbal shake, does it only appear on the ground or in the air? If it is the latter, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-4
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-4 02:56
Hi Nick, sorry for the late response. It seems that I come too late as I do not find any link of issue video...
Regarding the gimbal shake, does it only appear on the ground or in the air? If it is the latter, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi again Susan, I still have this problem. The footage is now unusable..I am 4 months out of DJI care  warranty and am I now expected to have to pay for this to be repaired? The drone was in perfect condition and then one day the footage is shaky after the firmware update? What should I do? I went to an old firmware update and the footage is still bad? I need this drone for work...
2018-6-4
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

Try this... take props off... start motors... and feel with your hand or back of hand or even lips on the plastic near the motors. If you feel vibrations on one of the motors it could be out of balance... and there are tips on youtube how to put tape on a motor to rebalance it. Also carefully with props on and securely tied down to ground so it cant take off see if there is vibration worse on any one corner with one prop at a time...
When you update firmware, calibrate gimbal and IMU but make sure you check your surface is level with a spirt level. Good luck. Another thing to check... if you have had any prangs with copter check gimbal isnt loose... see if there is any loose play when you hold it firm in all three of the axis... it shouldnt click or have any bearing play at all. If its loose it will shudder on the motor for sure. Use to have this on Phantom3... there are ways to fix this or replace gimbal.
2018-6-5
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.4
Australia

truthseekers Posted at 2018-6-5 01:58
Try this... take props off... start motors... and feel with your hand or back of hand or even lips on the plastic near the motors. If you feel vibrations on one of the motors it could be out of balance... and there are tips on youtube how to put tape on a motor to rebalance it. Also carefully with props on and securely tied down to ground so it cant take off see if there is vibration worse on any one corner with one prop at a time...
When you update firmware, calibrate gimbal and IMU but make sure you check your surface is level with a spirt level. Good luck. Another thing to check... if you have had any prangs with copter check gimbal isnt loose... see if there is any loose play when you hold it firm in all three of the axis... it shouldnt click or have any bearing play at all. If its loose it will shudder on the motor for sure. Use to have this on Phantom3... there are ways to fix this or replace gimbal.

Thanks so much, will try all above, much appreciated!
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-6-4 23:43
Hi again Susan, I still have this problem. The footage is now unusable..I am 4 months out of DJI care  warranty and am I now expected to have to pay for this to be repaired? The drone was in perfect condition and then one day the footage is shaky after the firmware update? What should I do? I went to an old firmware update and the footage is still bad? I need this drone for work...

Thanks for the clarification. After the local team received the unit and did the damage assessment, we can offer you a proper solution. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-6-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had this too with the latest firmware, so i downgraded to .602 and wobbling upon take off and landing is gone. Before i was too late and cracks appeared in armvents. In did send it back to fji and they send me a replacement , it was still under warranty. When the replacement came it had the latest firmware installed and yes again upon take off/ landing with the drone legs touching the ground it was still shaking. I downgraded again to 602, which i still have now. But reported this few months ago , but seems or engineers are not fixing it or they havent actually found the cause. But its the latest fw
2018-6-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe the sollution are the new lownoise props? But this is just guessing
2018-6-12
Use props
Sidesumi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61470 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/y3cZHsyNmwQ
2019-11-11
Use props
Sidesumi
lvl.2
United States

https://youtu.be/y3cZHsyNmwQ
2019-11-11
Use props
Sidesumi
lvl.2
United States

watched this vid easy fix...https://youtu.be/y3cZHsyNmwQ
2019-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sidesumi Posted at 11-11 13:46
watched this vid easy fix...https://youtu.be/y3cZHsyNmwQ

That's fine if you have a Mavic, the OP here has a P4 and the P4 does not have that type of mounting.
2019-11-11
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Without doing a lot of guessing about the motors, I down loaded an app for checking vibration. There are many for free. without the props on test the end of the arms at the same place with the corner of your phone. You get a clear readout on each motor. That tells if it is a motor problem. Now, put the props on and start it up. Use your own discretion. I have no problem doing this, others may. Repeat the same test. Replace the prop with the most vibrations. Continue till you are happy and have the least vibrations as possible. That will rule out the motors and props. If it still persists the problem is elsewhere.  

With it turned on, watch your gimbal's movement. Move the camera up and down and watch and see if there is a shutter at any point. It could be a bad gimbal motor. I wish you the best of luck.
2019-11-11
Use props
vitaliyburov
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I think it could be the camera stabilization that is causing some shaking. I have noticed that my slight finger movement can shake the drone. I am new to this toy and there is so much to learn about it... Keep us posted on your solution. I would love to know the solution.
2021-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules