Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What if I fly into a no fly zone?
7652 27 2018-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just another drone guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

So my question is what if you fly into a no fly zone? If I do will the aircraft land automatically or will it stop at the no fly zone?
2018-4-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

or you will be striped and searched and big BUBBA will be your boyfriend for the duration of your stay
2018-4-28
Use props
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding is that If the AC has good GPS signal it would not be permitted to enter a NFZ. If it got into a NFZ due to weak or no GPS signal, then somehow re-acquires GPS, it would then be forced to land (not RTH). At that point you can still try to maneuver it out of the NFZ with stick control other than throttle.

I would always research and understand the environment before taking off in order to avoid this type of hairy situation.
2018-4-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

For myself if I ever got a warning that there was a NFZ where I was ready to take off I would simply leave the area and go so other place,  why would anyone take a chance and fly in a NFZ?
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-28 21:38
For myself if I ever got a warning that there was a NFZ where I was ready to take off I would simply leave the area and go so other place,  why would anyone take a chance and fly in a NFZ?

I think 'Just another drone guy' meant that drone started well outside a NFZ, but for whatever reason it flew into (or attempted to fly into) a NFZ - what would happen.
2018-4-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

most likely, but as for myself if that would happen I would leave.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-4-28 20:52
or you will be striped and searched and big BUBBA will be your boyfriend for the duration of your stay

I think it depends upon what the NFZ entails or is.

Flying into White House NFZ or Area 51 is one thing.
Flying into NFZ of unmanned airport or remote area of vast National park is another.

2018-4-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Then you will NO FLY
2018-4-28
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

you cannot enter in to a nfz is you are in air ..if you are in to a nfz you cannot start engines to fly
2018-4-28
Use props
Gregbella
Captain
Australia

Don’t get in that position to start with check before you start flying
2018-4-29
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I get a message warning me I'm approaching a NFZ around a detention center. I always turn around at this point as I don't want to chance my Mavic being forced to land.
2018-4-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It depends what level of restriction is in place where you are flying. If you hit an enhanced warning zone you will need to agree to a disclaimer in the app that will pop up and you can continue to fly. If you continue on your flight path into the NFZ and hit a restricted zone (red) your drone will land and there is nothing you can do to stop it, not even RTH. You also can not take off in red zones.
2018-4-29
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

You cannot take off in NFZ. There will be a lot of notification if you fly them near NFZ. If you took off outside of NFZ, the built in geofencing will prevent you from moving forward into the NFZ. The NFZ is shaped like an inverted cone so the higher you go, the bigger the NFZ is.
2018-4-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK. I live near a class G airport and have a custom unlock via DJI support. This unlock took a bit of authorization to get sorted and now I can fly into and around a NFZ class G airport. Occasionally,  I wander a bit too close to an unseen grassy airstrip and what happens is a BIG RED ALERT is posted on the display, an alert sound plays and the drone stops in it's tracks. It did not land or RTH, just would not let me move that direction further. My action was to do a 180 and clear the area and continued flying and avoid that boundary.

You can always check Here if you are unsure of DJI NFZ zones.

The image below shows my normal flight plan/path when flying on good days.

Red = NFZ BOUNDRY

Red = NFZ BOUNDRY
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-28 23:02
Then you will NO FLY

You are on fire today lol.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-29 05:10
It depends what level of restriction is in place where you are flying. If you hit an enhanced warning zone you will need to agree to a disclaimer in the app that will pop up and you can continue to fly. If you continue on your flight path into the NFZ and hit a restricted zone (red) your drone will land and there is nothing you can do to stop it, not even RTH. You also can not take off in red zones.

nice to know
2018-4-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-29 07:34
You are on fire today lol.

Bored due to wind nothing else to do
2018-4-29
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-29 08:04

yeah wind yesterday and raid today.  Cannot win for losing lol.
2018-4-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-29 08:15
yeah wind yesterday and raid today.  Cannot win for losing lol.

Wind speeds here around 65km and gusts just over 80 according to UAV, tried to go up but the way the Pro was get blown to the sides at 50 meters decided against it and brought it down. A shame really wanted to try out the Litchi app today
2018-4-29
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 22:29
I think 'Just another drone guy' meant that drone started well outside a NFZ, but for whatever reason it flew into (or attempted to fly into) a NFZ - what would happen.

ya that's what I mean if I fly into it during flight
2018-4-29
Use props
GLJones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

I live right on the edge of the Disney World NFZ.  Drone will not take off in the zone.  If I fly toward the zone, it's just like the Collision Detection system sees a big wall and the drone just stops.  
2018-4-29
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Hi

Our construction site is next to the outer border of the INT AIRPORT NFZ (red zone) and almost 99% of the construction site covered by NFZ , we need to take aerial shot of the construction activities but DJI GO 4 naturally does not allow  Mavic 2 Pro  to takeoff. We got the legal permission from Civil Aviation Authorities then forwarded this to DJI Safe Flight Website to unlock the zone temporary (only one day). DJI Go 4 this time updated itself and allowed to drone take off. Then we checked the Litchi but it still thinks we are in the locked NFZ and refused to takeoff.  We did all possible variants such as turn- on the DJI GO4 first then turn-off and turn-on the Litchi but nothing worked. Litchi simply cannot recognize the unlocked NFZ or simply cannot update itself?

We can still stick on the  DJI Go 4 but we desperately need to use Litchi for its waypoint function, which is most practical function to capture the civil works activities.

Does anyone please advise what we are doing wrong or what is wrong?

2018-11-29
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 4-29 05:10
It depends what level of restriction is in place where you are flying. If you hit an enhanced warning zone you will need to agree to a disclaimer in the app that will pop up and you can continue to fly. If you continue on your flight path into the NFZ and hit a restricted zone (red) your drone will land and there is nothing you can do to stop it, not even RTH. You also can not take off in red zones.

^^^^^This^^^^^
2018-11-29
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 4-29 08:04

I know that feeling very well, winter hits here and the wind just doesn't see much and when it does it pours with rain lol
2018-11-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

dronist Posted at 4-28 20:52

no no not Bubba, oh please not Bubba!!!! lol,  most likely a warning would show that you are near a NFZ before you started a flight and in that case most of us would choose another place to fly our drone, not worth taking the chance, ruins it for the rest of us if something happens.
2018-11-29
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 11-29 10:15
no no not Bubba, oh please not Bubba!!!! lol,  most likely a warning would show that you are near a NFZ before you started a flight and in that case most of us would choose another place to fly our drone, not worth taking the chance, ruins it for the rest of us if something happens.

I guess you DON'T like Big Bubba... But that will be a great choice.

2018-12-9
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-9
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-9 22:06
I don't know for sure if it will work but have you tried DJI GSPro for iOS? It does waypoints and supports the mavic 2. Not sure if it will pick up on the unlock code but it is a DJI app so maybe?

Thanks Brett , will give a try on ipad
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules