Please delete admin
2018-4-28
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24098 ft
Australia

Using DJI for short distance delivery

I developed a concept app for using Phantom 3 or 4 (or others if working) to make short distance lightweight deliveries. The app flies from your location to the coordinates you provide from Google Map and hovers around the delvery point for 10 seconds and then comes back to home point (or you could choose to land at delivery point).Please use it wit caustion and make sure you know where your delivery point is and you have enough battery to get there. I suggest trial for 10m distance first to get the hang of it.
The next stage is to connect an automatic release lock so the delivery can drop there (possibly GPS comtrolled lock).

Android only app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jorc.amirdeliveroo

Let me know any suggestion or anyone like to collaborate on the project.

2018-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You posted this 4 days ago.  
Now you're just spamming
2018-4-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

That was a different sub group. Are you the spam police or someone with a lot of time to waste?!
2018-4-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Just keep in the line of sight and there is nothing illegal. You seem a bit obsessed in something that has nothing to do with you!
2018-4-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

The fact that you are not a lawyer and making legal comments shows how concerned you are about illegal stuff.
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

One way or the other you're advertising a product or upcomming product of yours and advertising in this forum is not allowed according the forum rules.
I also noticed your other thread and your comparison with other companies won't hold as the other companies would be using their own drones for what ever test acceptance they might have got
But from the sound of it your product would be using random peoples drones being in random conditions you can't know and therefore never would be granted license to have flying around on the wild.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

We would not recommend users attach anything on the drone. And the delivery place may set in the place with crowd. I think this project is not practical.Thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Not sure if any of you guys understand that Pix4D Capture does the same thing and it is made for DJI products. I dont think any of you has any idea about my app. No one seem to have tested my app yet follows some dumb person to comment. If Pix4D Capture is not illegal then neither is mine. Please stop trolling this post whoever is rushing to comment on the app without testing it.
2018-4-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here in the UK is legal or against regulations to carry or drop anything from the UAV, deffo drop, not 100% about carry to be honest, Article 94 says

(1) A person must not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not
attached to a parachute) to be dropped from a small unmanned aircraft so as to
endanger persons or property.

BUT, then there is a catch all of which hanging sommat from a drone would come under...

(2) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft may only fly the aircraft if
reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made.

As would Article 241 of the ANO

A person must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger
any person or property

Carrying an item would be reckless
You are correct in saying your APP is LEGAL, no qualms there, the issue is with the drones themselves and carrying objects....

Good luck with your app but i am afraid, at this time, it is not going to be winning viral app of the year

2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I pulled all my comments im over these issues.
2018-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-4-29 19:39
Not sure if any of you guys understand that Pix4D Capture does the same thing and it is made for DJI products. I dont think any of you has any idea about my app. No one seem to have tested my app yet follows some dumb person to comment. If Pix4D Capture is not illegal then neither is mine. Please stop trolling this post whoever is rushing to comment on the app without testing it.

I dont think any of you has any idea about my app.

I have my own doubts about whether you do yourself.
The reason no-one knows about your app is that you've not explained anything about it.
Apart from the legality issues (which you definitely don't understand) the Phantom is pretty useless for delivering anything anyway.
There are several good reasons why drones aren't being used for deliveries.
I would be curious to know what you've done to allow for trees, powerlines, buildings and other obstacles which could be a big issue.
2018-4-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Has anyone here developed an app before? I am gathering no one know how you develop and commission an app.
2018-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-4-29 23:28
Has anyone here developed an app before? I am gathering no one know how you develop and commission an app.

Does it matter who has developed an app?
How about giving an explanation of some details of the app you've developed instead of just spamming us with your announcement and then being cranky when anyone responds?
2018-4-30
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

You may want to check Civil Aviation Safety Regulation part 101 (CASR 101) in Australia which prohibits dropping anything from a RPA (drone).  Similar to Bashy's post #10.  You will probably find it is pretty standard world-wide.

Also you may have missed this case:
https://www.theage.com.au/nation ... 0161109-gsl3q2.html
2018-4-30
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

endotherm Posted at 2018-4-30 04:59
You may want to check Civil Aviation Safety Regulation part 101 (CASR 101) in Australia which prohibits dropping anything from a RPA (drone).  Similar to Bashy's post #10.  You will probably find it is pretty standard world-wide.

Also you may have missed this case:

This app is not for dropping stuff! Not sure why everyone jumps into stupid conclusions without trying something!
2018-5-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-23 20:35
This app is not for dropping stuff! Not sure why everyone jumps into stupid conclusions without trying something!

Convince me than why I should try your product. What is it? What it does?
2018-5-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Why do you now want it deleted?
This thread now contain good and practical information.

Just because you made a new thread (again) you're still spamming us with advertisement of your app.

2018-5-23
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-23 20:35

Read post #2 posted by... YOU.
"The next stage is to connect an automatic release lock so the delivery can drop there (possibly GPS comtrolled lock)."  I suppose at some point in the delivery, you intended to release the payload.

I didn't jump to any sort of stupid conclusion, I read and comprehended the thread, then offered advice.

I should point out creating multiple threads on the same subject is a breach of the forum rules published by DJI.  Their forum, their rules.
2018-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-5-23 23:08
Convince me than why I should try your product. What is it? What it does?

Mathew,
When are we going to go flying together, and enjoy a delightful snack and conversation afterwards.

Yes, a drone date. Hahaha

Call me at your earliest convenience. Do you have my home digits?

RedHotPoker
2018-5-24
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

endotherm Posted at 2018-5-24 07:32
Read post #2 posted by... YOU.
"The next stage is to connect an automatic release lock so the delivery can drop there (possibly GPS comtrolled lock)."  I suppose at some point in the delivery, you intended to release the payload.
2018-5-24
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-24 22:05
why there is no penis on your profile picture?!

It's a thermograph from the back, either it's erect, very small, or it's cold.   Clothing doesn't show up so it might also be pushed up against a leg.  All making it invisible.
2018-5-25
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Air/America Posted at 2018-5-26 10:43
Call me crazy, but do you plan to deliver package bombs with this?

Not really, I am not an American who makes their livelihood out of delivering bombs to other nations and support crazy people who kill innocent children at schools.
2018-5-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

That was a nice statement, now we know you're just of those crazy people that think you could make a living by making an app intended for use being illegal in most of the world and keep advertising it around here!
2018-5-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-26 21:44
Not really, I am not an American who makes their livelihood out of delivering bombs to other nations and support crazy people who kill innocent children at schools.

As an American, I take offense to that absurd statement.  If not for America, the whole free parts of the world, including your country, would probably not be free today.  Tomorrow we celebrate the American soldiers who have given their lives so people like even you could enjoy freedom.
2018-5-27
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-27 04:54
As an American, I take offense to that absurd statement.  If not for America, the whole free parts of the world, including your country, would probably not be free today.  Tomorrow we celebrate the American soldiers who have given their lives so people like even you could enjoy freedom.

Well, a lot of people in  Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya are enjoying the freedom you have given them. You guys just make a mess and leave. Your arrogance is definitely the most profound characteristics. Didn't you guys ripped off Europe after WWII, taking all their golds and giving them useless dollar notes!
Most of the worls feels the pain when school shootings happen in the US. I am not sure why you guys dont have balls to fix a simple problem like this.
2018-5-28
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-27 04:44
That was a nice statement, now we know you're just of those crazy people that think you could make a living by making an app intended for use being illegal in most of the world and keep advertising it around here!

No dumb ass, we dont need that sort of money in Australia!
2018-5-28
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

On behalf of the rest of the Australians, I apologize for the inflammatory comments.  I for one am grateful for our American allies and friends, and the sacrifices your armed services personnel have made.
2018-5-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

endotherm Posted at 2018-5-28 05:04
On behalf of the rest of the Australians, I apologize for the inflammatory comments.  I for one am grateful for our American allies and friends, and the sacrifices your armed services personnel have made.

Thank you endotherm.  Every country has people like him, no worries.
2018-5-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-28 04:42
Well, a lot of people in  Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya are enjoying the freedom you have given them. You guys just make a mess and leave. Your arrogance is definitely the most profound characteristics. Didn't you guys ripped off Europe after WWII, taking all their golds and giving them useless dollar notes!
Most of the worls feels the pain when school shootings happen in the US. I am not sure why you guys dont have balls to fix a simple problem like this.

I am guessing you are probably a 17 year old kid.  Maybe when you grow up, you need to join the military.
They will hopefully tame your ignorance and make a man out of you.
2018-5-28
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-28 05:18
I am guessing you are probably a 17 year old kid.  Maybe when you grow up, you need to join the military.
They will hopefully tame your ignorance and make a man out of you.

Read the comments up there, you fools were questioning legality of flying a drone and then support American army bombing other nations. What did they get from bombing Vietnam, Afghanistan an Iraq. Look at poor Iraqis, what did you do to a nation and look what you do to Palestinians by supporting Israelis.  Look at all the democratic governments you have overthrown for oil. Such as the one in Iran in 1953. Of course, American government is using fools like you to do all this and calling it patriotic while a few people in the background benefit from oil deals.
You should be ashamed to join an evading army and be ashamed to encourage people to do so.
2018-5-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Run along now, time for your meds.
2018-5-29
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

amirf12001 Posted at 2018-5-29 14:27
Read the comments up there, you fools were questioning legality of flying a drone and then support American army bombing other nations. What did they get from bombing Vietnam, Afghanistan an Iraq. Look at poor Iraqis, what did you do to a nation and look what you do to Palestinians by supporting Israelis.  Look at all the democratic governments you have overthrown for oil. Such as the one in Iran in 1953. Of course, American government is using fools like you to do all this and calling it patriotic while a few people in the background benefit from oil deals.
You should be ashamed to join an evading army and be ashamed to encourage people to do so.

Amir - you started off on the wrong foot here and this thread became very nasty.
(It's always a bad idea starting multiple threads for the same topic.)

I looked at your app and other things you develop and you certainly have good intensions.
Developing an app though that is meant for delivering payloads is a very sensitive topic.
As you might know the IS has used DJI drones for payload deployment. Unfortunately that payload wasn't pizza.

If you don't agree with legal concerns some users are mentioning I suggest you move on.

Regarding your political opinions: I'm sure there a plenty of forums where you can discuss these things,
but this forum is not the place for it.

You got a lot of anger inside you. Hopefully you can channel that energy in a positive way! You got talent!

2018-5-29
Use props
amirf12001
lvl.2
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-29 15:18
Amir - you started off on the wrong foot here and this thread became very nasty.
(It's always a bad idea starting multiple threads for the same topic.)

Thanks for constructive comments Eric. I wouldn't have problem to listen if somebody starts a logical discussion with good intentions. But I would be upset if someone starts a conversation like "Now you are just spamming".
This is a free app and people are free to use and mature to decide whether it is illegal or not. This is just a test app and nobody promoted this to be used in an illegal manner. I understand that my comments weren't nice but I just dont have time for time wasters and I was hoping they would stop but I seem to be wrong on how to deal with time wasters. That was why I asked the admin to delete this post. But for any reason the admin is happy to have this discussion going one!
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules