Landing gear doesn't lower all the way when landing.
1978 10 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 899275 ft

Just tried latest firmware. Landing gear doesn't lower all the way when landing.
It comes down most of the way, but the X5s sometimes touches the ground.
No problem going all the way when pressing power button 5 times, up or down.
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try doing a full manual cycle and while you are at it put some Frog Lube CLP Paste on the worm gear when the legs are full raised.
2018-4-29
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2

What do you mean by full cycle? I've already raised and lowered multiple times while in the air, and while on the ground using the power button.
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-4-29 12:49
What do you mean by full cycle? I've already raised and lowered multiple times while in the air, and while on the ground using the power button.

In your situation, please flash the firmware of inspire again and see if it work normally. If not, please send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-29
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-4-29 12:49
What do you mean by full cycle? I've already raised and lowered multiple times while in the air, and while on the ground using the power button.

Manually full cycle the gear using the screw head at the bottom of the worm gear using screw driver.  If it is raising all the way electrically this may not make any difference although bit of lubrication may help? Give Elektra's suggestion a shot.
2018-4-30
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

I just tried refreshing the firmware. It didn't fix it. It can't be the hardware because it lowers all the way perfectly when using the power button 5 times.
2018-5-4
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-5-4 08:21
I just tried refreshing the firmware. It didn't fix it. It can't be the hardware because it lowers all the way perfectly when using the power button 5 times.

Rodger8 suggested a full cycle, the test you did was only to travel mode and did not extend the gear fully.
Suggest the full travel of the gear as well as lubricate the gear.
2018-5-4
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-4 08:59
Rodger8 suggested a full cycle, the test you did was only to travel mode and did not extend the gear fully.
Suggest the full travel of the gear as well as lubricate the gear.

I was trying Elektra's suggestion first.
I don't think it's hardware. If it is in travel mode, then I press the button 5 times it extends downwards. It goes all the way with no problem, leaving plenty of clearance below the gimbal. There is nothing stuck or jammed.
2018-5-4
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-5-4 12:58
I was trying Elektra's suggestion first.
I don't think it's hardware. If it is in travel mode, then I press the button 5 times it extends downwards. It goes all the way with no problem, leaving plenty of clearance below the gimbal. There is nothing stuck or jammed.

Hope you are right, very possible it is not hardware.  But going from travel mode to landing mode, is only half way. Going from the way the gear are during flight to landing mode is the entire way. The gear can still be binding a bit, did you clean/lubricate the lead-screw?
2018-5-4
Use props
alexjfinn
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I have this exact issue with my I2 with X5S. It retracts 85% of the way when landing.

If i remove gimbal, enter travel move and come out of travel move it extends all the way down 100%.

As soon as i take to flight, legs go up.. i try to land again and it comes down 85% of the way again. Any suggestions?
2019-4-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

alexjfinn Posted at 4-24 15:21
Hi there, I have this exact issue with my I2 with X5S. It retracts 85% of the way when landing.

If i remove gimbal, enter travel move and come out of travel move it extends all the way down 100%.

As a temporary (or permanent) workaround you may try manual landing gear operation, as any pilot of manned aircraft will do. Disable automatic landing gear feature from within DJI Go 4 app and use RC lever to raise and lower the gear. After un-toggling "Disable landing gear lock", remove props and gimbal, lift the drone by GPS housing on top and rise landing gear up to examine and - eventually - lubricate the worm gear. Repeat rising and lowering few times manually, observing servo motor performance for smoothness.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules