Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ph3 Adv Follow me on Lenovo tab
1302 14 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dylle
Flight distance : 28921 ft

Sweden

Bought a second hand Phantom 3 advanced, and it is awesome, but I can't seem to get it to perform "follow me" on my Lenovo Tab A 10"?
My tablet has GPS but no wifi, and the gps works flawlessly when I navigate lakes in my boat.

Haven't tried with my cellphone, but I still like to get the tablet to work with its superior screensize.

Any suggestions?

2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Dylle, the Follow Me requires strong GPS signal. Please change to another open place or recommended mobile device to check again.
2018-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The first problem is that the Lenovo is not on the list of recommended devices, and a possible reason for that is because it does not respond to a call from the DJI Go software to return a GPS fix of the tab's position. Not all devices do respond correctly. And it seems, from anecdotal evidence, to be a problem with many Android devices, but seems to work OK with Apple GPS equipped devices.
2018-4-30
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 01:55
Hey Dylle, the Follow Me requires strong GPS signal. Please change to another open place or recommended mobile device to check again.

Yes, but I thought my location was OK (a rural grass plane landing strip, open area)
And I guess this "manouver" needs more GPS's than basic navigation.
Unfortunately my phone is a Motorola "lenovo" too.
2018-4-30
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-30 02:08
The first problem is that the Lenovo is not on the list of recommended devices, and a possible reason for that is because it does not respond to a call from the DJI Go software to return a GPS fix of the tab's position. Not all devices do respond correctly. And it seems, from anecdotal evidence, to be a problem with many Android devices, but seems to work OK with Apple GPS equipped devices.

And I'm not using my drone to anything other than to film my fishing, so I will not buy an Apple device any time soon. But the dji app itself, for the drone, reported connection to 19 satellites, so it is probably my cheapish device ; )
2018-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dylle Posted at 2018-4-30 08:11
And I'm not using my drone to anything other than to film my fishing, so I will not buy an Apple device any time soon. But the dji app itself, for the drone, reported connection to 19 satellites, so it is probably my cheapish device ; )

The number of satellites reported in the Go App is reporting the satellites being received by the aircraft, not your tablet. For follow me to work properly, it must obtain a GPS fix from the tablet telling the aircraft where 'me' is. If the tablet does not return that information, then follow me cannot work. This is actually quite a common problem.
2018-4-30
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-30 14:53
The number of satellites reported in the Go App is reporting the satellites being received by the aircraft, not your tablet. For follow me to work properly, it must obtain a GPS fix from the tablet telling the aircraft where 'me' is. If the tablet does not return that information, then follow me cannot work. This is actually quite a common problem.

Yes, that is what I meant by "for the drone itself".
All I can hope for is that one of my mobile devices corresponds in a better way.
I sure would love to have it work to follow me in my boat, I'm sure the scenery would make an awesome backdrop.
Or I will end up doing it manually, we are 2 on the boat.
Thanks for all help.
2018-5-1
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 01:55

I now tried with my cellphone, and it got a "strong" signal displayed in green, but when I pressed 'apply' I got a failure message.
It said something "can't create mission"?

I tried several times but always the same result after I press 'apply'.
I also tried to turn off 'advanced flight modes', and turn it back on.
Tried to flip the P-A-F-switch too.

Any advice?
2018-5-2
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-30 14:53

If you read my response above, you see I got the strong signal on my phone, but instead recieved another failure message, perhaps you know of something to try?
2018-5-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dylle Posted at 2018-5-2 09:46
If you read my response above, you see I got the strong signal on my phone, but instead recieved another failure message, perhaps you know of something to try?

The only thing I can suggest is that you try another phone or tablet, one from DJI's recommended list.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dylle Posted at 2018-5-2 09:44
I now tried with my cellphone, and it got a "strong" signal displayed in green, but when I pressed 'apply' I got a failure message.
It said something "can't create mission"?

Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?
2018-5-7
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-7 05:23
Could you post a screenshot for better assistance?

If I only knew how to screenshot in the app, but I guess yyoutube can tell me how ; )
I will post screens later
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dylle Posted at 2018-5-7 06:36
If I only knew how to screenshot in the app, but I guess yyoutube can tell me how ; )
I will post screens later

All right, I'll be here and waiting for your update.
2018-5-8
Use props
Dylle

Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 01:59
All right, I'll be here and waiting for your update.

Sorry for the delay, been busy. And my phone was a hassle to take screenshots from.
But now I got one "mission conflict" it says

Recap: I can't get follow me to work, I get the "mission conflict"-error. Nothing happens, ph3 just hovers in place around 12m altitude.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dylle Posted at 2018-5-20 14:37
Sorry for the delay, been busy. And my phone was a hassle to take screenshots from.
But now I got one "mission conflict" it says

Received with thanks! I'll check with our engineers and come back later.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules