Stay at firmware 01.03.0600 or upgrade?
900 9 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brent Turner
lvl.2

I've read both sides of the fence on the latest upgrade here and wonder about the best direction to take at this time, stay or upgrade?

I noticed today that my P4p did not wish to move forward or backward today only up and down. Is this a notice from DJI to change to the new 01.05.0600 firmware?

I must have missed this in the operating info, but what does my RC vibrate and beep at the same time? This should allow for some good jokes, but I'm curious never the less.

One last question. I checked regional airspace for a flight and believed I was good to go. During the lift off I noticed I could not reach the height required to document a site for a client. So, is this a need to upgrade firmware or an airspace control issue, maybe something brand new? There was a cellphone tower in sight but not a risk factor.

Thank you  
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Hmm ok many question ill try to answer as many as i can.
As far as upgrading goes well the opinions differ on this subject many people upgrade and never have any problems others on the other hand had nothing but problems after each upgrade you will need to decide for yourself but from what i understand the latest upgrade seems to be fairly stable i haven't seen to many compliants about it.
Your drone not moving forward or backwards? Is it posible that you were picking up obstructions in the drones path?
Rc vibration and beeps? Well this is a new one to me ive never felt vibration from my remote. As far as the beeping is concerned can you provide more info at what time during or before flight does it beep?
Your last question about limited altitude. I doubt it will be a ristriction on altitude this does not exist unless your settings have been changed in the app to limit altitude to a certain height, if you were trying to fly in an nfz then you would not be able to start the motors, if you you were flying in other zones you may get a warning msg pop up, but the altitude of the drone is not restricted by dji or firmware only restriction to altitude is max height of 500 mtrs.
Hope this helps
2018-4-29
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.2
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-29 14:49
Hmm ok many question ill try to answer as many as i can.
As far as upgrading goes well the opinions differ on this subject many people upgrade and never have any problems others on the other hand had nothing but problems after each upgrade you will need to decide for yourself but from what i understand the latest upgrade seems to be fairly stable i haven't seen to many compliants about it.
Your drone not moving forward or backwards? Is it posible that you were picking up obstructions in the drones path?

Thank you for your reply H. Yes, upgrading is a roll of the dice. I'd like to believe the upgrade is a positive choice. On checking the firmware on the RC it appears that this too should be upgraded.
This vibration has occurred a couple of times and I took it to be a warning sign. Maybe it can be switched on and off or it's something wrong. There were some obstructions a fence and utility pole. Perhaps the sensors beeped because they were doing their job. I felt comfortable that all was under control. I'm puzzled by the lack of movement of the aircraft at 20 feet agl. Again there were some power lines. Real-time flying has been hampered by the weather since I purchased the P4P. I'm not familiar enough with the beeps and which sensor is scolding me.
A funny stupid human trick, I realized I was the object in the way a week ago on a flight. I kept the craft low to avoid some obstructions and yet the beeping would not stop. The sensors were looking at me.
I need to find some assignments were the working space is more open.
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I think the best thing you can do is find a local park near you that doesnt have many people but lots of space.
Heres a tip when taking off try to stand to the side of the drone not in front of it that way the sensors wont pick you up do the same when landing face the drone to the side not pointing towards you
2018-4-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

but what does my RC vibrate and beep at the same time?

Could it be the device vibrating and the beeping could be resultant to question two, cause of obstruction being picked up
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Brent, is there any message pop up when the RC vibrate and beep? Please choose an open location and avoid to fly towards the sunlight to see whether it helps. Also, you can calibrate the RC to see whether the sticks work well.
2018-4-30
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 01:38
Hi Brent, is there any message pop up when the RC vibrate and beep? Please choose an open location and avoid to fly towards the sunlight to see whether it helps. Also, you can calibrate the RC to see whether the sticks work well.

Thank you for your comments.
I have calibrated the RC a short time ago. With such a long period of lousy weather, I have spent time studying and addressing all the nuances of the P4P and operating system. Just when I think I've developed a strong understanding, something comes along to put me in my place. Droning is a humbling experience. So before I upgrade any firmware I'll work on sorting out the beeps and vibes. It's those vibes which have me stumped since I've neither read nor viewed a YouTube video which addresses this behavior. I"m not one who likes being the first. It just dawned on me, perhaps the vibes are for the hearing impaired?
2018-4-30
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-30 01:38

Sorry, I should have answered this earlier. There was no message. I do believe the sensors are just that, very sensitive. I flew the craft this evening and all is good. There were a good deal of objects in this photo shoot besides the subject at large. It felt like I was tiptoeing around the location with a drone.
Thank you for your support. It is appreciated.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brent Turner Posted at 2018-4-30 17:13
Sorry, I should have answered this earlier. There was no message. I do believe the sensors are just that, very sensitive. I flew the craft this evening and all is good. There were a good deal of objects in this photo shoot besides the subject at large. It felt like I was tiptoeing around the location with a drone.
Thank you for your support. It is appreciated.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know the mystery has been solved. Happy flying!
2018-5-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the latest update and it resolved video transmission issues and AC disconnecting issues. On the vibrations I would imagine that you are using a Crystal Sky and that is common with the Crystal Sky to vibrate a bit when the GO 4 Program is giving a Warning ⚠️. Limiting the Height and Distance  can arise if an update is long overdue or you are in or on the edge of regulated Airspace. I don't remember which version it was but, I had that happen to me once. I had been using the supplied version for quite some time and then one day I was restricted in height and distance. I used the update prompt and everything was fine after that.  You must not go over 400' in Height in the U.S. I would suggest that you appl;y the latest update to your RC and AC. It is very stable and resolves a lot of issues.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules