fly more SPARK vs fly more Mavic Air for my need...need help!
1112 5 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josef Jelinek
lvl.2

Hi there,
first of all i know this is ussual topic
but !:-)
my question is lil different than all ive seen so far.

Im lurking on youtube and forums for like 2 weeks now.
but is still is so hard to decide.

NEEDS : Video shooting, need some cuts in my footage from a drone..or need lets say it would be nice to have the opportunity. The video mainly for Instagram and personal use but some for work aswell. I work as a stuntman and sometimes we need to have short vids from our action rehearsal. but thats just occasional for drone shots, but still its another angle.

only thing right now im thinking of is fly more combo Spark vs fly more Air. The prize difference is like 400$ here in my country. And im not gonna probably die without that money, but its still 400$.

theres no reason here to buy just air alone cause its just 100$ less in end prize here (price of 1 battery here) so theres no reason to buy standalone drone one or another.

and...

lastly this will be my first drone, i fell in love with DJi after buying my osmo. so there no other choice for me. Phantom is too big to travel with, i need to have my setup compact. Shooting on Iphone 8 plus + anamorphic lens and dji osmo mobile 2.

sorry for long post and thank you for your time if you made it all the way here.

Just help with your opinion almost all of you are more skilled than me :-)

Will the difference and joy be bigger than 400$??:-)

THANK YOU
Im also big child...

2018-4-29
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had a spark since Xmas and am ready for moving up now...

It’s only April
2018-4-29
Use props
Pepe Jelinek
lvl.2

well that escalates quickly :-) just 4 months...thats more points for Air thank you so much @NedUk for your reply !!
2018-4-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The extra money with the Air gives you features that makes it easier to edit the footage into your personal videos.  You can select the frame rate you want instead of being stuck at 30fps with the Spark.  The Spark footage can cause stuttering in iMovie due to its odd frame rate though I know the tricks to eliminate it.  Furthermore, the Air is more beginner proof with its extra obstacle avoidance sensors on all sides and its dual compasses to prevent loss of stabilization.

The Air would be more reliable to just put up and use as a tool with less flying knowledge.  You would still have to work on your flying skills to safely fly it in various environments.

I like the Spark for its small size in the air (toy like for drone haters), cheap replacement price, and hand launching/landing.  I have years of experience flying radio control aircraft so I can work around its more limited capabilities.  I won't fly it out of range or into a tree.

Spark return 5.gif
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

G'day.  The Spark is capable, however the extra video formats on the Mavic & 3-axis gimbal might be more suitable for your needs?

The $400 difference is mainly an advanced camera, gimbal, multiple video resolutions, MP4/MOV, 3-Directional Environment Sensing & longer flight time.  
You can compare the Spark & Mavic here:
https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

If you need video cuts, consider the resolution & frame rates from your other recording devices.  I don't think it's a good idea to mix frame rates from different cuts (?)

Spark only supports 1080 30p.   (Media Player or VLC shows the videos to be 29.97 fps).

The Mavic Air supports:
4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 24/25/30p
2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30/48/50/60p
FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
HD: 1280×720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p

Your primary need was  "Video shooting, need some cuts in my footage from a drone". If your happy working with the Spark's 1080 30p video format, keep the $400 for extra batteries & props.
Good luck deciding.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Pepe Jelinek
lvl.2
Czechia

Thank you all so much !:-) thats exactly what i want to hear )
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules