946 5 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3a24c09c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65407 ft
United States

Hi.. I currently use the Phamtom 4...
I dont know really how to setup the picture settings to save the best possible size picture for using with pictures or banners..
When I take a picture I get 2 copies - 1 smaller one and 1 Bigger one on the Micros SD Card..
But when I view them with windows 10 - the smaller one is the larger size file and the Large full screen one is the smaller size file..
I am confused.. I want to edit them just alittle using windows 10 and then same them but I dontk now which one to edit and what is best..
can anyone help..

PLEASE

Patrick
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

To start with turn off save to device feature in the go app this will remove any confusion.
The file that gets saved on your device is a low quality cache file and most people never use those.
If your printing out poster or larger type images then you will want the highest quality posible depending on what image size ratio you want.
2018-4-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The file you want to edit is the one you get from the sd card.
2018-4-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You possibly have enabled it to save both .jpg and .dng (raw) versions of the pictures.
The .jpg you can edit without issues in almost every photo edit software but the raw files (.dng) need a software that can handle that file format.

You can not do much edit on a jpeg file before it shows, already when shot it get compressed in a destructive way that would be repeated for each open/edit/save operation done. Best result you get by open the original and do all the needed edit and cropping then save it once in a different folder or with a new name to keep the original.

Windows show the properties wrong claiming the size to be 960*540 (P4P 4:3 format), this is due to a embedded review .jpg version in the file. for best quality you would learn to process the raw files but it can take some time as there is a lot of options involved.
If you have no photo edit software that can handle the .dng files, you can look out for the Adobe DNGConverter or use ex. RawTherapee that handle the DJI files just fine.
2018-4-29
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

I think you enables both jpg and raw formats on the camera
2018-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't be mislead if you see some telling you that you must shoot raw (dng).
If you are new to photography, set your camera to record in jpg only and you will avoid a lot of confusion.
Jpg images are fine for most photographers most of the time.
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules