1324 20 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Hi guys,

I just had a short flight yesterday morning on a new flying spot I discovered in our area. I captured some footage and created this video. Hope you all will like it. Any suggestions that can help me improve, please let me know

2018-4-29
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Looks good!
2018-4-29
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Nice idea!

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

RjMllr, I really like your Idea, the Video was nicely compossed but I would change 3 things.

1 ) Use ND Filters, like ND16, ISO 100, Shutter Speed 60 to achieve a more Cinematic Effect
2) Don't Rush with the Movements, the Gimbal and Drone Speed where too Fast for me, move Slowly like Butter to achieve more Cinematic Look
3) That Music man ! It sound like the Roman Empire is Marching ! Choose something like Chillout Music, Relax and Smooth, not Epic, the Scene had nothing Epic in it.

Sorry I had to critise you, buts thats how I am, I am Black on White, without critics you will NEVER make progress. You need to think about your video, analyze what I said and see if it applies to you. This doesnt mean I am right, or wrong, but this is the way I think. You need to think about your Audience too, something you like doesnt mean other like it.

For Commercial you need to do a Sacrifice and do thing you dont like, just to satisfy your Customers. I am a Graphic Designer myself and its my job.

To be appreciated you need to be Innovative, Create Unusual Things that People say ''WOW ! Thats New ! I Like It !'' and you need to address what in Trend. If Chillout Music is the Trend
of Today in Drone Videos, I agree with you you tried to do something you like, but was anything in the Video Epic ? eg. Climbing from behind trees and revealing Mount Everest ! And People walking on the Top of a Mountain waving to the Drone ? I only saw Field and Grass.

Thats my Opinion, as I want you to be Constructive from the Criticism. With criticism you will Become Strong and Improve, I can lie tell you 'THE BEST VIDEO I EVER SAW' but I will be lieing to you brother.

Keep up the Good Work, continue with your Will, as you seem Determined and will do a Great Drone Pilot. Good luck.

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Have Look at the Smoothness and Techniques -

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Settings for Cinematic Footage -

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I really Love this Guy ! Hes Superb ! - Listen to the Music / See the Footage / Incredible !

2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Hope it helps a bit.

Goodluck Dude, I wish you Success. I know I may look like a B***h but I am trying to make you polish those Skills you have, and be one of the BEST.

Every one can be Perfect, everyone has Talents, listen to people who want to teach you and make you become better than you are, not people who want to discourage you. Open your ears, and learn, Forums / Youtube are sometime better than any Teacher ! People there are willing to share their Knowledge, will you can sit, drink coffee and open your mind to new Techniques and Ideas ! Life is about Learning, every minute ! There no limit or capacity regarding knowledge.

My Opinion - In Life if you want to be one of the Best, Look for who is Better than You. Its Hard in the Start to accept Criticism but Finally you be Positive and will make a Harder Try to Achieve what you are after - PERFECTION. If you have the Will there will surely be a Way ! Always be open to Learn and you'll be Excellent ! Compare yourself in Competition with others who are Pros, not amateurs, and slowly you will reach the PRO LEVEL. Never give up, keep on going as I am sure you
will Make It ! You have Talent my Friend ! Keep it Up !

Tip: Spark is a good drone to start with, but if you are into Videography, you need a better one like a Mavic 3 Axis Gimbal with extra setting like smoothing controller sticks etc....

Sorry for talking a lot, but I am like that. Goodluck, if you have problems feel free to PM me. I am here to share everything with you Guys, making this Forum a Knowledge Database for who seeks solutions and tips.

2018-4-29
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Philippines

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 15:52
RjMllr, I really like your Idea, the Video was nicely compossed but I would change 3 things.

1 ) Use ND Filters, like ND16, ISO 100, Shutter Speed 60 to achieve a more Cinematic Effect

Wow, this is a great feedback!

1.) Sadly, I still don't have ND filters, but thinking of buying one. I just made my videos just for a hobby, so I kinda need to think more on investing on those filters. I will apply 60 Shutter Speed in my future videos, thanks man!

2.) The area is so open and few obstructions, so I was tempted to use Sport mode. I use slow movements on my other video here ->
(PS. the color grading sucks)

3.) Yeah, I just used what I have. It was quickly edited in phone, so I just used what music is in my storage by that time. Yeah, I do think it doesn't suite the video HAHA.

I am an IT guy by profession, more of a developer, so editing videos is not my field, but I really want to level up my aerial videos, that is why I invested on Spark, coming from a Hubsan H502E. I really do appreciate this feedbacks. I learn a lot from here other that watching youtube tutorials. I will watch yours in a bit. Thank you man!
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

RjMllr Posted at 2018-4-29 16:25

1.) Sadly, I still don't have ND filters, but thinking of buying one. I just made my videos just for a hobby, so I kinda need to think more on investing on those filters. I will apply 60 Shutter Speed in my future videos, thanks man!

This is more Beautiful ! Thats what I am talking about !

Still the Music I didnt like so much, but the colour grading knowing that you aint using ND Filters is very nice !
ND Filters will help you a lot. Use theIso 100 / 60 Frames if you are recording at 1080p 30fps, so that you double the shutter speed according to your frame rate to achieve more Motion Blur and not Choppy Images. Thats why they use ND Filters, to lower the shutter speed to a Maximum of 1/100 dont use it above from Cinematic Vids.

Try learning about Manual Settings for your Videos using ND Filters. I bought the PolarPro Set. It costs a bit, but if you are doing Commercial Work, you will easily pay them back. ABout $70 - $100 USD depending from where you buy them.

I will put a picture below.

2018-4-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nice video you captured the scenery well with how good you controlled your gimbal and flying in this video. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Re the Music I think you need to switch a bit to smoother Music !

Not the Gangam Style Music.

Hearing Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, annoys me while watching a Drone Video. Just my opinion, others may like it !
2018-4-29
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Philippines

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 16:29
This is more Beautiful ! Thats what I am talking about !

Still the Music I didnt like so much, but the colours knowing that you aint using ND Filters is very nice !

Yeah, that is on top of my list of accessories I will buy for my Spark. But for now, I am saving for extra couple of batteries. Maybe when a freelance work arrives and I got payed for it, I will buy filters. Thank you!
2018-4-29
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Philippines

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-29 16:30
Re the Music I think you need to switch a bit to smoother Music !

Not the Gangam Style Music.

Do you have any source for BG Musics that doesn't have royalties, or doesn't make me pay to download them? I originally used musics from bensound.com, but they are limited to me
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

RjMllr Posted at 2018-4-29 16:35
Do you have any source for BG Musics that doesn't have royalties, or doesn't make me pay to download them? I originally used musics from bensound.com, but they are limited to me

I found last time a site its REALLY NICE let me send it to you -

This Channel is incredible, but must pay license if you use their music, or contact Epidemic Channel if you are going to sell you videos or make money from them, I am sure they will help you out. In the description there is written that you must buy license. From their site I think it was around Euro99 about $120 USD, better check with them as they have different rate.

There are FREE Music you can use, but the word 'FREE' means it will be hard to find good music. Nothing is really 'FREE' if you are after Quality.

Look how this guy used that Music for his Drone Video. How smooth, and how much it fits. He even did SYNC CUTTING with the Beats. There is Youtube Videos how to do it.

Credits go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxlNCbgRBFfKWIfb8TJc3zA - He really made a Superb Video, which I really like ! He has other videos in his youtube channel which really Impressed me !
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

RjMllr Posted at 2018-4-29 16:35

Goodluck Buddy !
2018-4-29
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I try to learn techniques first, then will adapt those techniques into my interpretation and slowly apply some innovation + creativity. Step by step it works, that the most important to aim for Improvement in Life.

BTW I am a Graphic Designer, and a Photographer (Hobby), I am surely you will have a Big Laugh at my Videos as I am not a Videographer. Also my first video post will be a REPORT of a Crash for Sure !!!! So dont worry I am open for Critics, I know that I 'SU CK' but I have a Vision of Achievements I need to Achieve. Thats my Aim with Aerial Photography + Videography.

2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nice video. Thanks for your sharing.
2018-4-29
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States