DNG stills not RAW in Lightroom
7844 19 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans931d32ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87326 ft
United States

When I bring my stills into lightroom the file extension is DNG, but lightroom treats them like a JPEG.  The Profille shows as "color" amd none of the RAW Profiles are available.  If I impostr and select copy and convert to DNG Lightroom says thay are not RAW files.  Do I have something set wrong somewhere in the camera menus ?
I am using Lightroom 7.3 and I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I think my firmware is upto date.  
2018-4-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Adobe always seem to have trouble with DJI files for some reason or other. Try downloading a free copy of the Adobe DNG Converter, pass the files through that and see if they import OK.
2018-4-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Lightroom Classic CC, current version is 7.3.1 and I've never had any issues at all. Do you use CC or the stand alone version?
2018-4-29
Use props
TJ Cadwalader
New

United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-4-29 18:49
I use Lightroom Classic CC, current version is 7.3.1 and I've never had any issues at all. Do you use CC or the stand alone version?

I use Lightroom Classic The desk top version. I can edit the files just fine, it’s just the raw profiles  are avaiable to me because it doesn’t recognize the files as a raw file for some reason.
I will try the ding converter and see what that does with the files.
2018-4-29
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451627 ft
United Kingdom

I'm also using Lightroom 7.3.1 (Classic CC) and I don't have this issue. Do you have Adobe Camera RAW installed as well?
2018-4-29
Use props
TJ Cadwalader
New

United States

djmokoia77 Posted at 2018-4-29 23:46
I'm also using Lightroom 7.3.1 (Classic CC) and I don't have this issue. Do you have Adobe Camera RAW installed as well?

Yes it and Photoshop are installed and up to date. You need Camera raw to get the new profiles.
I shot the sunrise this morning, I’ll be running them through the Adobe ding converter software to see if that helps. I have to do some projects today so it’s going to have to wait awhile.
2018-4-30
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I also use Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge/Camera RAW CC 2018.
I got no issues at all. First I import the DNG's to Bridge, and then use Camera RAW to make corrections. Sometimes
I use Lightroom. Both working with DNG without problems.
2018-4-30
Use props
TJC P4P
lvl.1
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-4-30 04:14
I also use Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge/Camera RAW CC 2018.
I got no issues at all. First I import the DNG's to Bridge, and then use Camera RAW to make corrections. Sometimes
I use Lightroom. Both working with DNG without problems.

But do you have any of the new Profiles available for raw images like Adobe Color, Adobe Vivid, Adobe Neutral etc. ?

My images are treated as a RAW image in terms of adjustments, I even have white Balance the same as

I tried the DNG converter, all of the files are grayed out, so I can't open them with the converter software.  So I guess it knows they are already a RAW image.

RAW, but only the Artistic profiles that are designed to use on both RAW and JPEG.  
I should probable take this up on the Adobe forum.
2018-4-30
Use props
neildon213
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386188 ft
United States

I'm curious to see if you find a solution. I have the same problem with LR Classic CC not recognizing DJI DNG files as Raw in the profiles tab.
2018-7-12
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You must have a Lightroom issue as I have no problems with importing .dng files as RAW from my P4P
2018-7-12
Use props
TJC P4P 2
lvl.1
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-7-12 22:56
You must have a Lightroom issue as I have no problems with importing .dng files as RAW from my P4P

But are the RAW profiles available, like for example, Adobe Color?
2018-7-13
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

I nerve have issue with DJI DNG files with my PS5.4 and Lightroon.  You can try Adobe PhotoBridge: Open Photobridge, find fold and open with camera raw.
2018-7-13
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TJC P4P 2 Posted at 2018-7-13 04:20
But are the RAW profiles available, like for example, Adobe Color?

The version I'm on is LR 7.4 and Camera Raw is 10.4, is your CR upto date? - Where are you looking...'The Profille shows as "color" amd none of the RAW Profiles are available'? .... My view below...

2018-07-13 (5).png
2018-7-13
Use props
TJC P4P 2
lvl.1
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-7-13 06:36
The version I'm on is LR 7.4 and Camera Raw is 10.4, is your CR upto date? - Where are you looking...'The Profille shows as "color" amd none of the RAW Profiles are available'? .... My view below...

Below aere 2 screen shots.  One shows a normal raw image with profiles available in the drop down menu.  The second shows the choices available with the DJI DNG Raw images.  Notices there are non of the Adobe RAW Profiles available only color and the personal ones that I  added.  All other aspects of the DJI DNG raw file act like RAW including white balance.  But profiles act like a JPEG.

2018-7-14
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TJC P4P 2 Posted at 2018-7-14 12:49
Below aere 2 screen shots.  One shows a normal raw image with profiles available in the drop down menu.  The second shows the choices available with the DJI DNG Raw images.  Notices there are non of the Adobe RAW Profiles available only color and the personal ones that I  added.  All other aspects of the DJI DNG raw file act like RAW including white balance.  But profiles act like a JPEG.

[view_image]

Can't see your screen shots?
2018-7-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues with Photoshop.
2018-7-15
Use props
TJC P4P 2
lvl.1
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-7-15 10:08
Can't see your screen shots?

The box is a link to the image. Click on the box then click on the icon to open picture in a link. I’ll try to post a screen shot tomorrow
2018-7-15
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-29 18:08
Adobe always seem to have trouble with DJI files for some reason or other. Try downloading a free copy of the Adobe DNG Converter, pass the files through that and see if they import OK.

Photoshop CS6 working fine with Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 RAW dng files here.
2018-7-15
Use props
steinilux
lvl.1

Luxembourg

Hi... did someone find a solution to this?
I have the same issue.
2019-10-31
Use props
DCNoFlyZone87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80210 ft
United States

I believe I found a solution.  I'm using Lightroom (LR) on my iPad and have the same issue -- my Mavic Air 2 (MA2) DNG files do not trigger the Adobe Raw Profile options (e.g. Adobe Neutral, Adobe Color, Adobe Standard, Adobe Vivid, etc.) when imported.  The only options I have are Color or Monochrome under the Basic Profile drop down.  Yes I have the Artistic, Modern, etc. Profile options, but the Adobe Raw Profiles are not available like they are when I import a DNG file into LR taken on my iPhone 11 Pro.  The iPhone 11 Pro is on Adobe's list of cameras so that makes sense.

Solution: I created User Presets for each Adobe Raw Profile.  You need to create the User Presets from the Edit tab using a DNG file which auto populates the Adobe Raw Profile options -- for me this is any DNG taken with my iPhone 11 Pro.  I only checked the Profile check box when creating my presets, b/c this is the only thing I want to happen.

Now I can open/edit my MA2 DNG files in LR, choose one of my User Presets, and the Profile changes from Adobe Color to the Adobe Raw Profile associated with my Preset.

Make sure you have "Show Partially Compatible Presets" selected under the Presets settings menu (i.e. click the three dots in the upper right while you're in the Presets tab).  The only User Preset that will show up if you don't have this selected is Adobe Standard...which leads me to believe that the Basic Color profile which is auto selected for the MA2 DNG files = the Adobe Standard Raw Profile.  But I don't know that for sure.

Hope this helps some of you!
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules