Sony Xperia XZ2
2935 4 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glenn Johnson
New

United Kingdom

Does it fit the osmo 2? is anyone using it?

The design of the new Sony handset creates doubt.

Such a shame that a phone that records 10bit HDR 4k video (HLG as well) doesnt seem to fit any gimbals

Any help greatly appreciated

glenn
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Johnson, here is the recommended list for your reference. I would recommend you use the devices for better performance.
app spark.JPG
2018-5-1
Use props
Zach Powson
New

Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-1 01:37
Johnson, here is the recommended list for your reference. I would recommend you use the devices for better performance.

That is a shame.  Sony sent me a XZ2 and I was hoping to use it with the Osmo Mobile 2 to take some nice 4K HDR video from the handset.  
THe curved backing makes the phone too thick and the clamps press the buttons.
I might try and rig a phone case that would allow it to fit properly, if that fails then I'll stick to my XZ Premium.  The XZ Premium works perfectly with the Osmo Mobile 2, yet you haven't put in your list of Compatible Android phones and you totally should.
2018-6-19
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

The clamp is clearly only designed to hold a apple phone and not been tested with enough android phones.
I do manage to get my XZ2 to fit and in the correct case it prevents the clamp from pressing buttons.
I don't understand why the clamp wasn't made a little deeper, or to adjust it's depth a little, tempted to try and remove the hard plastic backing in the clamp as that really reduces the space available.
2018-6-20
Use props
djiuser_X2DILnCMJht8
New

United Kingdom

How did you get it to fit with out seeing one if the motor. The camera is too low on the xz2
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules