Binaural comparison of the Mavic Pro Low Noise and standard props.
1567 13 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did a quick comparison at 2m and 20m of the low noise and standard props for the Mavic pro. The audio was captured binaurally, meaning if you stick some headphones on you will hear it as I heard it.  Hopefully it will give you a better understanding of the difference between these two types of propellers.

Enjoy

2018-4-30
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting test - maybe on a less windy day as your recording sounds like its using 'dynamic suppression' - a bit like using auto ISO for exposure on a camera ... so there's a bit of extra variability coming into your recoding due to wind buffeting on the mics. Interested to know what binaural mics you are using - Rolland earbuds by any chance?
2018-4-30
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-4-30 07:55
Interesting test - maybe on a less windy day as your recording sounds like its using 'dynamic suppression' - a bit like using auto ISO for exposure on a camera ... so there's a bit of extra variability coming into your recoding due to wind buffeting on the mics. Interested to know what binaural mics you are using - Rolland earbuds by any chance?

yeah rolands, it was a bit windy, i had to sit in the back of the car to keep the wind noise down. It was just a quick test anyways. Hoping to get a chance to do all my drones for comparison now the weather is getting better.
2018-4-30
Use props
TFile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
United Kingdom

This is not Mavic Air as it says in title?
2018-4-30
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doh, my bad! Corrected now
2018-4-30
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-30 07:58
yeah rolands, it was a bit windy, i had to sit in the back of the car to keep the wind noise down. It was just a quick test anyways. Hoping to get a chance to do all my drones for comparison now the weather is getting better.

Lol weather getting better - at least not today (south east)! Yup the Rollands are great if you have the original package they should have come with some foam wind shields that can help a bit on these blustery days.
2018-4-30
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

there is a slight difference, and I prefer the low noise blades.
2018-4-30
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I've been flying with the LN-propellers for a while now and there is no doubt they are less noisy.
2018-4-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I also just got LN props and it is much quiter coming from a distance, previously I could hear my bird coming back, find that my flight time also increased by almost a minute or so
2018-4-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good test - put the drone directly above you with each set on - it's still loud - it lowers the noise significantly 100' away at 50' up but 400' directly above and you'll still hear it. Strange how the sound travels. The low noise props definitely work though and its even quieter on the MPP. I can't hear it at all 100' away.
2018-4-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for making this
2018-5-1
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem, it was kinda thrown together quickly. I'm hoping to have more time over the weekend to make a comparison video for the  Spark, Mavic Pro (both prop sets) and the air as long as the weather holds out.
2018-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-5-1 23:56
No problem, it was kinda thrown together quickly. I'm hoping to have more time over the weekend to make a comparison video for the  Spark, Mavic Pro (both prop sets) and the air as long as the weather holds out.

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice test, thanks for sharing.
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules