Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vibration in Gimbal.
4023 25 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Hey all,

Anyone else besides me see a tiny vibration in the gimbal with even the slightest wind? you would never really notice unless you were looking at a tree branch as the unit is hovering.
I have seen this in stronger winds but, its seems to be happening with even light winds below 8 MPH.  The vibration is only noticeable if you focus on something very thin like a very fine tree branch.
2018-4-30
Use props
roundyuk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12408 ft
United Kingdom

I am pretty sure I had this the other day, was in low light so I am not sure if it was bought on my the ND filter I had attached - but it almost looked like every few frames the focus was dropping out...flickering almost.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you post the video so we can check it clearer, I wonder if most users experience the same thing.
2018-4-30
Use props
roundyuk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12408 ft
United Kingdom

Really clear in the first few seconds, you can see the tree's dropping in and out of focus...?

2018-5-1
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

This is most likely due to auto focus can't decide to focus on the near or the far branches. You can verify this by performing the same test with AF turned off.
2018-5-1
Use props
fansbff398a5
New

Russia

Had the same issue on my first spark. In 90% occured on movement start or end. Returned to the seller with money back. Then bought another one from official store. No issue. For me it looks like hardware or software bug. Maybe some problems with gimbal or camera loop or with vibration isolation.
2018-5-1
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 23:37
I would recommend you post the video so we can check it clearer, I wonder if most users experience the same thing.

I tried to upload a very short video clip last night. it kept failing I will try later tonight., Thanks
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

chorn1966 Posted at 2018-5-2 05:30
I tried to upload a very short video clip last night. it kept failing I will try later tonight., Thanks

Or you can upload it to dropbox and googles. Thanks for your cooperation and I will help you forward this situation.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

roundyuk Posted at 2018-5-1 07:18
Really clear in the first few seconds, you can see the tree's dropping in and out of focus...?

I see. Please try to fly in a low wind environment. I would recommend you fly in sunny day or put your camera setting in manual mode. Then you can set it in shutter 200 ISO 200. Please have a try and provide us feedback.
2018-5-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Usually I've noticed a vibration in the Spark's gimbal whenever you're shooting in low light. This is because the camera is set to automatic and while shooting in these conditions the camera is constantly adjusting itself to find the right aperture, etc.
2018-5-3
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1652172 ft
  • >>>
Spain

when I can upload video
2018-5-5
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

very good to me the same happens to me in both automatic and manual with filter nd16 ISO to 100 and 200 sunny day shutter to 60 and white balance in sunny (it is more noticeable when it starts to advance and ends up advancing the Spark). It is noted above all in white colors. Some solution, is a general failure or a particular failure(note was 8 in the afternoon)
2018-5-5
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Isn't the Spark fixed focus?  Problems processing the image due to cheap memory card?  If the gimbal is actually being bounced around, I would check for vibrations from old propellers.  It would also pay to look for a gimbal mounting screw coming loose causing the mount to bounce around.
2018-5-5
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

no propellers are new and the card is fast is one recommended by DJI
2018-5-5
Use props
qazwsxedcq
New

India

a
2018-5-5
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

2018-5-6
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

video of the failure is more appreciated in the white colors and at the end and start
movement also when descending the drone
2018-5-6
Use props
ET_Drone_Home
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65082 ft
United States

I get the exact same thing, rarely although. It seems to only happen on a descend.
2018-5-6
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Fams Posted at 2018-5-6 13:37
video of the failure is more appreciated in the white colors and at the end and start
movement also when descending the drone

Then swap the propellers.  Descending is under a slower prop speed.  Like a out of balance car tire that only shakes at one speed.  Regardless of how new it is, it needs to be replaced or re-balanced.  Changing the props fixed an Inspire that shook enough to show up on video.

Also blow out the motors with compressed air in case there is dirt in there throwing things off.  Dirt or a bug in there.
2018-5-6
Use props
Fams
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Ok.I will try what you tell me to change the propellers although they are the ones that the drone brought and I have little with them
2018-5-7
Use props
marcosorg
lvl.1

Argentina

@fams have you resolved the issue changing the propellers?
2019-1-25
Use props
ZXLS
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 23:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KtWl4ji3RQVibrating gimbal

my video of the vibrating gimbal here please help
2019-7-22
Use props
apachesioux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405587 ft
United States

I have a vibration as well may try slowing the remote sticks and see if it applies a bit of sensitivity to the drone in flight.
2019-8-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

apachesioux Posted at 8-19 05:39
I have a vibration as well may try slowing the remote sticks and see if it applies a bit of sensitivity to the drone in flight.

This is not a mistake! This phenomenon is noticeable in low light. This phenomenon is due to the fact that Spark only has electronic stabilization in the YAW direction. If the Spark is out of the wind or because of the descent, YAW is moving. then different pixels are always read from the sensor surface. This causes tiny blur.
It can also be intentionally triggered: start recording and hold Spark in your hand, then move (rotate the drone).
Looking back, you can see the phenomenon.
2019-8-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

This is not a mistake! This phenomenon is noticeable in low light. This phenomenon is due to the fact that Spark only has electronic stabilization in the YAW direction. If the Spark is out of the wind or because of the descent, YAW is moving. then different pixels are always read from the sensor surface. This causes tiny blur. It can also be intentionally triggered: start recording and hold Spark in your hand, then move (rotate the drone). Looking back, you can see the phenomenon.
2019-8-19
Use props
Robbbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18071 ft
Poland

Please let me know how did you solve the issue eventually?
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules