False No Fly Zone - Can't Get to First Flight
2489 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ciQQvY4qdUn0
lvl.1
United States

I'm usually the tech savvy tech whiz of the group, but unfortunately I'm just unable to get the hang of this DJI experience, it's gotta be one of the least smooth, most user un-friendly purchases I've made in a long time.

Anyhow, I just can't seem to get to my first flight. The hold up now is it's saying I'm in a no fly zone. Looking at the map, I'm actually on the very edge of a green zone and still several miles from the yellow/red zone. Just to be sure though, I figured out how to self authorize for the yellow zone just in case, which I did successfully and it shows in the app (even though I'm nowhere near the yellow zone), but it still won't let me fly due to no fly zone restrictions. How do I proceed?

I've already managed to get through issues with the QR code not reading ever (requiring an app reboot everytime), I connected to my remote control wifi and authorized my new Spark that way until it required an internet connection, so I switched to my home wifi but the 'no internet' connection wouldn't clear so I had to reboot the app again, find a tutorial video about connecting first to the remote, then switching to home wifi at the precise part of the authorization process, then switch back to the remote wifi to complete authorization. Managed to do all that successfully, then couldn't fly due to firmware update. Did that. Now can't fly because of a no fly zone which I'm definitely not in. Man - after decking my house out with full automation, smart lights, smart switches, smart remotes, smart climate control, all custom programmed and voice controled - this is by far the craziest, roughest process to (attempt) to reach the first-time use.

I just want to see what it's like to fly this thing. How does this actually ever happen?
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_ciQQvY4qdUn0
lvl.1
United States

Ok...I assume it has something to do with what I saw another user mention in a different post "In the latest versions of DJI GO 4,  you are automatically assumed to be in a NFZ unless you can prove otherwise , i.e. stable GPS coordinates for several seconds."
So I got a decent GPS signal and it stopped giving me a No Fly Zone warning.

BUT, now it is saying "Aircraft locked" and still won't let me fly. No explanation. Nothing to do. This is really going great.
2018-4-30
Use props
MJRoark
lvl.1
United States

Update: Problem is basically the latest android app is completely broke. Will never work for new Sparks to achieve their first flight. Had to downgrade to the last stable version, and it immediately worked.
2018-4-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

MJRoark Posted at 2018-4-30 15:48
Update: Problem is basically the latest android app is completely broke. Will never work for new Sparks to achieve their first flight. Had to downgrade to the last stable version, and it immediately worked.

And if I read the forums right, DJI is trying to solve the "locked" issue for new Sparks.
Good for you, that you found it.
Have nice flights!
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. If users experience the same problem, I would recommend you use the IOS device to connect the drone and update the database again. Or you can use the older version of Android DJI GO 4 now. Our engineers are working on the issue and I believe that it will be solved soon.
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_dsWHlApSGA2g
New

United States

I am having this exact same problem.  I am near an airport but as per the maps I am WAY out of the no fly zone.  I went through the normal unlock for my area as per DJI support.  Still didnt fix it.  Going on 2 months unable to fly my spark.  It's falsely saying Im in a no fly zone.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJIToks
New

United States

Is this an Android only issue?
2019-3-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an issue like that but it probably had something to do w/ setting the max distances too low.  I had them at like 25-35m but increasing them fixed it.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules