Latest Firmware Installed. Two issues NEED RESOLVED.
1316 5 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PlanetInhouse
lvl.1

United States

I had no problems installing the latest update and upgrading the controllers along with batteries.

My Concern is I just finished a shoot and had serious issues with latency and the picture pixelating out. I have shot using a P2, my own built OCTO and this Inspire 1 and I have to admit I was extremely frustrated this time. The Inspire 1 has been flawless for me until yesterday after updating.

2nd problem. I just tried to copy over my files from yesterday's shoot and 1/4 of them are corrupted. I have a feeling I may have hit the photo buttono during video recording but cannot verify - biut if that is the case that should be FIXED ASAPn to not engage while recording is done. Again, this wouldnt have bene done on purpose and I cant remember doing it but I am at a loss as to why these videos are corrupted.

Now, the latency, What gives???? I have seen multiple reports after users upgrading complaining of this.
Another thing I just remembered. This just started happening AFTER updating but it could be a Ipad setting- my Ipad now goes to sleep during flying. What would cause this. It never did this before.

2015-5-10
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I was always under the impression that you could press the photo button at any time even in video mode.

What is needed is similar to the GoPro which has an option for recording still images every 5 seconds whilst it records video.  This would negate the need to stop video recording and make flying easier for the pilot if working as a single operator/ pilot.
2015-5-10
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Same issue here with the pixels on the viewer and latency.  Did not have this issue with the last version but when testing out the issue with the flight altitude and RTH altitude I deleted the app then reinstalled it now don't have the issue with the latency or pixels.  Go figure not sure if it was a fluke or not.
BTW I have issues hitting the buttons accidently for the video, player and camera so I added little smiley face buttons so they were more pronounced works well.

IMG_1156.JPG
2015-5-10
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Also experiencing occasional random image breakup and latency (usually together) on the slave controller / app / iPad.
Camera control is not affected, but the delay / black screen / pixel mess makes smooth pan/tilt operations difficult as it's hard to keep the subject framed accurately.
Also have occasional intermittent issue where my C1 button (on the slave, set to re-position the camera forward) does not operate - pilots controller works every time.

All pre flight checks and calibrations done - video tx channels chosen for lowest interference.

This appears to have arisen as an issue since the upgrade.
Would indicate some sort of slave link transmission/interference problem possibly?
2015-5-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I shot after upgrading and didn't have latency or breakup issues.   Even used two remotes, which used to have a bit of trouble with image breakup but was rock solid.   Having said that the bird was only about 30 metres up and maybe 150 meters away so don't know if it gets worse over long distance.
2015-5-10
Use props
Portlights
New

United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-11 08:22
Also experiencing occasional random image breakup and latency (usually together) on the slave contro ...

Yeah we've been having exactly the same problems with the slave controller.
Inspire, two controllers and two batteries all upgraded to the new firmware with no problems. I've trid reinstalling the firmware, just says it's already up-to-date. Also tried changing iPhones on the controller, cables, using a different iPad too. And also changed which controller is slave and master.

But it's always the Slave controller that has problems with just a laggy/ black screen video feed, anyone found a solution?
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules