Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Distance
1384 20 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jmarker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67310 ft

So I’ve never had problems with distance but the last 2 flights I cannot get over 2500ft. I’ve never updated firmware because I’ve never had an issue with the one I’m runnin (not risking it). I have found the higher altitude the further I can go. But I’ve got it out beyond a mile several times before with ease. Any idea what is going on all of the sudden?
2018-4-30
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you getting an error message on the screen when it hits 2500ft or does it just stop and hover?
2018-4-30
Use props
Jmarker
lvl.1

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-30 16:11
Are you getting an error message on the screen when it hits 2500ft or does it just stop and hover?

Screen goes blank or green and says weak or no transmission signal. Full bars on the signal strength and then instantly down to none
2018-4-30
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I know that I get the same thing sometimes when I run into some signal interference (which can come from anywhere). Then it recovers and I have full control. This issue varies by location with me so I just make sure there wont be to many things to cause issues.

Does it do an automatic return to home after signal loss?
2018-4-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you tried pushing thru it, or does it disconnect and initiate RTH?
2018-4-30
Use props
Jmarker
lvl.1

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-30 16:26
I know that I get the same thing sometimes when I run into some signal interference (which can come from anywhere). Then it recovers and I have full control. This issue varies by location with me so I just make sure there wont be to many things to cause issues.

Does it do an automatic return to home after signal loss?

No, i don’t lose control of it. I just pretty much stop and reverse it back until the screen is clear and then fly it back. I have yet to have it fail and resort to the RTH option.
2018-4-30
Use props
Jmarker
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-30 16:28
Have you tried pushing thru it, or does it disconnect and initiate RTH?

I’ve never tried to push through. I’m too scared my money will fly away or disappear.
2018-4-30
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92277 ft
United States

what firmware r u running?  remote,  and AC?
2018-4-30
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
United States

furthermore,  what app r u running?
2018-4-30
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
  • >>>
United States

One time I went about 2800ft and lost all signal and it initiated the RTH feature and just came back to me. When it got close enough it connected back and I was able to fly it again. And yes I thought it was going to drop out of the sky.
2018-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Phantom 4 pro gives you a choice of two frequency bands to be able to deal with interference.
You can use 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz.
If interference is bad on one band, try using the other one.

Up in the top right corner of your app, next to the battery indicator, you should see HD and some signal strength bars as well as an indication of whether you are on 2.4 or 5.8 GHz.
Tap that and it takes you to the settings to change it.
It's quite safe to change during flight.
2018-4-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-4-30 16:40
One time I went about 2800ft and lost all signal and it initiated the RTH feature and just came back to me. When it got close enough it connected back and I was able to fly it again. And yes I thought it was going to drop out of the sky.

You have to trust the RTH.  Just give it enough time, don't panic, and never touch anything.
2018-4-30
Use props
Jmarker
lvl.1

part-time Posted at 2018-4-30 16:34
what firmware r u running?  remote,  and AC?

Not 100 percent on the firmware version and not able to check at the moment. I got it about exactly a year ago if that helps. And I am running the DJI go 4 app. Thinking about trying litchi. I’ve read it has more features and has helped with distance. Not sure how but it might be worth a shot.
2018-4-30
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
United States

Jmarker Posted at 2018-4-30 16:46
Not 100 percent on the firmware version and not able to check at the moment. I got it about exactly a year ago if that helps. And I am running the DJI go 4 app. Thinking about trying litchi. I’ve read it has more features and has helped with distance. Not sure how but it might be worth a shot.

I personally would try the latest dji upgrade v. 02.00.0700.  do not forget to update your dji assistant on your  p.c. first .    I fly with Litchi myself, and have never a problem for last 2 years..  Had a few connection errors, but they were solved with the upgrade...   Good luck,  and Happy flying...
2018-4-30
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
United States

oh yea....  your remote will need  the upgrade as well....
2018-4-30
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
United States

Sorry  JMarker,  i guess my first question should've been.....  Whatcha flying?    I "assumed"  you were piloting  a P-4.  That was the updates I was referring to.....   
2018-4-30
Use props
Jmarker
lvl.1

part-time Posted at 2018-4-30 17:15
Sorry  JMarker,  i guess my first question should've been.....  Whatcha flying?    I "assumed"  you were piloting  a P-4.  That was the updates I was referring to.....

You would be correct. I am flying a p4p
2018-4-30
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jmarker Posted at 2018-4-30 17:34
You would be correct. I am flying a p4p

Did you see post #11?
The solution is there.
2018-4-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IF you are already on the 2.4ghz and only getting 2500ft max when out in wide open space, then make sure you are on the latest firmware, there was one of the firmware updates a while back that really restricted distance for whatever reason, i could only manage max 1000m with parabolic and about the same as you without one, i was then put on to the .301 beta for a gimbal issue and the P4P had its distance back, it would do about 2600m, think it topped out at 3100m one clear, windless winters day.  so, as said above, make sure you download the latest DJI Assistant 2 from the p4p specs page or download direct here (for windows), then turn on the controller, then connect p4p to the PC/lappy and then turn on the p4p, then open DJI Assistant, the process order is only important when turning on the RC 1st, the rest do in what order you like, good luck and let us know

DJI assistant for Mac
The above links are direct from DJI, i added then for you just for ease, just hover over a link to see where they lead, should show you at the bottom of the browser
2018-4-30
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

From what you have written i think you're on AC fw v.1.03.0509, if so, i recommend you keep it there. If you upgrade and have issues it will never be the same even if you manage to get it downgraded again.
How about your App, if that has been updated it might be part of your issue and you could try a version from before the start of June last year.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is recommended to update to the latest version and change to another open location without interference to check. Also, please keep an eye on the image transmission channels to see whether the current channel is stable or not.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules