Inside the US and no FCC mode?
2110 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseac5d530
lvl.1

I am in San Francisco and when I go into my WiFi settings while the RC is connected with the Mavic Air I only see 2.4Ghz as an option. And when I select Custom I do not see the 5.4Ghz channels like I have seen in some videos on YouTube. It is like it is not in FCC mode. Today I also installed the latest firmware.

Is the Mavic Air supposed to allow for FCC mode and 5.4Ghz WiFi while inside the US? What should I do to change WiFi to 5.4Ghz?

2018-4-30
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is an issue with the last iOS release from the DJI GO 4 app. It will not detect or switch to the proper region. An update of the GO app is expected within weeks. You could try hooking  up to an Android phone or tablet with the GO app, the android version seems to work the way it should. You would have to do this only once, after that you are okay with the iOS app. Or you could try Litchi if you have this app. I believe this app also forces the Air to the right mode.
2018-4-30
Use props
fanscf061470
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207116 ft
Brazil

Hi, my video.

2018-5-1
Use props
fanseac5d530
lvl.1

I am in the US. I should not have to hack it to put it into FCC mode.
2018-5-1
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

fanseac5d530 Posted at 2018-5-1 07:03
I am in the US. I should not have to hack it to put it into FCC mode.

You won't have to as soon as the bug is fixed, which should be soon.  In the meantime, as mentioned you can:

1 - use and Android device to connect one time, and then go back to the apple device
2 - downgrade the DJIGo app (there are a couple of possible ways to do this
3 - Fly as-is (with some reduced range) until the fix is in

It does stink that we have to deal with it, but it's a known bug that should be patched shortly.  Finding an Android device to borrow for 5 minutes should be pretty easy for most.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to reply you late. So may I confirm that have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-5-5
Use props
fanseac5d530
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-5 23:06
Hi, I'm sorry to reply you late. So may I confirm that have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

Yes, I installed a firmware update and also an app update on my iPhone. Now I can go much farther than before and select the 5.4Ghz bands. It helps a lot.
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fanseac5d530 Posted at 2018-5-6 19:37
Yes, I installed a firmware update and also an app update on my iPhone. Now I can go much farther than before and select the 5.4Ghz bands. It helps a lot.

Hi, thanks for your update. Glad to know that you have solved the issue and everything turns out to be great. Hope you have a great time on flying the drone.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules