Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi everyone.
I have a small question regarding gimbal and settings for night stills.
Before lates FW update I had this kinda sorted but everything was set to default after the update and now after every yaw movement of the Inspire the gimbal travels in yaw axis.
It needs at least a minute to stop, it travels slowly making shutter speed over 1/2s useless.
Can someone advise me how to make this more ''assertive'' ?
Also, AF is missing all the time even when set to center focus or tap focus, manual helps here but this is new as I was using AF at night before with no issues whatsoever ( city light scenes ).
AF confirmed but its always out of focus in the same matter ( images attached ).

Thanks for any help with those!

Autofocus

Autofocus

Manual Focus

Manual Focus
2018-5-1
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I'm not with my I2 at the moment so can't check, but I remember there was this "gimbal yaw smoothness in follow mode" parameter (something like that) that DJI support made a big deal out of. They stated that it must not be set to greater than 50 IIRC.

Also, as a side note, am I understanding correctly that you are yawing the AC when you are shooting panos? I have always yawed the gimbal (with the default gimbal params) and found that to be easier and steadier than repositioning the AC.

Regarding the AF issue, the only thing I can think of is to make sure your aperture is set to the largest (f/1.8, etc) when performing AF in low light. You probably know this already; and this of course doesn't explain the apparent issue after the firmware update.

2018-5-1
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rent Posted at 2018-5-1 08:28
I'm not with my I2 at the moment so can't check, but I remember there was this "gimbal yaw smoothness in follow mode" parameter (something like that) that DJI support made a big deal out of. They stated that it must not be set to greater than 50 IIRC.

Also, as a side note, am I understanding correctly that you are yawing the AC when you are shooting panos? I have always yawed the gimbal (with the default gimbal params) and found that to be easier and steadier than repositioning the AC.

Thank you for the reply!
Its not even when Im doing panos, usually after maneuvering the AC and setting it up its just travels for ages when I2 stops But doing panos too... yeah.
Also was using F1.8 before flawlessly with AF.

I will try to change those settings and use your advice to pan using gimbal, thank you
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rent Posted at 2018-5-1 08:28

Thanks for sharing the information.
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules